Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Hang in there Mandi. I wish I could offer more advice and comfort but I am true newbie and learn way more from you than you could ever hear from me!!

Donna: I guarantee you if you are restricted and picking healthy foods, that will be enough. It isn't like dieting that you deprive yourself, you just are supposed to pick smaller quanitities. Quality counts not quanity. Doddie

Mandi, hang in there it's probably just a plateau. You have done so well. I know what you mean about the finicky band. One day you can eat a lot and others barely anything goes down. I'm scheduled for a fill on the 30th but sometimes I think what the hell am I doing? I think though that more and more the eat almost anything days are more frequent. I'm trying on those days to make better choices. It's like since the band, I hardly eat any fruit but on the days I find myself eating more, maybe it's a good time to get the fruit or some veggies in.

Anyhoo, don't get impatient, you have lost 105 lbs in 1 year!!!! That's amazing!!!:clap2:

I suggest them because they would be an excellent idea to have around of you ever feel like you might soon be throwing up. I mean REAL throwing up... from the flu, food poisoning, whatever... that's what happened to me, and if I'd maybe had some on hand, I would have used it, and not irritated myself to the point that I needed the complete defill... hence the waste of the last 2 months.

(and suppositories, because how are you going to keep anything you swallow down, if you're throwing up?)

Mandi - I think your plateau is just like when we do a regular diet (old days) when you get down to the nitty gritty last 20 or so pounds it goes much slower. I think we all know how hard that is on the motivation. Maybe try a little different workout. Change up any usual routine for a bit. Even long walks. Was is you that said was expecting snow? I am in Toronto and we are in for one beeeeautiful weekend. Good luck and if you look back you'll see that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself you really have done a fantastic job.

Hi: Look at your present weight loss and hopefully you can see all your efforts. There must have been a slowdown somewhere there. What did you do them? Whatever, I would kill to have a loss like that. Good work and keep the faith, it will start coming off again. Doddie

I know, I know, and I DO appreciate how well I HAVE done, but you gotta realize how it feels doing so well for so long, and then it STOPPING all together. For the longest time I didn't believe it was going to work at all, and got myself ready for disappointment.... then I started doing well, started believing that I'd do awesome... I did awesome... and then it was over. Just reeling still, I guess.

I didn't have any plateaus longer than a couple weeks, before this. So... like everyone I've heard giving advice about them before, I waited it out, and now it's time to do something to get things moving!

I do apologize to anyone thinking 'shut up already, be thankful for what you've got/done!" and believe me, I'm sorry, and I am. I just don't have people to talk weight things with, so I do it here, cause I know there must be other people who get what I'm talking about. :straight

I do apologize to anyone thinking 'shut up already, be thankful for what you've got/done!" and believe me, I'm sorry, and I am. I just don't have people to talk weight things with, so I do it here, cause I know there must be other people who get what I'm talking about. :straight

NO! NO! NO! Mandi - don't apologize. I don't think anyone is thining shut up - we are all so enamoured of your success! This is a support forum for everyone no matter what stage they are at. I for one, want to hear what challenges you and others face during this.

Susan

Mandi just noted something you said,you did'nt believe it would work for the longest time and were bracing for dissipointment, does that mean you were slow to start? I'm grasping for something right now b/c after two fills I'm struggling to maintain (acturally I've gained). Good luck with kick starting things again but the thought of having to go on that type of diet again makes me sad,I was hoping with the band those days od yukky diets were all in my past.:rolleyes

Hi Argon: For goodness sake, don't appologize for asking for help. No one is telling you to shut up, if they do, I will tell them to follow their own advice. Looking back at how much and how far you have come can be an equalizer plus all the other good advice given. You can do it. We all know what it is like to want to do something but the brain just doesn't want to take part. I am in a funk right now and looking for my first fill. Being an optimist, I keep thinking I will get moving soon. Doddie.

Thank you guys :(

Loriely, it's a possibility, but I can't get over there (Nova Scotia) for one for a couple weeks anyway. I'm so freaked out about getting any more of a fill, because of the freakish random bouts of tightness I get! I wanna try this last thing, and if that fails... I'll get another fill. It's just a huge hassle to get there to get one. If I could drive to the clinic, and get 0.1cc fills at a time, I would definitely do that, but for $100, plus 8 hours driving, I can't bear to get such a tiny fill!!!

Oh, Astro: Things were kind of slow to start... not really bad at all. BUT, I just never believed it was going to keep up, and be so steady, and continue to be... but it did! I've NEVER lost any great (>30lbs) weight, so anything more than that was unchartered territory, and never seemed like something I could do.

Astrotoes, it sounds like I'm at the same spot you are, wondering if this is actually going to work. I went for my second fill yesterday and don't notice a whole lot of difference.I've lost about 10lbs in total, initially 15 and since gained back 5. A tad discouraging.