Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCOS and intermittent bleeding!

Hello,

I am 37yrs old and have had PCOS since I was 13yrs. I have ALL the horrible symptoms, Hair growth,

belly fat, ovarian cysts, and have never had a "regular" period in my entire life.

Well I was 265lbs before I got sleeved March 15th of this year and hadn't had a period for at least 6 months (which is not unusual, I have skipped a whole year before).

Now it's June 2nd and I have lost 56lbs so far (yay) but at the beginning of April I started bleeding almost every OTHER day. Or I would bleed for a day then skip a few days, bleed another day, skip 2 days, bleed a day, skip 4 days, etc.etc.

What I want to know is WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?? It's like my body can't make up it's mind!

I think I liked it better when I did skip months at a time! I never know when I'm gonna go through pants or underclothes, at anytime, anywhere! Very frustrating but also worrisome.

Is there anyone else out there dealing with this ordeal? And if so, do you know WHY it's happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

UGh!! that must frustrating. You might want to make an appointment with your general practice dr but I would say that your body is just trying to figure things out right now. I also have pcos and have experienced many changes since surgery. I too would skip for months and since surgery (6 months now) I have been dead on every month. My periods have been much heavier than before too. And I will have 3 days of heavy, then nothing for a day or two then a few days of light bleeding. When you are burning that excess fat that is stored your body releases estrogen too (it is in the fat stored). So you body is just trying to deal with the extra hormones. If it is bothersome for much longer go see your doctor. Good luck to you. Hope you get some answers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Most popular:

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Jobber

Tomorrow is surgery day...  I'm not sure if I'm nervous, anxious, excited or a little bit of all three.  I honestly thought I would be freaking out at this point, but I'm much calmer than that.  I suppose the last 7 months of preparation both physically and mentally has brought me some peace.  I say this now, but when I try to sleep tonight, that may be a different story.  
      I appreciate everything I've read on this forum that has helped me to prepare as much as possible.  I know this part of my journey may not be the same as someone else's, but having a good frame of reference helps a ton. 
      The most exciting and most difficult part of the journey begins tomorrow...
      · 2 replies
      1. GreenTealael

💜 CONGRATULATIONS 💜

2. Jobber

Thanks GT! Can't Wait!!!

• Healthy_life2

it took me a long time to grow my hair back after all the surgery hair loss. Hairdresser screwed up my Hair, Now It’s way too short and I just want to cry. It will grow back. But damn. I'm in a pitty party.

· 2 replies
      1. GreenTealael

Oh no! That's the worst...

I'm so sorry 💜

download (1).jpeg

2. Orchids&Dragons

I'm so sorry. It takes so long to grow it back (hug)

• Uniballer420

Just had my first doctor's appointment about the surgery. I  qualify and am just starting 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • WeGettingThere

Hey ya'll. SO. I got down to 199 for the weigh in but gained it all back right after. I have to do another month of weight management. They switched out the nutritionists at the last second and she said she doesn't pass anyone unless they have 5 veggies a week. I'm starting metformin and Farxiga today. Doc found a little bit of blood in my urine but wasn't too concerned. I'm trying not to freak myself out either. Depression is a little more intense than usual. I'm all over the damn place. 
      · 0 replies
    • Jen M

3/19 - It wasn't a bad day I stayed up quite a bit much of the day. Have to focus on walking more before it gets too hot to walk outside at all.   Pain was less, but insomnia has kicked in the last two nights
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs