Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey July 27th Sleevers!!!

Only 2 weeks to go and we will be sleeved. :rolleyes: Yay Us!!! We are well on our way to being the best US we can be, that is so cool. So what are some of the feelings you are experiencing as the day draws closer? For me I am anxious, excited, nervous for the after surgery part. My hubby told me this morning that he is starting to imagine what I will look like thin as he has never seen me thinner than I am right now. That is pretty sad. I told him I was doing the same thing.

So come and lets talk about what we are doing to prepare, how we are feelings as the day gets closer, we have to support each other during this time to help us all get through.

Sheila

Hey Sheila,

I'm not the 27th...but 2 days after. Our board is so quiet :(. I'm feeling the same as you. All my thoughts are turned to the future and fitting into old clothes I love and having smaller arms to wear all the cute little summer dresses they sell down here in Texas. Not worrying about what people think about me as I start school to become a Vet Tech. Feeling comfortable in my scrubs and not feeling like the cow I'm treating looks better. I know I'm not cuter than the dogs and cats :P.

I am prepared to be sick for weeks after and not being able to eat normal for over a month. If it goes better than that...then I will be very pleasantly surprised.

If the doctor called and asked if I could switch to this Friday...I would be ALL OVER THAT!!! Waiting for my turn IS THE HARDEST THING!!!!!

As far as getting ready....I've started drinking a few shakes to easy me into the diet I will start on Friday. I'm just trying my hardest to occupy my thoughts...so I don't FREAK OUT!!!!! :P

Maybe the next two weeks go fast for us!!!! :)

Hi AutumnBlue,

You can join us that is fine with me. Where in Texas are you from? I live in Calgary Canada, but I am from Lawton, OK originally. Lawton is like 45 minutes north of Wichta Falls Texas. I remember all those cute summer dresses, we don't have to worry about wearing those here in Calgary. The summers rarely reach 90 degrees.

I am feeling mainly anxious for the day to get here. I will deal with all the post op pain and recovery, but I am ready to get on with the living part of after surgery. I have felt like my life has been on hold for so long because of lack of energy, I am ready to live. I want to be able to out last my husband when we go for hikes, walks, bike rides. My husband is not a small man by any means, but he seems to be able to keep going with energy.

Good luck with your journey.

Sheila

I'm way down in Houston. I moved here a year ago exactly. And it is HOT AND HUMID! I came from Fayetteville AR and that was not far from OK, but on a diff. corner than you are from. Because I am hot all the time...I need to be able to comfortably wear sleeveless tops.

My husband is a skinny a$$! Always has been. He is 6'1" and is currently at his highest weight of like 165 now because he is entering his mid 40's. But I've had to live with him most of our 18 years together with him being 135 and me mostly being around 190 and now at 230. I HATE being bigger than my husband. Girls are supposed to be small and be able to swim in their mans clothes. I keep up with him pretty well...but I don't like to do it. He wants me to bicycle with him and I feel so self conscious being a FAT girl on top of a skinny bike. Will be happy to be thin and bike with him.

I can't even imagine how great I would feel about 100 lbs less. I would think I would feel as light as air!!! Can't wait!!!!

:)

Oh man, I am going in on the 18th! I have heard from everyone that having a small pillow to press to the tummy when coughing or sitting up is really helpful so I went and bought some really cute fabric and some cotton stuffing and I'm going to make my own! :) lol. I have my little bag with gas-x strips, loose clothes, and I bought little mini Shampoo and conditioner for myself (I am going to have a friend help me wash my hair. Whenever I feel sick I always have to wash my hair and I feel better. I'm weird, I know!) and I also grabbed a mini shampoo and body wash for my husband :)

I am getting so nervous. I have butterflies in my stomach and of course the surgery is all I can think about. I feel like the few people that I have told about the surgery are probably sick of me talking about it. lol!! I feel like I've read every post on this forum (even though I am nowhere close to that) lol!

A small pillow IS an awesome idea!!! I love having my own pillows from home at the hospital too. When you've had surgery you can't have enough pillows to prop yourself up and get comfy and also....to help you get out of bed. Thanks so much MLD for the reminder! I have 14 more days of waiting after today....not counting surgery day of course. :)

Hi Everyone..

Im on the 27th.. and I am getting both excited and nervous.. I am feeling like i need to have my next last meal at every moment.. I understand this is a process that seems to be mostly mental right now.. but I am also looking forward to shopping, having my husband see me thinner and more attractive... I cant wait.. :D

Hi Everyone..

Im on the 27th.. and I am getting both excited and nervous.. I am feeling like i need to have my next last meal at every moment.. I understand this is a process that seems to be mostly mental right now.. but I am also looking forward to shopping, having my husband see me thinner and more attractive... I cant wait.. :D

Welcome Ruby.

Not long now. We have 5 days left. Yay!!!

Good luck on your journey and recovery. Keep us posted as to how your recovery is going.

Sheila :P

How's everyone feeling? I went from being super excited leading up to getting my surgery date... to super scared once I got my surgery date. And then the last few days, I've felt good and at ease. Now today, with 2 days left... the panic is setting in. :mellow: I start liquids today, we'll see how that goes. I have no doubt that I will be able to stick to it, but I probably won't be a pleasant person to be around. :P

I go Friday and if I think about it too much....I freak out a little! But I'm also super excited about the future and losing weight for the last time! Kelli....hope your liquid diet is easy. It will be so worth it. I'm on a simi liquid diet since the 16th and it hasn't been too bad. I had about 4 days of withdrawl from soda but doing OK now. Good Luck everyone!

How's everyone feeling? I went from being super excited leading up to getting my surgery date... to super scared once I got my surgery date. And then the last few days, I've felt good and at ease. Now today, with 2 days left... the panic is setting in. :mellow: I start liquids today, we'll see how that goes. I have no doubt that I will be able to stick to it, but I probably won't be a pleasant person to be around. :P

I felt the exact same way!! I lost 6 pounds in 4 days before my surgery. I just had no appetite because my stomach was in knots I was so nervous. Honestly, the worst part was getting the IV put in and even that wasn't so bad. It's over in just a few seconds. You aren't awake for any of the gorey stuff, you go to sleep and wake up loaded up with pain meds. My stomach muscles have been sore (obviously, I was "stabbed" 6 times. lol) but even that wasn't as bad as I anticipated. It just feels like I did a TON of crunches. The first 2-3 days are the worst and then it's pretty much smooooooth sailing.

Overall, I had it hyped up as a WAAAAY bigger deal in my head. I think because I was imagining it so much worse, I was very pleasantly surprised in the end :)

Small disclaimer: This is just how it went for me. I know many people have had a very similar experience to mine, though so there is a good likelihood it will be the same for you :) Best of luck to you!