Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! For those of you who are not telling your co-workers or boss exactly what type of surgery you are having, what are you telling your boss? I told two of my friends from work beyond the fam that knows and I am pretty sure they aren't going to say anything. One of them told me today to tell our boss something different because she spilled the Beans on another co-worker having Lap-band. Now I hope to only be out of work for two weeks no longer than three weeks. I work with a bunch of people who are always trying to be in other people's business. Just curious to know what others told their boss without saying WLS.

You dont have to tell your boss anything, if she asks you just say its personal and leave it at that, In todays health care world to discuss personal health information is agaisnt the law and people can get fired from discussing other peoples medical issues. Just tell her you are fine and its personal I told all my co workers that I am going on vacation that way im not questioned until I come back if anyone should find out......Good luck on your weight loss jouney

Hi! For those of you who are not telling your co-workers or boss exactly what type of surgery you are having, what are you telling your boss? I told two of my friends from work beyond the fam that knows and I am pretty sure they aren't going to say anything. One of them told me today to tell our boss something different because she spilled the Beans on another co-worker having Lap-band. Now I hope to only be out of work for two weeks no longer than three weeks. I work with a bunch of people who are always trying to be in other people's business. Just curious to know what others told their boss without saying WLS.

I told my boss I was going to be out for surgery. She asked if it was necessary and I replied yes. That's it, that's all she knows. It's none of their business.

Just say you are having surgery. If you make up a surgery like gall bladder and you do not have it out. Lets say 6 months out you need to have gall bladder surgery you will be pegged as a liar. I would say surgery and he/she asks for what just say its personal.

I agree with the above posters!! There are so many HIPPA laws that you do not have to tell them nothing. I didn't! I said I was having surgery and that was it! He didn't ask anything else because he knew he couldn't.

I love my boss and felt bad, but I didn't want anyone to know! It is my right not to tell!

Good luck to you!

Kelly :D

I told my boss I was going to be out for surgery. She asked if it was necessary and I replied yes. That's it, that's all she knows. It's none of their business.

If my surgery doesn't happen on my ideal date, I would tell my manager something like that if anything at all. There isn't much more anyone, with exception of my family, will know.

I thought about staying quiet before my surgery, but as it closer I just told everyone. I figured they would all put 2 and 2 together. Being gone, eating tiny bits of food and rapid weight loss. Now that they have seen the results I get all kinds of compliments and I have helped a few others explore wls and share my experience readily with them.