Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being Sleeved on the 10th June and very nervous

Kermit...Thanks for your story and i to have come to the conclusion that this is right for me, i just want it "NOW"

Im sorry you had such a rubish time before your surgery what with your comorbs but that is just fantatstic that many of these things are resolving themselves in this short space of time...the world is now your oyster :)

Im not overly worried about the surgery at this stage its just learning to change my life and loosing my best friend (food) because it wont be able to be my comfort anymore. ..which i no is a good thing!!

I do worry about things like what if i feel sick or have heartburn for the rest of my life, or my hair falls out etc etc or im that percentage that dies and ii leave my daughter but i guess everyone worries :(

x x

Hey, I still love food!

Even now at my "baby food" stage. Quantities are different and size of my food intake is dramatically smaller, of course.

So far I don't feel hunger. It doesn't bother me watching others eat, too.

hair?

I'm going to watch my Protein intake, which seems to be the key to this problem.

Heartburn?

I was given by my surgeon an antacid meds. So far so good.....

Leaving my family alone?

I put my trust in the hands of my surgeon. Before you think that was a bit naive of me, I researched him on the Internet and asked around, too.

After all crossing a street is a risk, too.

Hey, I still love food!

Even now at my "baby food" stage. Quantities are different and size of my food intake is dramatically smaller, of course.

So far I don't feel hunger. It doesn't bother me watching others eat, too.

hair?

I'm going to watch my Protein intake, which seems to be the key to this problem.

Heartburn?

I was given by my surgeon an antacid meds. So far so good.....

Leaving my family alone?

I put my trust in the hands of my surgeon. Before you think that was a bit naive of me, I researched him on the Internet and asked around, too.

After all crossing a street is a risk, too.

Yeh your right I just get im a panic at times...do you ever feel nauseous? x x x

Yeh your right I just get im a panic at times...do you ever feel nauseous? x x x

Only on the second day post-op for about 24 hours. Mr Patel prescribed meds and it stopped.

I will be having mine done at LRI as well as i live in Leicestershire...i was refered back in 2010 and got as far as the sleep apnea appointement got scared and pulled out, as at that point i was considering the bypass or the band and nether thrilled me to be honest in fact they scared me to death :-( i have done so much research on the sleeve i think its best for me and im slowing starting to think it may be the answer to my life long weight problem.

How long was your wait ?

You have done so well :clap2:

Lucy

[/quote

Hey i paid for my op as i come from Suffolk and the waiting list was very long.... but still took a year as i had to sort out my sleep Apnea, i needed to be on my Cpap machine at least 3 months before i could have my op.. thats why the wait. I was pretty sure the sleeve was good for me too.. i know the band would not have helped me in the long term..

thanks i feel alot better, but have a way to go

Laila

I'm sorry to be an old fogey - I'm losing who's who and who's had what done in this thread! biggrin.gif Congratulations to us all!

Hi all

i'm a newbie on here and i'm so glad to find some people from the UK to chat with

My op is on 9 Aug at The Whittington Hospital in Archway, London. My surgeon is Dr Rahman, who i've not met as he is covering for my original surgeon Dr Sufi who is on leave.

I don't think i've done as well on the pre op diet as they would like but i suppose i'll find out on Tue! I don't think i'm really prepared for the post op diet phase either i figured i'd "wing it" and see what works for me.

How many of you had to go to the support group before getting the surgery and what did you think if you went? Are any of you continuing to go and give "pre sleevers" support? I think i might.....

I'll post when i can if they did me and how its all going. unsure.gif

Good luck to those yet to be sleeved and good job to those further along in the journey!

Hi all

i'm a newbie on here and i'm so glad to find some people from the UK to chat with

My op is on 9 Aug at The Whittington Hospital in Archway, London. My surgeon is Dr Rahman, who i've not met as he is covering for my original surgeon Dr Sufi who is on leave.

I don't think i've done as well on the pre op diet as they would like but i suppose i'll find out on Tue! I don't think i'm really prepared for the post op diet phase either i figured i'd "wing it" and see what works for me.

How many of you had to go to the support group before getting the surgery and what did you think if you went? Are any of you continuing to go and give "pre sleevers" support? I think i might.....

I'll post when i can if they did me and how its all going. unsure.gif

Good luck to those yet to be sleeved and good job to those further along in the journey!

Hello,

Good luck with your op!

Don't worry about your post op diet. General rule is: first 2 weeks Clear liquids, than on to mushes for 4 or more, depends how your new stomach is doing. There's lots of information on the forum. If you're a mum cast your memory to early days of your child, when milk diet was not enough any more. I had my surgery at King's in Denmark Hill on 16.07.11. We didn't have any classes to prepare us for things to come. One or two consultations with a surgeon and a long wait with no contact before your admission to the ward. Couldn't make any plans without knowing, even approximately, date of my big day. I had less than a week to ready myself for my Saturday event. Quite a shock after 6 months of silence! Most of my support and information came from people on this site and USA one. Let us know when you're back from hospital.

Hope you don't mind but I thought I would jump on board ...

I'm a year out now, and believe me it gets better and better... of course, I can eat a little more these days, but not a lot... My max is about 7oz, depending on the consistency of the food!

if you have any questions that you think I might be able to answer gice us a shout... I'm just over the border in sunny Wales...lol =]

Oh wow no preparation or support groups, I've been lucky then!

Thanks for the advice Kermit will definitely let you know how my trip to the hospital goes!

biggrin.gif

Hello,

Good luck with your op!

Don't worry about your post op diet. General rule is: first 2 weeks Clear Liquids, than on to mushes for 4 or more, depends how your new stomach is doing. There's lots of information on the forum. If you're a mum cast your memory to early days of your child, when milk diet was not enough any more. I had my surgery at King's in Denmark Hill on 16.07.11. We didn't have any classes to prepare us for things to come. One or two consultations with a surgeon and a long wait with no contact before your admission to the ward. Couldn't make any plans without knowing, even approximately, date of my big day. I had less than a week to ready myself for my Saturday event. Quite a shock after 6 months of silence! Most of my support and information came from people on this site and USA one. Let us know when you're back from hospital.

Thanks for chiming in Coops I welcome all responses

I'm looking forward to being post op and familiar with the things i can and cant eat. I'l deffo be back to you with questions i'm sure. Please keep in touch

I loved Wales as a child can't wait to visit again biggrin.gif

I'm a year out now, and believe me it gets better and better... of course, I can eat a little more these days, but not a lot... My max is about 7oz, depending on the consistency of the food!

if you have any questions that you think I might be able to answer gice us a shout... I'm just over the border in sunny Wales...lol =]

Hiya welcome on board intresting to know condone a year out. I'm 2 months out and Is getting easier, I can manage a weetabix now with a load if milk and goes down well. I'm hoping I'm not overeating. I do worry about that. As I don't want to stretch my sleeve. I have not vomited yet, been close to it though.

Hello,

9 weeks since surgery. 2 stones down, tops sizes from 28-30 down to 22-24, bottoms down to 20 in Next from Evans 22-24. Feeling great! Eating all types of food. My daily calories intake is 1000-1500 a day. 1500 only on weekends when I allow myself to have a little treat, 0.5 of chicken Kiev for example and few spoons of Pasta. Sometimes I'll have a small desert: tiny slice of cake, mi-am, mi-am...Energy levels going up - had a spell of 4 weeks feeling totally washed out, asked forum for an advice: more carbohydrates ( from USA sites ). It worked!

Piercing pain in my shoulders due to swallowing air when eating is almost gone. Comes back only when very tired. Started 2 weeks ago my Advanced Pilates classes, still the heaviest girl in the group, but who cares! Renewed my membership in a local gym and next week I'll put on my new set of sweats from Next and

will start pumping Iron. Don't want to loose muscles but fat only. Friends keep telling me how much I'm changing for better. Strange thing is my brain knows that my body is reshaping but emotionally I've problem in accepting this. My son lost in the last 2.5 years over 14 stone in weight, when I talked to him about it he said that when shopping today his first choice is always XXL not M. Looks to me like our emotions are the last to adapt. Weird!

Went eating out and have lots of fun! My husband tells me that I'm a very cheap date! Hm......I choose to see this as a compliment. After all I can just about to manage a starter and few bites from plates of others, for taste you understand. Life is good and is getting better!

I LOVE MY SLEEVE.

Hello' date='

9 weeks since surgery. 2 stones down, tops sizes from 28-30 down to 22-24, bottoms down to 20 in Next from Evans 22-24. Feeling great! Eating all types of food. My daily calories intake is 1000-1500 a day. 1500 only on weekends when I allow myself to have a little treat, 0.5 of chicken Kiev for example and few spoons of Pasta. Sometimes I'll have a small desert: tiny slice of cake, mi-am, mi-am...Energy levels going up - had a spell of 4 weeks feeling totally washed out, asked forum for an advice: more carbohydrates ( from USA sites ). It worked!

Piercing pain in my shoulders due to swallowing air when eating is almost gone. Comes back only when very tired. Started 2 weeks ago my Advanced Pilates classes, still the heaviest girl in the group, but who cares! Renewed my membership in a local gym and next week I'll put on my new set of sweats from Next and

will start pumping Iron. Don't want to loose muscles but fat only. Friends keep telling me how much I'm changing for better. Strange thing is my brain knows that my body is reshaping but emotionally I've problem in accepting this. My son lost in the last 2.5 years over 14 stone in weight, when I talked to him about it he said that when shopping today his first choice is always XXL not M. Looks to me like our emotions are the last to adapt. Weird!

Went eating out and have lots of fun! My husband tells me that I'm a very cheap date! Hm......I choose to see this as a compliment. After all I can just about to manage a starter and few bites from plates of others, for taste you understand. Life is good and is getting better!

I LOVE MY SLEEVE.[/quote']

Well done Kermit, I am trying to find out as much as I can and am loving been able to talk to UK sleevers.

I am having probs with the posting and replying, I am now using the app for my android tablet PC and cannot find out how to start a new thread and can only post if I click quote at which point my keyboard appears on screen, I cannot get back to forum help either, do you know how to do these things please, thank you, Janet . X