Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The hardest thing is knowing you want this surgery totally and coming up with the funds

I would've totally scheduled my surgery by now.. and now i just wait... you would think a hard workin mom of 4+2 step kido's that has two jobs would be having this issue.. i'm so ready to start my journey.. i hate this waiting crap..

My dad is possibly going to loan me the money but it may not be for awhile... and you know I contemplated selling my grandmothers ring she gave me bless her soul she died last april of cancer. My dad said if i ever feel like i want to sell it he would loan me the money but he's being slow about it... You know it's funny i think my grandma gave it to me just in case i needed money for something.. because it only reminds me of her because i know it was hers.. but she never wore it hardley ever.. is it bad that i even thought about selling it? I keep thinking would she want me to hold on to it just to have it sit in a drawer where nobody see's it because i wouldn't want to ever wear it and lose it... or would she want me to do something with it that would change my life forever??? Making me healthier to live a fuller longer life??

I am a big beleiver in positive thiniking and visuallizing.. big on THE secret book if you have ever read or watched it. good stuff.

So what would you guys do??

I know how you feel. I wouldn't give up the only thing you have to hold from her. That is important to you, and I bet once you give it away you'll miss it. Have you tried looking at no patient left behind. If you have half of the money for surgery they will pay the other half for you.

There's some good surgeons in Mexico who are cheap. At alighterme.com there is Dr. Lopez-Ortega. He has a package deal with hospital stay+hotel stay, pre-op testing, free transportation, free calls to the US & more for only $5,000. The next cheapest I know is Dr. Almanza. I've heard great things about him. He is $5200. I'm going to Dr.Kelly. He has been doing this procedure almost 10 years. His cost is $5,500. If your dad can give you around 2500 you'll be good to go.

I toldly agree too! Once you sell something so near and dear to you, you may instantly regret it. I know what the money means to you and live a longer life my be better than being unhealthy with a cherished item. It's a truly hard call. I am having a hard time getting the money together for my surgery. My doctor feels that my insurance will cover it, but I have spoken with them several times and was told that they don't cover any WLS, at least the insurance package my job has. I am strongly looking into going to Mexico or trying to find some sort of finance company to go thru. I hope all things work out for you kansasgirl!! I'll keep you in my prayers. And msleesa...thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out myself.

I feel the same way.. you guys do.. but not with this ring.. i do have a heart necklace with her ashes in it.. and she gave something i cherish more.. the miniature doll set she and i would play with and her mirror i would always ask about...which is why i think she had some other motive of giving me this ring as it is worth quite a bit and i have no connection to it really other than knowing it was hers. This ring was valued at 8,000 about 12 years ago, but when my dad gave it to me.. he actually made my husband promise him he would tell him if i even thought about selling it...that he would loan me the money instead.. he doesn't realize that i already have the things i cherish and remember most about my grandma... He wan'ts me to pass this down to my children...

I don't know i'm really torn i don't want to let him down but i know she know's i always wanted to be healthier and not so heavy...I hope to get a resolutions soon.. I'm definetly wanting to get surgery..with dr. Kelly Just the waiting and knowing that I don't have to wait for my insurance company to approve anything... I've waited three years for them to even think about covering weight loss surgery... i'm so tired of this battle... Thanks for all the advice msleesa i hope your surgery goes well and recovery is fast and easy!! let us know how you do!!!! Also a change is coming... thanks for your advice as well.. and i say prayers all the time for people y ou will be included in mine :-)

My grandmother my favorite person on this world. I understand your love for her. However, please don't sell the ring. What's meant to be will be. If you truly need this surgery and God knows it will change your life. The money is going to come regardless. He will make a way for you. All I can suggest is finding a loan company if your father can't provide the amount for you, but I'd be sad if you gave up something so beautiful. Best of Luck!

I would've totally scheduled my surgery by now.. and now i just wait... you would think a hard working mom of 4+2 step kido's that has two jobs would be having this issue.. I'm so ready to start my journey.. i hate this waiting crap..

My dad is possibly going to loan me the money but it may not be for awhile... and you know I contemplated selling my grandmothers ring she gave me bless her soul she died last April of cancer. My dad said if i ever feel like i want to sell it he would loan me the money but he's being slow about it... You know it's funny i think my grandma gave it to me just in case i needed money for something.. because it only reminds me of her because i know it was hers.. but she never wore it hardley ever.. is it bad that i even thought about selling it? I keep thinking would she want me to hold on to it just to have it sit in a drawer where nobody see's it because i wouldn't want to ever wear it and lose it... or would she want me to do something with it that would change my life forever??? Making me healthier to live a fuller longer life??

I am a big believer in positive thinking and visualizing.. big on THE secret book if you have ever read or watched it. good stuff.

So what would you guys do??

Hi,

I hear what you are saying. There are companies that loan money for medical things. Check with the doctor that you are going to have do your surgery. They can usually give you some names of these places that offer loans for surgery and other medical things. Now I will tell you that their interest rate is high. I had someone say this to me... We never think twice about making a car payment. So why not make "Body Payments." That is just what she was doing.

I was very lucky that I had the money to do this. So Please never give up on the fact that you want to have this done. You are worth the effort it is going to take and you DESERVE to have it. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Hugs,

Suzanne