Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

I was just reading someone's post about how she doesn't have any friends, cause she lost them all due to her not wanting to ever go out and be seen, all fat, and wearing yucky clothes. Then I remembered that that's what I did.

I don't know, maybe I'd still be doing it, if I knew people around here.... people who I don't regularily see, and might be surprised to see 'what I've become'. I've stayed away and avoided the hell out of old friends, and family members, because I didn't want them to see me. I'd get so stressed when I'd find out family was coming to town, and find any excuse to not be there for it.... and seeing former school-mates anywhere... I'd turn and walk the other way.

Now, I'm still thinking it, but right now, because I don't want them to see me YET. That's the good thing about living so far away and not being able to see anyone for so long.

I think I forgot to tell you guys this... when we went to Halifax, we stayed with a friend of ours from Saskatoon. I haven't seen him since either Jan or May (can't remember if it was when Dan left, or came back to visit)

We arrived, and he met us outside, to guide us in his car to where we were supposed to park. He and Dan took his car, and me and Lauren took mine. Dan later told me that this guy, Sean, said to Dan that he saw us walking up to his door and didn't even recognize me, and that I was looking really good. That was nice to hear.

But isn't is INSANE that even after something like that, that I wouldn't REALLY believe it?! I mean, he said it to Dan... it's not like he said it to me, and I can think "Oh, he's just trying to be nice." He said nothing about it to me... we're just not that kind of friends.

It's 2 am... gotta get up in 5 hours. AHH!! Why can't I sleep? !

It's 2 am... gotta get up in 5 hours. AHH!! Why can't I sleep? !

Because your bed is a damn air mattress!!!! :notagree

(by the way...kewl story above!)

Slow on the draw again........

Mandi,

HUGE DIFFERENCE

your pic's are wonderful, pinch yourself man, your beautiful......

BELIEVE IT!!!!

Slow on the draw again........

Mandi,

HUGE DIFFERENCE

your pic's are wonderful, pinch yourself man, your beautiful......

BELIEVE IT!!!!

Yes, Cloe is right BELIEVE IT!!!

Looking good! You should go to the mall and get some "Glamour shots by Deb! They're 75% off this week!" You're bordering on Spicy! Chili Today...Hot Tamale. Your friends look like lots of fun. Jagermeister shots anyone? They always seem like such a great idea at the time. Eww..I think I through up in my mouth a little bit...

Yoda - the air mattress died. Luckily it had only been 80 some days since we got it (this is our 2nd one), and I was able to return it. I used the money from it and bought Xmas decoration (including that poinsetta)... and now we're sleeping on the futon that our last house guest left behind. It's not AWFUL... but I'd like a bigger bed. This is like, double or something. I need at least a queen!! Anyways, unfortunetly, it's in our 'office', and it's too big to move into our bedroom without disassembling it. I'll make Dan do it someday soon.

Cloe, Wheezy, Mookie - thank you thank you thank you :)

LOL mookie. Thanks! Never done Jager shots. Heard they taste like black licorice, and of that I am not a fan!

I never did Jager shots, cause I heard it tastes like black licorice. I threw up in my mouth just thinking about it!

....hey mandi...we really ARE spiritual mates.....I can't STAND the taste (or the thought) of black licorice.....even the smell makes me want to heave!!! LOL

So, I've always stayed far far away from jager.... now....tequila....different story!! (but we won't even go there!!).

:rolleyes

I now stay far, far, away from tequila! I used to bring a baggie full of lemon slices and a salt shaker to parties. :omg:

Too bad about staying away from tequila. I have a great Margarita recipe using freshly squeezed limes....yummy!!! And it's good for you, lot's of Vitamin C. LOL

Please share your recipe. I love a good Margarita, for that matter any Margarita lol. But Zima is my favorite drink.

Yasmina

Mr Yoda makes an incredibly delicious margarita cake......very boozy but yummy too!

I don't drink anymore......so yeah, that includes tequila!!! (it's different when its in cake!) LOL.

My LAST ever tequila drinking night.....I was in my early 20s and somehow my Dad wound up at the same pub I was at. He didn't know I drank and you have to understand we NEVER got along (and even now we merely tolerate one another)....anyways, so I had been doing tequila ALL night and was positively falling down drunk (but a very happy fun drunk) with about 30 of my closest friends and in walks my dad with all his cronies (he was also feeling pretty much no pain).....imagine my (our) surprise when we drunkedly bumped into one another. At first I was completely HORRIFIED and after that fleeting sober moment he and I probably had the best time together that we have ever had before then (& since). Sad that that is what it took. But anyways, the next day I thought I had gone to hell.....so never drank tequila again!

Oh...and I forgot to mention.....someone had taken a photo of us together with our arms around each other and I still have that photo....it is the ONLY photo I have of us that we are both smiling in and look happy to be together .....(sadly, all the others tell quite a different story).

yoda, that makes me feel sad. My Papa and I don't have much of a relationship either. He was in the forces and was rarely home. When he was home he was drinking and/or fighting with my Mom. Not sure if we'll ever have a relationship where we talk more often then 2-3 times a year. He lives about 15 minutes away...that's sad. You know that some by Mike and the Mechanics.."In the Living years"? "I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away, I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say...Say it loud, Say it clear, In the living years..." Anyway, that song makes me choke up. My stupid pride gets in the way and I end up telling myself "well, I called him last time, now its his turn." While time ticks on we hold strong at some kind of stupid stalemate. Ok..off the soap box.

I know that song well Mookie. I used to think about my dad and I during that song too and think, "man I'm gonna have regrets one day when he dies" (assuming he goes first!). But then (several yrs ago) I tried my damndest and it didn't work and I finally comprehended that it "takes two" to make it work; it just can't be one-sided. So, I finallly reached a point where I realized (& accepted) that I did all I could at my end; nothing was left. In other words, if he dies tomorrow (knock on wood) I will be at peace; I will have no regrets; knowing that there was nothing else I could do.....it was his choice/decision....unconscious or otherwise. It felt good to get to that point.