Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Changed my goal and now I'm in the home stretch!

Sign in to follow this  

I posted before that I was thinking about changing my goal. I decided that at 145 I'll be happy. I'll never be 110, which is what the stupid chart says that I will be considered "healthy". I think one of my leg bones weighs that much alone. Plus, I like my curves and I like being "thick". I don't want to be skinny, just healthy. So, that brings me to the final stretch...

Lord it's hard. I find the closer I'm getting to my goal the more crap I'm eating. I don't even know why. I've been able to eat what I want for a few months now, But lately all I want is stuff I'm not supposed to have. I still eat small portions, but my choices need some serious reevaluation. I think it's the summer. It's hot and those frozen strawberry lemonade things from McDonalds are delicious. I only drink about 25% of a small one, but I shouldn't have any. Plus there are cookouts and all this crap is around. I find myself "tasting" some things that I don't eat at home. Maybe I should just stay at home and then I won't eat them.

But, I've taken to walking and exercising like a fiend. It seems that no matter what unhealthy stuff I'm eating, as long as I get in my 2 hour a day walk, 2 hours of Zumba a week, and 1 hour of Water aerobics I'm still losing. Granted it's not as fast as when I was eating healthier but it's still coming off and I'm toning up nicely.

Another thing I've noticed? If I skip a couple of days of exercise I feel bad. Like my muscles get sore and I ache. Especially in my hips. The only way to open them up is to stretch really well and work out. Even though I don't always feel like it mentally, I have to do it to feel well physically.

I wish all of us <30 good luck and a healthy future!

Isn't it weird how when you are closer to the end you pick at the crap! We were shopping this weekend and the kids had those damn Auntie Ann's pretzels, Oh my Goodness they are so f*cking good! of course I had a few of the bits from the girls! They never finish, but never want to share!!!

I still lost a pound over the weekend eating the crap and drinking the McDs frozen lemonade! love them too, only they give me MAJOR heart burn! need to remember to take a Zantac before I drink another one!!

Good luck to you!!!

Hi Shanny welcome to your finish line! I hear you on not wanting to get to a ridiculous goal. I'm in the same boat.

If I may make a suggestion: maybe you can set little mini goals for yourself regarding your eating. Like suppose you say, starting today I WILL NOT visit McD's for 7 days (one week) and see how that goes. I find that when I do these little mini goals re: my eating it gets me back into the healthy and proper eating routine.

Regardless you have done phenomenally well, and I probably don't even need to be giving you any advice!! LOL :) Good luck on the remainder of your journey!!!