Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, have I contracted Sleeve-opause? My body certainly has changed.

1) I get weepy at the drop of a hat, a Hallmark commercial would un-do me.

2) I use to sweat A LOT, now I hardly sweat unless it is a cold sweat, & my skin feels cold or clammy to the touch esp. my face & neck area.

3) When I (Bow Chicka Bow Wow), I seem to reach the end very, very quickly, too quickly.

4) I get these weak moments, very brief but if feels like my ears are about to pop with a disconnected feeling, just for a second, but pretty often when moving around.

5) The climate use to always feels hot or warm, now I get cold easily.

Some of these are good things, obviously others are not. I am 14 days out of surgery, I heard about some of these changes like sweating and being cold. But I thought this would take effect AFTER I lost ALL my weight. Anyone have these 'changes' this soon?

2) I use to sweat A LOT, now I hardly sweat unless it is a cold sweat, & my skin feels cold or clammy to the touch esp. my face & neck area.

3) When I (Bow Chicka Bow Wow), I seem to reach the end very, very quickly, too quickly.

4) I get these weak moments, very brief but if feels like my ears are about to pop with a disconnected feeling, just for a second, but pretty often when moving around.

Some of these are good things, obviously others are not. I am 14 days out of surgery, I heard about some of these changes like sweating and being cold. But I thought this would take effect AFTER I lost ALL my weight. Anyone have these 'changes' this soon?

Hey Steven my You Tube friend!

Your fat cells are releasing estrogen and other hormones as they burn and it will have you all over the place emotionally in the weight loss period . I've heard people who have never been depressed may need a temporary anti depressant. I take one already and may need a temporary increase. You may cry every day- Crosswind described that in her wonderful day by day posts recently. I have been whining today, and may cry yet- I sure did yesterday.

I am also cold all the time and then I bundle up so then I get clammy sweaty from over bundling so I figure yep- part of the process. Usually I am hot - no more!

As for bow chicka bow wow- my poor husband is suffering for lack of that because my thumby is ruling as is my still tender incisions! As a woman, that happening faster could only improve things! ;-P

I am currently very weak all the time. I have had diarrhea every day so that could be why. SO I don't know what causes that.

I think you have to remember you had a major life altering surgery- not just mentally- physically! Give yourself time and I do think once the weight is off your emotions will level out. Meanwhile- drama queen city! ;-P

I am a little over 2.5 months post op and I still get super cold, even when it was 90 degrees outside.

I asked my doc couple weeks ago, he said it was normal with the surgery, it will take some time. meanwhile I am the only nut with a coat on outside, lol.

I don't sweat anymore, which sucks, it makes me feel as if I am not working out hard enough when I really am trying.

Bow Chicka Bow wow dept is as hormonal as a pregnant woman.. what the heck! I guess this is all part of it the surgery effects.

I am nearly five months out. I remember crying at insurance commercials, anything with little kids in it, and I still can't watch those ASPCA public service announcements, but it has gotten better over time. I sweat a little now, not like I used to, but at the gym there will be some damp spots on my shirt. Sex is fortunately the same for me. Sometimes I feel a little woozy but I think it is that my blood pressure is really low now, so standing up quickly makes me dizzy. No really "weak" moments. I am still freezing all the time and wear a fleece hoody pretty much everywhere. I am hoping that goes away, people will think I am really odd if I'm bundled up when it's 90 degrees here.

All in all, you are normal, for a sleever!

I was excited to read about everyone being 'cold' after surgery as I am the most hot-natured person on earth. For me, I went through the cold phase for the first couple weeks, but now I am almost back to normal. Or should I say back to being hot. It's not quite as bad as it was, thank goodness, but I was really hoping I would stay cool this summer for a change.biggrin.gif

Hi Steven, I always cry watching Halmark commercials so I can not blame the sleeve for that but have had all the others you mention. I am nine months out now still feel cold but now its more I no longer feel hot. The sweating could be from dehydration at least it was for me plus your body is in survival mode trying to heal from the surgery and getting use to the drastic drop in calories. The weak weird disconnect can be dehydration too. How much are you drinking? As for Bow Chicka Bow Wow well as you loose fat there is less padding around your nerve endings so you feel more all over.

oh my goodness!!! i am sweating and then freezing. it is crazy!! my poor husband sits with sweatshirts on cuz i have the ceiling fans twirling as fast as they will go!! LOL

then, the next minute, i have the heat on! he can't keep up. i wake up at night dripping wet like i have just stepped out of the shower! it is NASTY!!

i am sure it will get better with time, but for now, it is really on my nerves!!

kelly

Sleeve-o-pause, good one!

I also had the same symptoms (except the sex thing) for the first few weeks. I am back to normal emotionally. My internal thermostat still runs a little on the cold side compared to before surgery, but not nearly as cold as I was in those first few weeks. I would say I am more normal now - not too cold, not too hot.

I think the sex issue is more about your body being really depleted - your body probably does not have much interest in an extended session. Also, you may not have the capacity mentally to slow things down, you know what I mean? Your brain is also starved and you may not have the bandwidth to "talk it down", so to speak. After the first month goes by, most systems return to normal - no need to worry. I'm sure there are other things you can do to enhance your partner's experience ;-)

Lara

Your post humored me a lot...especially the bow-chick-a-bow-wow :D

Unless you are running a fever, you experience nausea, and vomiting, these sympoms are somewhat usual after major surgery. Take things in stride and you will get back to normal, with only one difference, you will be thinner!

Like other's said...some of these things are not bad at all.

All the best,

I am almost a year out, feel cold a lot more but the man parts work better and last longer than ever. Once your body weight goes down, there will be more testoreone per lb of you so you should see the estrogen levels become overtaken. I have also noticed i am a lot hairier on my legs arms and chest ( now i need to figure out how to make it work for my head) Also, stay away from soy based Protein and stick to whey based protein. Soy tends to elevate estrogen as well.

I live in NC so I'm hoping the cold thing lasts through out the summer. :) It would be a blessing!! I haven't had the cold sweats but did notice the emotional state I have been in, not just crying but short tempered. I feel like I'm saying sorry a lot. As for the other, well I'm looking forward to that LOL!!!

I am almost a year out, feel cold a lot more but the man parts work better and last longer than ever. Once your body weight goes down, there will be more testoreone per lb of you so you should see the estrogen levels become overtaken. I have also noticed i am a lot hairier on my legs arms and chest ( now i need to figure out how to make it work for my head) Also, stay away from soy based Protein and stick to whey based Protein. Soy tends to elevate estrogen as well.

The hair thing is a good thing to know! I am 41 and fairly smooth and can't grow much facial hair. I always say I am still waiting to hit puberty, LOL. But this is a plus, I can't wait, more hair!!