Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

X-box at Almater Hospital

Hi Everyone,

4 more days I will be in Mexicali!! Seems like just yesterday I was on here asking if you people were real!! LOL Sure hope you all are : ) cause I got my cashier's check today. Okay any of Dr. Aceves patient's know if the tv's at Almater hospital can play game systems? My partner wants to bring hers so she will have something to do. Thanks Cathi

I don't know about game systems, but I thought you should know that my TV was stuck up high on one wall with one of those hotel mounts. I'm not sure you could get the cords hooked up. Maybe bring the DS instead?

Yes we are all very real patients, LOL. I had a revision from band to sleeve on 6/23/11 and I am doing great. Like Foxbins stated my TV was high up on the wall as well so I am not sure, I would recommend bringing a lap top. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted. :D

Hi Everyone,

4 more days I will be in Mexicali!! Seems like just yesterday I was on here asking if you people were real!! LOL Sure hope you all are : ) cause I got my cashier's check today. Okay any of Dr. Aceves patient's know if the tv's at Almater hospital can play game systems? My partner wants to bring hers so she will have something to do. Thanks Cathi

Hahahah, I wonder what YOUR answer is going to be when someone new asks you the same question "are you people real patients?"

Hi Everyone,

Hi,

I am not sure if they will play a game system on them or not. Call them and ask them. They are wonderful and will tell you one way or another. YES I am very real. Do me a favor please? When you see Dr. Aceves--ask him is Suzanne in Oregon is real or not. Then tell him I said Hi. I had Dr. Aceves do my sleeve surgery Oct 2008 and I lost a total of 105 pounds and have maintained my weight loss. You are doing something that you will never regret. You are having all kinds of feeling and emotions right now. Cathi, this really is very normal. You are excited, want to get there and have the surgery, scared, 2nd guessing yourself and you are having some or all of these feeling all at one time too. A little worried about flying maybe too. I had all these feelings. You have nothing to fear when it comes to crossing the boarder--Ernest does this daily,

First if Ernesto is late picking you up that is really normal too--he was late picking me up and I went all by myself. He usually has to go all over the airport picking up 5 or 6 different people, so don't panic OK. Tell Ernesto I said Hi also, he and I are friends on Facebook. The doctors and the entire nursing staff and right down to the people who clean 24-7 at the hospital are fabulous. They are going to take excellent care of you. If you need or want something just ask--Dr. Aceves wants you to. Tell your partner that the restaurant in the hospital is really a gooooood place to eat. The food is yummy and very reasonable. Also tell her to ask for the menu in English they have it in English, but you have to ask for it. The reason I know this, is that about 6 month after my surgery, I went down with my best friend and she had sleeve surgery. They have a sofa for your partner to sleep on in your room. They are very comfortable. If she is taller they will trade out the shorter (love seat size sofa's for a full size one.) All you have to do is ask. They will give her sheets, blankets and a pillow for sleeping on it too. She can use your shower and bathroom too, just have her ask for towels and soap too. If you have any questions before you go, send me an E-mail, I read them daily.

I wish you great success in your journey. You know that the 1st month is the hardest month you will have to do after this surgery. I am also here for any questions that you many have.

Hugs,

Suzanne