Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to eat at McDonald's after the sleeve....

I love love this post! i was about to order Mc today as it was the only restaurants opened here now, then i was confused what to order, now I will follow ur way;) and will see!! :)

I'm not gonna lie, I've had mickey D's since having surgery. All of 3 times. And everytime I've ordered a grilled chicken honey mustard snack wrap.

first off, they give waaaay too much tortilla lol. I spend about 2 minutes picking off the extra tortilla. by the time i'm done, i end up with a small taquito size snack wrap.

I honestly don't crave a single thing from anywhere else. I have never eaten the snack wraps before and i don't crave them now. but these were times where yes i was on the go and i had nothing and was on a time crunch so i ordered a snack wrap.

i just wish i could use mickey d's honey mustard and make my own lol.

I was a McDonald's addict right up until a week before surgery .... I'm two weeks post op and nothing sounds good from there anymore, not even the new jalapeno cheddar Mc Chicken! I have had a few sips of hubby's sweet tea though. I'm planning to save my lunch money and never eat there again. I hope I can do it!!!

LOL.. thanks!!! i just wanted to be honest.. we will be stuck outside or will just feel like eating there... its natural... its not like we can eat a couple of big macs anyway, so whats the big deal !!!

@LESLIE: LOL.. glad i'm not alone!!!

FYI everyone else:

I would love to order a grilled chicken anything, but I live in Korea... 7,000 miles from home, and the menu at McD's is laughably limited.. only crispy chicken, nuggets, or beef... and i'm not a big beef fan even though i'm from Texas biggrin.gif and salad on the menu.... now I'm really laughing... the only salad on the menu here is a corn salad.. (a cup of corn with mayo mixed in... ugghhh.!!) this is a carb centric society that i'm living in... Fat free or sugar free anything... HAHAHAHA!!! even yogurt.... full fat and sugar or nothing... a bit limited!!

I'm sure once im back in the US i will be able to make healthier food choices... then again if i want to eat a chicken nugget i will... it wasn't eating 3 chicken nuggets that made my ass this big, it was eating 20 plus fries...

Oh, just want to say that even some of the long timers on here admit to eating crap... but they stress that it is okay, as long as it doesn't become an everyday occurrence and as long as you realize what you are taking in...

I love love this post! i was about to order Mc today as it was the only restaurants opened here now, then i was confused what to order, now I will follow ur way;) and will see!! :)

I am not eating regular food yet BUT we have been out to eat a few times since my surgery.

Chik FilA - my fav!! I order the chicken Soup - yes even the dead heat of summer!! I eat around the noodles or pluck them out. I eat the broth and the carrots (chuck the celery). It is sooooo good! And I get unsweet tea (add splenda).

Burger King - I haven't anything from here but I noticed that they had a veggie burger. That may be an option (no bun).

McDonalds - Umm I am NOT going to do fried foods.. personal choice - and I haven't eaten here since surgery BUT I like the grilled wraps and think tossing the tortilla would be smart. And just say no to the dressing they put on it!

My old friend - WENDY'S - let me tell you, this place is my saving grace post op. I have had so many baked potatoes!! Oh yum! When I went to mushy foods, this was my go-to. PLUS my family could eat their high calorie foods, and I had my tater. Yummmm!

It doesn't matter where we go, I find something that works with my new tiny tummy. And it is paying off!

At McDonalds I have ordered a 4 piece chicken mcnugget happy meal. I of course can't eat it all. At taco bell I have ordered the side of pintos and cheese. At wendys I have ordered a turkey sandwich to which I have eaten a piece of the turkey and then my boyfriend got the rest. Eating out at fast food restaurants is okay but I don't like spending the money for what I can eat. Its a once in awhile thing. Like maybe once a month. Btw I am 7 months out.

Well I dont count fat as I think fat is good for you but the carbs is where the baddies are. I eat this maybe once a week when I've forgotten to eat or when the fam is having a treat.

McDonalds=I get the McDouble and take the top bun off. I can eat the whole thing but I'm super stuffed

Wendy's = Jr Bacon cheeseburger take top bun off or I get chili

Chick fila I get the kids 2 strip meal with the sugarfree lemonade. I eat 1 and 1/2 strips and 2 fries.

I love reading this post. I am glad everyone can be honest enough and share even if they don't agree with the rest. I am just over two months out and I just don't crave fast food like I did before. Before it was almost a daily thing, sometimes even twice a day especially late nite after work to just swing by Mc'Ds was quick fast and easy. I will admit I have stopped for food at wendy's twice. Once during mushy stages and got the chili it was great. Also, recently for Breakfast I got the egg n' sausage burrito from the $1. Peel the tortilla and ate the insides. It was great. I think as long as you are consicious about making better choices and not overeating in the end you will be just fine. It is very apparent everyone on here made the better choice not including or limiting fries, no sugar, no bread/less carb versions of what they wanted. For me it was the everyday or several times a week habit with 2 mcdoubles, a mcchicken, of course fries and a large drink, oh and maybe an apple pie if I felt I deserved it after work that got me so big. Not the occasion piece of chx and lettuce. Congrats to all of you out there living your lives. We didn't make this choice to change who we are and stop living, but to better ourselves and become heathier verisions of us.

Hell yea to the sleeve!!!

Please like my comment if you agree, Thx

In "maintenance", I find myself at McD's 2 or 3 times a month. My favorite meal? Hamburger (minus those rehydrated onions - yuck!) with only the top bun with mustard, ketchup, and pickle. Apple Dippers (no caramel sauce) and 2 or 3 french fries. Gives me that "Fast Food" fix and is fairly "healthy". Sodium is not an issue for me since I have low blood pressure & I've been encouraged to add salt.

If you want to decree NO FAST food EVER AGAIN ... good for you. (In fact, I wish I had your willpower! :rolleyes: ) It's just not part of my reality with running kids around, having a husband that races a Pro3 Car all over the Northwest, and just an overall busy life. I make the best choices I can where I find myself. And some days, I decide not to make a "good" choice - I limit these times and it seems to be working for me.

I've only ate the one time at Chick fila and then Outback for my anniversary. All the things I listed earlier are just "options" if anyone were to get stuck out and have to get something. Choosing alternatives to my previous unhealthy choices are a vital part of my journey. I honestly think it is unrealistic for me personally to say I will never have McD's or BK again. I have a teenager. lol. And I know fast food isn't healthy for her either, unless we make the better choices. And we certainly don't/won't go as often as we used to. Fast food definitely contributed to the problems with my health and weight that I have now, and I actually enjoy and prefer staying at home to prepare things so I have more control over what I am putting in my mouth. I love having control over food rather than the other way around, it's so liberating!!

:)

I'm about a year and a half out and eat at McDonald's maybe one every two or three months. I either have the grilled chicken salad or four chicken nuggets (no fries, I can just about manage the four nuggets over a half an hour period). I tried a hamburger for the second time after surgely perhaps three months ago and it made me feel ill.