Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chewable Vitamin taste...

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if there is really a big difference in taste between Celebrate & Bariatric Advantage? My Doc's office pushes BA, but I got free samples of Celebrate and honestly, I thought I was gunna hurl! LOL!! Do the BA Vitamins taste any better? Just wondering!

Thanks.

Wendy

My Dr had me buy the BA brand from their office. The taste is not too bad - actually. One of the people in my group made a statement when we did taste test of the Protein shakes and Vitamins - he said, "I am so happy because this is my last chance to save my life - I wouldn't care if it all tasted like crap!" That really hit me hard. He wouldn't taste anything, he let the nurses pick for him. I really felt like a spoiled child because I kept fussing about the taste. His words still ring in my ears and I push through some of the not-so-tasty items LOL.

Good Luck Wendy! Maybe you can get a sample of both and test them because everyone is very different on here in respect to their taste buds :)

I have the BA orange multi. It is not too horrible. Kinda chalky more than anything. Not really orangey like you would think. I just chew really fast and take a drink of Water.

Kelly :D

I didn't like the dry chewables of any brand, but once I discovered gummies, I'm happy. I'll take any brand of gummy vitamins over chalky chewables any day! There are sugar free options that taste great.

I use the Centrum multi Vitamin with minerals...they are orange flavor.

Thanks for the feedback! I tried a different flavor today and it wasn't so bad! I believe it was the manderine orange one... I know I shouldn't be picky about the taste either, but you would think for the $$ they charge, they would be super yummy! LOL :D

The one that made me gag yesterday was supposed to be 'forest berry'... it tasted like the forest alright, exactly how I'd expect chalky dirt to taste!

Thanks again... I'll get there eventually I guess... only after I FINALLY get sleeved, my taste buds will completely change and I'll have to start all over again!

I'm not sure that it was taste but BA's made me vomit. I decided I'd just have to try and work with other types. Then I tried the Celebrate and they stay down. I don't know that it's so much taste but the BA's I had were the orange and I thought orange sort of enhanced the Vitamin taste. I bought grape Celebrate after getting a sample from them. The grape just goes down and stays down so I've found my Vitamin.< /p>

I think these are actually harder to find than a Protein drink but I'm very glad I found one I can stomach. I know that 400 calories a day is not going to keep me healthy without them, I don't care what my surgeon says. Now, as my stomach matures, I'm going to start adding a couple more to my menu. I know it might be creating expensive pee, but that's okay. I'd rather error on the side of caution where this is concerned. And hope they keep my hair from falling out!