Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foxbins in the homestretch

Sign in to follow this  

This a.m., 180 lbs. Goal, 150 lbs by Nov. 1. Workouts--running, swimming, or weights 4-5x/week, which I should really bump up to 6 days. Tweaked my knee running a couple of days ago so swimming today and no lower body weights until the pain goes away. Low-carbing, carbs are usually around 30-35 (my Calcium gives me 10, so not much room there). Calories between 500-700 most days, usually around 650, Protein between 60-80. I have lost my hunger so I usually eat by the clock, but some days my stomach doesn't want any food until the afternoon so I have a Protein Shake.< /p>

THIS a.m., down 1.5 lbs.! I haven't lost 2 lbs. in two days in a couple of months--mostly it's lose a pound, three or four days go by, lose a half-pound, another 3 or 4 days...Maybe my body has adapted, finally, to low carbs and high Protein. Or maybe it's just random. I'll take it!

Welcome on board.

You have got a great start now on the home stretch!

We are all here cheering for you to get tofinish line!

Thank you, bookleen! Encouragement is so nice--

Today I am down another half-pound to 178. Of course, yesterday I tried chicken again and it (again) didn't agree with me, and I had a report due this am so I worked on that all day and didn't really eat. My total calories for the day were about 360. Today I am going swimming and catching up with fluids (supposed to be 95 here today) and will try to fit in at least 80 gms of Protein.

It's almost like my body took a breather last month and now has reset to losing again. I may reach goal weight lots sooner than November at this rate.

Hi Foxbins, congrats on the pounds you've already lost! You're running pretty smooth. I'm looking forward to following your progress to goal!!!

Thank you, Diva, for your praise, it always helps to hear that I'm doing a good job.

Today, down another half-pound, and I was sure I would be up--no exercise the past three days (chained to my desk for work) and I needed to take some Miralax last night and that usually means some temporary Water gain until it works.

Also, I have a bicep! Granted, it's only really noticeable on the right arm (the left is still pretty flat) but I am so pleased. One of my overall goals for getting this surgery was to be physically strong. I had noticed that it was getting more and more difficult to lift a 40 lb. bag of dog food and I need to be able to do that. Weightlifting is paying off!

I tried on a bunch of pants in my closet that I haven't worn in probably 10 or 11 years and they all fit! Size 14...too bad that of the ones I need to wear most all are "Mom jeans." They are really high-waisted and make my upper body look really short, and the rise is funny, too much fabric. Also, I don't have a butt anymore and most of them flatten what is there down to nothing. Looks like I need to go shopping for jeans.

On a somewhat related topic, I find myself putting in the "donate" pile MOST of my large size clothes, but holding on to one or two things. It's true I discarded all the size 24, 22, 20, and 18, but I found myself hanging up a couple pairs of size 16 pants today even though I fit a 14 now. Could it be that I secretly think I might need the larger size again someday? Or am I keeping them because they are looser and more comfortable? I will have to think about this.

Down to 174.5 today! I realized this morning that in 4 more pounds, I will be 75% of the way to goal. I celebrated the half-way mark, at 41 lbs gone, and the 50 lb. mark, because it was a nice round number but I missed the 2/3 to goal mark which happened between 54 and 55 lbs.

It was hot here and I only have two pairs of shorts, so I pulled a pair out of the "donate" pile since they had an elasic waist. I put them on and they fell off. I can hardly believe sometimes that I was as big as I was...I sort of believed it, mostly when I couldn't see my feet anymore and had to buy wide-width shoes, but I think I was in denial for a lot of the time. Except I hated myself when I looked in the mirror.

Guess I should hit up a thrift shop for some more shorts.

I am wearing size 12 jeans from 1998! I have an afternoon get-together with friends tomorrow and I was looking in my closet for something to wear. The pants (14) I was wearing were a little loose so I thought, "Let's try a 12." I held them up and thought, "Oh, that waistband looks really tiny" but put them on anyway and they fit! Now, I wouldn't want to sit in them and you could see my panty line and the outline of the pockets so they are not suitable for tomorrow, but I pawed around in the closet some more and pulled out these jeans. They fit fine--as a matter of fact, the waist is gapping a little at the back. They are, sadly, Mom jeans and look quite out-of-date but I can fit in them!! Now if I can just find something for tomorrow,,,