Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

STALL ALREADY, IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Ok logically I know I'm being ridiculous. I am post op day 13 and I can't understand how I can los 14 pounds in my first week and now in my second week I have not lost a pound. I would have been ok with losing it 7 pounds one week and 7 pound the next week. I just started my full liquids 2 days ago, not taking in that much calories, so i'm stump. I just had my period so I know it's not hormonal. Did this happen to anyone else? Any advice?

Also what are some suggestions for full liquid diet besides Protein Shakes and yogourt?

It's no big deal.. your body is adjusting.. most people stall at week 3 or 4 cuz of the shock of the surgery.. I stalled at week 5 personally.. just follow your doctor's eating and exercise advice, and everything will fall into place at your body's own speed! Oh, and your first week loss is awesome!! That is no small number to scoff at, so just chillax and enjoy the ride!! biggrin.gif

Your body tends to keep a store of things in your liver in case you ever need it. When your body first senses that it's being deprived, especially if it's being deprived of sugar, it tells your liver to release its stores. This is what accounts for the huge weightlosses dieters (or anyone who makes a big change in their diet) see in the first 1 - 2 weeks of their new eating habits. Once these stores are released and used up, the body is able to go into a catabolic (fat burning) mode, which is why there's sometimes little or even no loss for a bit after that initial drop.

It's not a "stall" -- it's just your body adjusting. Your body is striving for equilibrium. After an initial loss of stores, it's going to say "Woah doggy!" and slam on the brakes.

For about the first 2 - 4 weeks you're losing weight, it's going to be about half Water, sugar stores, and other fluid-type reserves -- and about half fat.

Just remember - it's not physically possible to, in a healthy way, maintain the type of loss long term that you're going to see up front. You will have ebs & flows.

Early stalls are common ( though a stall is really a much longer time...) I stalled at 2 weeks for 8 days. Your body needs to get it together!

This article really helps explain: http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Meanwhile your other question- how about cream Soups? I pureed them if they had solids like chicken and then strained them. You can add a little unflavored Protein powder to them too. Also sugar free pudding- yumm! Relax- I seem to have a week of really slow or no losing- 02 a day or 0- and then a good week of 4 or 5 pounds. Trust your body, start thinking about adding walking and other exercise as you are allowed, work on your Protein and fluids- and relax! (I am talking to me as well as you ;-P)

lol, I tell myself to take a chill pill. i prepared myself for the 3 week stall. when i saw how much i was losing, it blew my mind and then boom nothing for the past week. but i know it will come off.

It's no big deal.. your body is adjusting.. most people stall at week 3 or 4 cuz of the shock of the surgery.. I stalled at week 5 personally.. just follow your doctor's eating and exercise advice, and everything will fall into place at your body's own speed! Oh, and your first week loss is awesome!! That is no small number to scoff at, so just chillax and enjoy the ride!! biggrin.gif

thank you so much for the reminder. i guess the dieter in me just want the scale to go down, if i'm doing what the doctor tell me to do. I'm feeling more at ease now. i'm also concentrating more now on increasing my Protein intake.

Your body tends to keep a store of things in your liver in case you ever need it. When your body first senses that it's being deprived, especially if it's being deprived of sugar, it tells your liver to release its stores. This is what accounts for the huge weightlosses dieters (or anyone who makes a big change in their diet) see in the first 1 - 2 weeks of their new eating habits. Once these stores are released and used up, the body is able to go into a catabolic (fat burning) mode, which is why there's sometimes little or even no loss for a bit after that initial drop.

It's not a "stall" -- it's just your body adjusting. Your body is striving for equilibrium. After an initial loss of stores, it's going to say "Woah doggy!" and slam on the brakes.

For about the first 2 - 4 weeks you're losing weight, it's going to be about half Water, sugar stores, and other fluid-type reserves -- and about half fat.

Just remember - it's not physically possible to, in a healthy way, maintain the type of loss long term that you're going to see up front. You will have ebs & flows.

It is very comforting to hear that it is possible to not lose weight in the 2nd week. this is why i love this website, you have people that can share their experiences with you and tell you not to freak out :P . without the sleeve, i would have gotten discourage and blow my diet. yay sleeve!

Early stalls are common ( though a stall is really a much longer time...) I stalled at 2 weeks for 8 days. Your body needs to get it together!

This article really helps explain: ttp://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Meanwhile your other question- how about cream Soups? I pureed them if they had solids like chicken and then strained them. You can add a little unflavored Protein powder to them too. Also sugar free pudding- yumm! Relax- I seem to have a week of really slow or no losing- 02 a day or 0- and then a good week of 4 or 5 pounds. Trust your body, start thinking about adding walking and other exercise as you are allowed, work on your Protein and fluids- and relax! (I am talking to me as well as you ;-P)