Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month surgeriversary (yesterday)

So yesterday was my one month surgeriversary (or how ever you spell it) LOL!! I was so busy at work and after, I did not get to post!

First of all YAY ME!! Second, my nut called me and I officially get to eat soft foods!! YAY ME again!! This makes me soooo very happy. Just much more variety there and NO MORE LIQUIDS!!

I wanted to tell ya'll what I got to eat. Now, I have always loved food (obviously), but never been so excited over the things I got to eat yesterday!!

I had the following:

B: 2 slices chicken lunchmeat & 1 slice swiss cheese

S: 1 light string cheese

L: 1/2 c. Wendy's chili (YUMMM)

S: 35g Pure Protein Drink

D: 1 boiled egg hollowed out with hummus in the middle

I drank all of my 64oz of Water and I feel AWESOME!! However, when I weighed this a.m., I gained .8 lbs!! I am not an obsessor over my weight, but I wonder if it could be from me actually eating food now? Salt maybe? I am not too worried about it, as it could be it is about a week from TOM!! BOOO!

I am happy that in a month, I have lost 22lbs from my surgery and 77lbs since my pre-op diet! I really think I can do this!

Just thought I would share my great news! Have a geat day everyone! I will!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

You can totally do this girl, you ARE doing this! Good for you! Thanks for sharing. Great job!:D

I bet it was wonderful getting to move to the solids stage!!! Yay! You are doing an awesome job!!!

:cheer2:

You go girl!!! You're doing fantastic! Big Hugs and Cheers on the rest of the months that will come and go as quickly as this one did!! :)

Great job and great choices...I'm going to try the egg/hummus thing! I want hummus so bad and cant have the chips or pretzels to scoop with. Veggies are to rough on my tummy right now...BUT AN EGG!?? Pure genius! Thanks!

Yeah I had them one time at a party! They were different and at that time, I was not a huge hummus eater.

Now, I love me some hummus!! I make terrible deviled eggs anyway and this is just easier, healthier, and taste better!

:D

Kelly

Great job and great choices...I'm going to try the egg/hummus thing! I want hummus so bad and cant have the chips or pretzels to scoop with. Veggies are to rough on my tummy right now...BUT AN EGG!?? Pure genius! Thanks!

HOORAY for my RV sleeve sistuh!!!! Sounds like you are on the road to normal life! Wow!

Coincidentally- yesterday was my four weeks too ;-P Though I am not on soft foods I pureed two ounces of costco rotisserie chicken salad yesterday and (after pulling out the celery) ate it in total rapture! I was a little worried as I know chicken can be a problem but not only did it becoe the new"best thing I ever ate :P " but it went down beautifully! It is 14 grams of Protein for two ounces too- and zero carbs! It felt good to add another food since I fell into a rut last week eating the same things for five days straight because I knew I would tolerate it and it added up right. I want to avoid doing that and keep trying new things. Next up? A veggie, and a fruit.

I actually am wanting to have a higher calorie day for mixing it up since I seem to end up between 580-660 calories day after day and I don't want to fall into starvation mode.

I did lose four pounds last week and this week has been a bit frustrating- for three days straight I have lost 0.2 pounds! Well- I wont really complain since if I lose .2 a day for ten days that will still be two pounds so I guess as long as it goes down! This also makes me thing upping the calories for a day or two might help but it is HARD to do! I wait 2-3 hours between "meals" and then with waiting after to drink...well fitting in an extra something is not that easy!

I am really proud that I am exercising twice most days- 45 minutes of walking and an hour of Water aerobics. That also can have caused the slowdown again if I am making muscles.

I need to remember it is a journey, not a race!

Now where is Michelle? We need to hear about her one month!

MMMMMM! I love Costco's chicken salad!! I wonder if I could eat it??? I think I might have to go get some this weekend and try it! YUMMY!!

Good job on the exercising Meggie! That is great. At this point, I am only allowed to walk. I have not seen my surgeon for my follow-up yet and don't until the 16th. At that point, he will release me to do other things I am sure.

Yeah, were is Michelle? I don't think I have read anything from her in the last day or so! I hope she is o.k.

I think tonight I will do leftover roast, gravy and potatoes. Then tomorrow try something different. It is so nice to FINALLY have variety!! :D :D :D

Hugs,

Kelly

HOORAY for my RV sleeve sistuh!!!! Sounds like you are on the road to normal life! Wow!

Coincidentally- yesterday was my four weeks too ;-P Though I am not on soft foods I pureed two ounces of costco rotisserie chicken salad yesterday and (after pulling out the celery) ate it in total rapture! I was a little worried as I know chicken can be a problem but not only did it becoe the new"best thing I ever ate :P " but it went down beautifully! It is 14 grams of Protein for two ounces too- and zero carbs! It felt good to add another food since I fell into a rut last week eating the same things for five days straight because I knew I would tolerate it and it added up right. I want to avoid doing that and keep trying new things. Next up? A veggie, and a fruit.

I actually am wanting to have a higher calorie day for mixing it up since I seem to end up between 580-660 calories day after day and I don't want to fall into starvation mode.

I did lose four pounds last week and this week has been a bit frustrating- for three days straight I have lost 0.2 pounds! Well- I wont really complain since if I lose .2 a day for ten days that will still be two pounds so I guess as long as it goes down! This also makes me thing upping the calories for a day or two might help but it is HARD to do! I wait 2-3 hours between "meals" and then with waiting after to drink...well fitting in an extra something is not that easy!

I am really proud that I am exercising twice most days- 45 minutes of walking and an hour of Water aerobics. That also can have caused the slowdown again if I am making muscles.

I need to remember it is a journey, not a race!

Now where is Michelle? We need to hear about her one month!

MMMMMM! I love Costco's chicken salad!! I wonder if I could eat it??? I think I might have to go get some this weekend and try it! YUMMY!!

Good job on the exercising Meggie! That is great. At this point, I am only allowed to walk. I have not seen my surgeon for my follow-up yet and don't until the 16th. At that point, he will release me to do other things I am sure.

Yeah, were is Michelle? I don't think I have read anything from her in the last day or so! I hope she is o.k.

I think tonight I will do leftover roast, gravy and potatoes. Then tomorrow try something different. It is so nice to FINALLY have variety!! :D :D :D

Hugs,

Kelly

Just remember to pull the celery out- those fibers are a no no for us. I had it again today and it is so good! Of course I pureed it but it is still very toothsome!

Yes I hope MIchelle is ok!

Wowee, congrats. I am just over a month out, about 6 weeks and feel pretty normal when it comes to eating. I love your hummus idea. I was never big fan, but have really come to like it over the past few months and thought I would miss it forever after surgery. I am glad to know it is still good to have and in such a good way. An egg that's such a great idea. Thanks. Way to go!!!