Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in the process of trying to get this danged lap band removed and converted to a sleeve. (Just waiting on my PCP to fax over some records so the dr's office can submit for insurance approval.) Worse comes to worse, the insurance will deny the revision, but I WILL have this stupid thing taken out of me!!! (Was banded in May, 2008.)

Like most of you, I have had nothing but heartache with this band. Constant heartburn, hyperemesis (LOTS of vomiting), sliming, hiccups, pain at the port site- just no slippage praise the Lord. (I can only imagine how much MORE that would hurt.) I REALLY wish I would have listened to my surgeon when he tried to shy me away from having the band done. He even went as far to ask me if it was OK to say "told you so" yet. LOL! (We also have a working relationship, so it was indeed in jest.)

Anyway, if I am approved, I'll be having it done the last FULL week of August, on my break from nursing school. (It's only a week long break, MAN i hope I heal just as quickly as I have with other surgeries.) The countdown is ON!!! YAY!!!! (I have GREAT insurance, so I am fairly confident that they'll approve the surgery.)

I look forward to getting to know everyone! :D

I really hope you get your approval. The sleeve is so superior to the band, and it's really great to not have all the band issues. Fingers crossed and keep us posted ! ! !

My mother also got her lap band in May of 2008 and she got it removed in March and will be getting sleeved the first of September. She feels so much better getting it out, but the weight is already creeping back on. She is unsure if her insurance will pay for the sleeve, but hopefully they will since the band failed her miserably. Her stomach herniated up above the band. Her Dr. said he had never had to remove a band before. I find that hard to believe, but even if it's true it's not that no one else had problems and got it removed, they just had problems and the Dr. fixed it or put in a new band. I have yet to find one person who did not have complaints about the band. She's getting sleeved whether or not her insurance pays. If they don't she's just going to go to Dr. Aceves like I did. She was that impressed with him, his work and his staff.

Good luck to you and I hope you have a quick recovery for school.smile.gif