Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi From Washington State

Guest ShuzyQ

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking around this site for days and decided it was time to introduce myself!

I first heard about the band last fall when I was watching Barbara Walters interview Sharon Osbourne. After months of reaserch I decided this was what I wanted/needed to do. So far I am down 20lbs.

Glad to be here!

hi Shuzy Q :D

Glad you introduced yourself. Just so you know, Sharon Osbourne telling her story is what prompted me to research the band as well! I know a few Bandsters who heard about the band the first time from reading about her.

Anyway, welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey!

Annette

Hi! I am also from Washington (maple valley) and have recently been considering the lap band. I fluctuate between 250 and 215. I work out 5 days a week doing strength training and used to do a lot of cardio but have cut down on that in the last 3 months. I seem to get no where. My muscles have developed nicely but really no large fat loss. I am curious about your surgery. What kind of doctor does this surgery? How much did it cost you approx? Did any of your insurance cover it? Who was your doctor? Would you recommend them? Help! I really want to do this but need to convince my husband that the cost is worth it.

stats:

5'5", 32 yrs old, married no children (don't want any) between 215-250 lbs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

Guest ShuzyQ

Hi angelpantz-

I also sent you a private message but I wanted to also let everyone know that there is a new lap band support group that will be meeting at the Covington Library the first Sunday of each month. The first meeting will be Sunday Sept. 7 - sorry I can't remember the time but you can get the details at www.wlssuccess.com.

Hi Im cindy from federal way. I had surgery back on january 28th of this year. I am down 70 pounds and hoping it will keep going.. Glad to see so many from washington.. Good luck everyone

:)

Cindy

Hi Cindy! Who did your surgery? Did your insurance cover it?

Welcome!

Originally posted by SeattleCindy

Hi Im cindy from federal way. I had surgery back on january 28th of this year. I am down 70 pounds and hoping it will keep going.. Glad to see so many from washington.. Good luck everyone

:)

Cindy

dr oh did my surgery in federal way. My insurance covered 80 perecent. They also pay 80 percent on my fills. Which is lucky...

When is your surgery date or do you have one yet?

dr oh did my surgery in federal way. My insurance covered 80 perecent. They also pay 80 percent on my fills. Which is lucky...

When is your surgery date or do you have one yet?

No i am very new to this. Have thought about it for a long time but just started asking questions and looking into it yesterday. How happy were you with Dr. Oh and do you know of any other patients? I am schd for the orientation next Friday. Nervous. My insurance today said that this surgery is approved by them often so I may have a good chance. We will have to see.... keeping fingers crossed.

dr oh is a great doctor. He's a very good surgeon and I have another friend who was banded by him a week before me. He doesn't talk very much but is thorough enough to make sure you are okay and doing well. He asks all the important questions and will help you through everything and his office manager sherry is very sweet. All the girls there will take good care of you. Let me know that status ..how you are doing and all that.. Will be in touch and let me know when you find anythign out. If you want to email me personally my email is everylilwhisper@aol.com

Take care,

Cindy:cool:

dr oh is a great doctor. He's a very good surgeon and I have another friend who was banded by him a week before me. He doesn't talk very much but is thorough enough to make sure you are okay and doing well. He asks all the important questions and will help you through everything and his office manager sherry is very sweet. All the girls there will take good care of you. Let me know that status ..how you are doing and all that.. Will be in touch and let me know when you find anythign out. If you want to email me personally my email is everylilwhisper@aol.com

Take care,

Cindy:cool:

Thanks for the info. I am so worried that I will be turned down. I am feeling a little guilty. Feels like I am giving up. Yet I am excited and hope that I don't get turned down.

Hi, my name is Jody and I had my band placed 2 1/2 weeks ago in Mexico and now I was wondering if anyone in washington state had a Dr. they went to that they knew would do fills for people who did not have the band placed with that particular Dr? And if they knew appr. how much it would cost?

Thanks for the help,

Jody