Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved May 31st and Feeling Great

Hello Everyone!

I finally am on the losers bench. I was sleeved Tuesday May 31, 2011 at Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah Wisconsin. My lead surgeon was Dr. Raymond Georgeon but they also have a second surgeon in the OR and Dr. Kevin Wasco was the second surgeon. I am feeling absolutely great! I am only 25 years old and I think I have my youth on my side. The second day was the worst and since then I have felt great!

I was up doing several laps around the 6 floor the day of surgery and have been walking and sipping since. You can follow my journey on YouTube:

Clear liquids yesterday. I do sip all day long and get about 8 ounces in an hour. This was my very first hospital experience and I have to say I am so thankful everything went so well.

My bougie was a size 40 so that scares me a little bit that it might be too big. My swelling has gone down and I don't feel much pain or discomfort anymore. Dr. Wasco told me they like to use a bougie larger then a 32 because there is less swelling and complications. Maybe that is why I'm doing so well. Hopefully once I start mushies I can start feeling restriction because at this point I don't feel anything. Dr. Wasco also told me that a 40 is not much larger then a 32 and I shouldn't worry because it will work. I guess I just still have that fear that this will be another failed attempt at weight loss. Only time will tell. I just feel like I'm doing to well at this point which scares me that its not going to work. Once again only time will tell.

Thank you all for your support. I am really on top of things on my YouTube so if you feel like following my journey please subscribe to my page.

Thank you!

Congrats!!! Don't worry about the bougie size, you can't tell that much difference between them and it will not make a difference on your weightloss. Also we don't feel the restriction as much with liquids, so you will be able to feel more in the mushy and solid food stages. We all have these same worries and fears, but you're gonna do great!!

:hippie:

Hi Kara,

Congrats and welcome to the losers' bench! My Dr. also uses a #40 and at 2.5 weeks out, I can definitely feel the restriction. I am managing 3 oz. of soft Protein at lunch and dinner and 1/2 cup of greek yogurt in the morning.

I'm so glad you are doing well and I'm happy for you that you made this decision and had this operation available while you are younger and have more of your life to enjoy. I've been obese sine the mid-90s and my only regret is that this operation wasn't available to me sooner.

Lynda

Hi! Congratulations! I am also from WI, you don't live too far from me!

Don't worry about the size, you will do just fine. There really isn't much difference between sizes anyway. Keep us updated on your progress.

Hi! Congratulations! I am also from WI, you don't live too far from me!

Don't worry about the size, you will do just fine. There really isn't much difference between sizes anyway. Keep us updated on your progress.

Where in WI are you from? Wow... looks like you had your surgery just 1 week before me. How are you feeling?

I'll send you a pm.

Congratulations Kara! I am almost 6 weeks out and where as I do feel the restriction if I over do it, I am able to eat more than most people ... I think lol. Either way, I have had no issues since the hospital and am feeling great. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Congratulations Kara! I am almost 6 weeks out and where as I do feel the restriction if I over do it, I am able to eat more than most people ... I think lol. Either way, I have had no issues since the hospital and am feeling great. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Thank you. I'm feeling really well. I'm quite surprised how well I'm doing.

I was sleeved also May 31st and wish I felt great. I think I'm missing food too much and my stomach is producing too much acid. I was on the Clear Liquids but felt hungry as hell. The hunger pain is very discouraging because I thought I wouldnt feel that since that was supposed to be removed. So today I blended some noodles an chicken and ate 1/4 cup and felt like I ate a watermelon! For me now my problems is my stomach feels so much pressure and I wish it would go away soon. I've been feeling some regrets but I've lost 7lbs so far so I need to stay encouraged. I have a question for you if you dont mind answering. Have you had a bowel movement yet? If so, is it solid or runny? I'm asking because before I was discharged I had a terrible BM and every since it has been runny. Also I'm having some bleeding but a lot of women have said they experienced the same thing. Have you? I'm not completely happy yet but looking forward to it. I'm walking now but my wounds still hurt. good luck and please keep us inform on your progress. Thanks

liquid in, liquid out lol. My first BM was on Friday. It has been pure diaherra. Several times a day. And yes my a-hole hurts and burns. I will talk to my NP tomorrow about maybe taking some imodium soon. I should be switching to purees shortly so it should get better. Each day I have been going less and less.

Hey Kara! Seems like I can't help but give you support everywhere ;-P

You should also chck out a thread I started in Post Op (which is where you belong now!) comparing people who do pre-op diets and those who do not. I don't want you to be upset if you lose a bit slowly at first, or hit a semi stall sooner- For example, I lost 18 pounds on my two week pre-op, so then lost 12 my first two weeks after and NOTHING for a week starting at two weeks, rather than the oft mentioned three weeks. However, I started losing again this week- am close to 5 pounds lost this week.

Just remember everyone is different and everyone is normal! I have great faith you will be a stellar sleeve girl because you faithfully follow the diets you elect to do. This diet will be different- because it is the last one, the one that will work like no other, and the one that leaves you with a tool to keep it off.

Are you drinking your Protein drinks yet? xoxo