Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling really depressed!!! =*(

I am 5 weeks post op and feeling hungry all the time. I'm so confused, I'm not sure if its my head or my stomach. I'm not sure if my stomach is stretched out and I can eat more than others or what the heck it is!!!! Can anybody help me, is anybody having the same issues? How do you guys measure your meats and food in general. Thanks for any advise you can give me. Had my surgery on 4/8/11 @ 250Ibs. Today 5/12/11 @ 228Ibs. total 22 Ibs.

What are you currently eating? Do you know how many calories you are consuming?

22 pounds is fantastic weight loss in a little over a month!!! You're doing amazing! I haven't had surgery yet, but I do know what it feels like to want everything to happen all at once, give yourself time and maybe beef up your calories just a tad so that you don't feel hungry all the time.

Trin are you getting all the Protein and Water in that you need? Adding Vitamins like B12 at all? I agree with Cali in that you have lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. It's a really emotional time but it gets better I've heard. keep your chin up, you're doing amazingly well, YAY YOU!

XOXO Renee`

I am 5 weeks post op and feeling hungry all the time. I'm so confused, I'm not sure if its my head or my stomach. I'm not sure if my stomach is stretched out and I can eat more than others or what the heck it is!!!! Can anybody help me, is anybody having the same issues? How do you guys measure your meats and food in general. Thanks for any advise you can give me. Had my surgery on 4/8/11 @ 250Ibs. Today 5/12/11 @ 228Ibs. total 22 Ibs.

I use measuring cups and weigh the meats. I can eat 3/4 of an egg, 1/3 cup chicken or tuna salad, about 3 oz turkey, 2 oz. beef, 4oz seafood. I stop before I feel full. If you post a typical day's intake we can help you figure out what's going on. I seriously doubt that your stomach has stretched, but you can put away a lot of food if you are grazing all day.

B: Protein drink 160 calories 30 g Protein and a granola bar 90 calories

S: low fat cheese stick 60 calories

L: 4 oz cup of shepards pie 130 calories, half a string cheese 30 calories, 3 pc. of cutie tangerine

S: beef Jerky 120 calories

D: 1/5 tamale and Soup w/ meat. not sure on the calorie.

600-900 calories. not enough Water and good on protein. all Vitamins taken.

for some reason today was a really bad day. I usually don't eat this much but I felt hungry. so sad that i ate all this, is this going to be how it is? HELP PLZZZ!!!!

B: Protein drink 160 calories 30 g Protein and a granola bar 90 calories

S: low fat cheese stick 60 calories

L: 4 oz cup of shepards pie 130 calories, half a string cheese 30 calories, 3 pc. of cutie tangerine

S: beef Jerky 120 calories

D: 1/5 tamale and Soup w/ meat. not sure on the calorie.

600-900 calories. not enough Water and good on protein. all Vitamins taken.

for some reason today was a really bad day. I usually don't eat this much but I felt hungry. so sad that i ate all this, is this going to be how it is? HELP PLZZZ!!!!

Protein Drink is basically a Fluid and will go right through and not really give you much restriction. I would suggest try to eat 1 egg with some bacon or sausage. They are a bit more dense and will stay in your stomach longer. Plus you will feel the restriction. I would save the granola bar for a snack at a later time.

String cheese and beef jerky are awesome Snacks.

lunch you had shpards pie which is mashed potatoes (slider food) and ground beef in juices (not as dense of a protein but still a good protien). I think if your Breakfast is more substantial in the density of food you will be fine to have these foods for lunch.

dinner you are having a tamale I would assume that it is more of a slider food due to the ground masa. Personally I would stay away from most of the slider/higher carb foods until you are at maintenence. Soup with some meat sounds like the soup goes right through the stomach and how much meat is in the soup? Will it be dense enough to hold you all night till the morning?

Your stomach has not stretched. You have not had more dense foods that will give you the restriction you tummy needs. Also are you on a PPI? Sometimes the acid produced will mimic the sensation of hunger and you really are not.

If you are allowed more dense foods (meat) I would start to include them in every meal. Keep the carbs and slider foods to a minimum for now. And make sure you are getting in your Water. I have to say that when I upped my water intake for the day I saw a marked increase in my weekly weight loss. Now this does not mean substitute food for water. Its a fine balancing act to get in your water and also your protein.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Hi,

It does sound like you are eating some slider foods, which explain the extra volume. However, your calorie count looks exactly like what most of us eat at a month or 2 out. I eat sonewhere in the vicinity of 700 cals a day. My portions are smaller, but I eat almost all really dense Protein. The one thing I can eat more than 1/4 cup of is oatmeal, because it slides right through.

Sounds like you are doing just fine. 22 pounds in one month is fantastic!!

Is your hunger more of a rumbling sensation in the tummy or is it that you just want to eat all the time? The rumbling is usually acid. Mine is controlled with my daily Zegerid OTC. The urge to eat? I have that sometimes too - I compare it to having a bad case of the munchies :-) Honestly, if my brain/body is really wanting food, I feed it. I do my best to feed it something good like string cheese, yogurt, or a couple bites of chicken. In fact, I carry a couple slices of string cheese in my purse at all times for that purpose. After I have a few bites, I know I can't eat any more for at least an hour and a half.

Thanks for all your input, it is greatly appreciated. I will take your advises and try something different with more Protein. I gotta work on my Water. Its the hardest thing on my list. Good luck to you all and get slim!!!!

I had my surgery the same day as you---have lost 20 lbs. I am battling ZERO energy due to low bp at times. I think an egg does help at Breakfast and meat is very important. We sound VERY similar! Tomorrow when I get up, I'm going to try to have more Water than I can stand all day! Good luck to us!

Thanks for all your input, it is greatly appreciated. I will take your advises and try something different with more Protein. I gotta work on my water. Its the hardest thing on my list. Good luck to you all and get slim!!!!