Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cellulitis near incisions

I am 9 days out and just found out I have cellulitis on my stomach near one of my incisions. I got a shot today of meds and have to go back tomorrow for them to check up on it. I also have to get a sonogram of the area and they referred me to a general surgeon in my area since my surgery was done in Mexico. I am a little freaked out about this. I also have a great deal of pain in that area.

That sucks! But the antibiotics should help, especially if you got an injection. It should subside enough for the pain to go away in 2 days or so.

Thanks! I went back to the Dr. today and the area got larger, I was given another injection and oral antibiotics for 10 days. Off to see the surgeon this week to see if I have an abcess.

I was not sleeved yet, but..... I have had 16 abdominal surgeries.....hernia repairs/bowel obstructions, etc...with drains and all. I developed cellulities on my stomach that was so bad one time it looked like snakes, and day by day it got worse. I was on a high dose of antibiotics for 14 DAYS THE FIRST TIME , but The thing is.....TAKE MY ADVICE PLZ....NOT TO SCARE U OR ANYTHING ......KEEP ON TOP OF IT BECAUSE IF U HAVE PAIN (AS I DID), AND I WENT BACK AND FORTH TO THE SURGEON COMPLAINING.... HE TOLD ME IT'S OK, IT'S OK....NOT TO WORRY.....WELL ULTIMATELY, I MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE IMMEDIATELY AFTER, AND WHEN I SAW A SURGEON IN JERSEY HERE, I WAS TOLD 14 DAYS OF ANTIBIOTIC FOR THIS WASNT GOOD ENOUGH SO Fluid BUILT UP INSIDE AND EVENTUALLY IT HAD TO BE SURGICALLY DRAINED. LIKE I SAID.... NOT TO SCARE U OR ANYTHING, BUT IF U R IN PAIN....DO WHAT U HAVE TO .....TO GET THE SURGEON TO HEAR U ....CAUSE (IM NO DR NOR NURSE), BUT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH SOOOOOOO MANY SURGERIES WITH COMPLICATIONS AND INFECTIONS, AND I REMEMBER THE SITE GETTING BIGGER BY THE DAY!!! AND THE PAIN WAS CAUSE OF ALL THE FLUID INSIDE. THEN AGAIN, I DID HAVE LARGE POCKETS INSIDE, FROM PREVIOUS SURGERIES WHICH ALWAYS BUILT UP WITH FLUID (WHICH IM SURE IS NOT THE CASE IN UR CONDITION) , BUT STAY ON TOP OF IT ANYWAY, and dont wait till next wk if u see the site getting bigger, or ur still feeling pain. I waited sooo long, and just accepted what the surgeon told me (its ok, its ok, its ok) when it wasnt!!! then I had to take 800mg of one med and 125 of another for 6 months!!! then eventually wound up with MRSA!!!, AND NOW IM SICK AS A DOG. THIS IS NOT TYPICAL FOR EVERYONE. I DO HAVE EVERY AILMENT IN THE BOOK ALSO, WHICH MAKES THINGS BAD FOR ME. SO U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS, BUT MY POINT IS...JUST DONT WAIT....GO A.S.A.P IF U DONT FEEL RIGHT. HOPE U DONT MIND MY 2 CENTS, BUT I KNOW WHAT UR GOING THROUGH. I FEEL UR PAIN........................... :( FEEL BETTER :)

Thanks! I went back to the Dr. today and the area got larger, I was given another injection and oral antibiotics for 10 days. Off to see the surgeon this week to see if I have an abcess.