Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

One of my life savers when I had my gastric bypass (sld) and now after being banded is cottage cheese. Right now, I get the whipped kind which is similar in consistancy to yogurt but has 10-16G of portein per 1/2 cup. I would much rather get my Protein from real foods if possible. I enjoy miso soup(blended) and my local chinese restaurant has a bean curd with vegetable Soup (blended) it is wonderful. But just to let you know anything on the third day in a row for me is hard to take. I did have some thai coconut soup a couple of days ago and it was heavenly (ordered it mild). It is not creamy and probably did not have much nutritional value but I was happy. The yogurt I am having now is satifying much more than the soup, just the thickness on my tougue feels good. Also I got black bean soup and blended it this week and it was wonderful.

One thing I also do is track what I eat on Weight Watchers online, for me I can convince myself I am not eating what I think I am and it adds up. I have found for me that this makes me accountable and I have to look at the nutritional value of the foods I am eating. For instance I was going to buy soup and thought the Tomato and Basil Bisque would be great but then I looked at the fat content and it had 11G per servings, 1 protein, 1G Fiber and 820 sodium. I am not even close to my points quotient for the days (before and after surgery) but I know that I don't what to eat anything that does not give me anything my body needs.

I was banded on August 3rd and so far I've had a small piece of pepperoni pizza with no problem. Spaghetti was no problem. mac and cheese was no problem. Pork fried rice was no problem. A club sub sandwich with the bread was no problem. I've had NO problem with eating anything so far. I just eat a very small amount and chew it until it's mush and swallow. very small bites so I'm not swallowing a big bunch at once.

Bandster45--Thanks for all the good ideas on the meat recipes. I am still in the liquid stage before my surgery on Friday--so my mouth is watering even thinking about BABY food! :phanvan lol

Chrissie--I'm so glad I finally found someone who is going to be at Dr. Ortiz's even around the same time as me!!! I fly in late Thurs. night, and have my pre-ops and surgery all on Friday!! I hope to see you there--good luck with the surgery tomorrow--I'll say a prayer for you--and toast you with my SlimFast!:scalesno:

Hope everyone who has been banded are doing well--and for those of us yet to join band-land--wish us luck!

I just came from my 2 week post op visit, and I've lost 15 pounds from my pre-op visit. (My scale at home shows me a little lower, but I always gain a bit in the course of the day.) I'm still not feeling it in my clothes, but it has to come sometime.

I started into pureed foods on Monday, and I feel a lot better because I'm getting a good dose of Protein. The dietician told me I should be eating almost nothing but protein (B-O-R-I-N-G!) but I'm losing weight and feeling great, so I'll comply. What more can I ask for???

Is everyone being instructed to have this heavy emphasis on protein?

yup, protien first, veggie next, carbs last.

Oh and dont forget, slimfast is NOT the only protien drink out there. THANK GOD in my opinion, I think slimfast is the devil. :)

I drink EAS Carb control drinks. I can find them at my grocery store and at Wal Mart and Target. The Rich dark chocolate is my favorite. They also have a caramel coffee flavor that I am addicted to and bought 2 cases off of the EAS site.(www.eas.com) :)

I am so glad that we have this thread for August banders!! I have the hiccups all the time--and it hurts!! Not really sure why?? What all can you all eat on the mushies stage?? Right now I can only have mashed potatoes and eggs. It's getting very boring--need someth new!!

I've eaten fish, Pasta and tonight I had beef stroganoff (more noodles than meat). Haven't tried any meat or salad yet....

My surgery date was August 18th 2006. I feel pretty good. I am back at work now. I am 5'10, 335 lbs, BMI 42.3. So I am excited to have others that are being banded around the same time as I was. I am still in the liquid stage and having a hard time with the powdered Protein. Is there any ready made drinks that taste half way ok. What about Slim Fast?

Hello everyone!! My band date is Monday Aug. 28th in Melbourne, Florida. I'm pyched and nervous, but I'm so ready to get on with a healthier life. I too am a sugar junkie, drink wine almost every night and I smoke...

I am wondering how the heck I'm going to beat all this and be a good girl too, lol!! I've cut my smoking down to 1/2 pack a day, try not to drink toooooooo much and was never told I had to lose weight prior to surgery. It amazes me that doctors expect us to lose weight in 2 weeks on our own, if it were that easy, we'd all be skinny and wouldn't need surgery. I feel sorry for all of you and thank God I wasn't put on a pre-op diet. However, I was told to have liquids all day with only one main meal two days before (which will start Fri.) then on Sunday I'm on liquids all day till midnight. I hope I don't starve to death, lol. Thanks to all of you who reccomended the Isopure drinks, it tastes great and is loaded with Protein (40 gms per bottle) which we all need.

Wish me and all the others soon to be banded good luck. I pray for us all

HI everyone, I'm sitting here at the hotel Lucerna!! it is very nice. I flew in today and will have surgery tomorrow A.M. since my flight came in @3:00 my pre-op will be done first. So here's my problem...Im not nervous or scared about the actual procedure, but to be honest I have not stuck to a liquid pre-diet. I have such guilt right now and last night had a dream that they turned me away because I could'nt follow directions. Any other week I think it would have been hard but not impossible--but Im RAGEINGLY PMSing right now and it really was just about impossible for me.I feel like I've already failed.This is really embaressing to even admit.Has anyone else been "unfaithful"? I just hope they don't turn me away at the door tomorrow.....AND TRIZZY...I 'll be looking for you!! I won't leave untill I find you and say hello! Thanks for listening you guys!

Chrissie--don't worry!! I'm sure they will take you! I personally have been VERY VERY good, until tonight!:nervous I had ONE bit of biscuit and ONE bite of stew. I know it isn't very much---but it just smelled SOOOOO good! I'm sure Dr. Ortiz is aware of our eating problems--our lack of will power---that's why we are here!:faint: I can't wait to meet you--and I'm glad to hear the hotel is nice. Are you there with your hubby or anyone else? My hubby will be there--just look for a tall, good looking man with a short, fat, wife! lol

See you soon and best wishes!!!!!!

hahaha...I was going to add to the bottom of my post for YOU to look for the short,fat blonde!!! lol!! yeah my hubs is with me. He's been very supportive, its my own guilt thats killing me right now. I want this so bad..how could I have been so stupid and possible mess up this chance?!!

Seriously, its like Im possesed by 'food demons' they talk-no sream at me to pull thru drive-thrus and they don't take no for an answer. I cant shake them, untill I give in to the craving aqnd then (like now) I have guilt so bad! What the hell is wrong with me?? why Im I so oppsessed with food? and if I cant follow thepre-op directions how in the world am I ever going to handle my life post-op?

Chrissie no need to beat yourself up! I think everybody feels this way. If we could just diet and say no to everything we wouldn't need to band right? After surgery you'll have some swelling and that should keep your hunger away, right? And you'll have the extra motivation of actuallu HAVING a band -- not just waiting for a band with an empty stomach. You're gonna rock!! No worries!

Chrissie, I Wasn't Told To Do A Pre Op Diet So I Didn't. I Just Watched It A Few Days Before Surgery And Fasted The Day Of Pre Op

You'll Be Fine, Relax And Enjoy Yourself!!!

HI everyone, I'm sitting here at the hotel Lucerna!! it is very nice. I flew in today and will have surgery tomorrow A.M. since my flight came in @3:00 my pre-op will be done first. So here's my problem...Im not nervous or scared about the actual procedure, but to be honest I have not stuck to a liquid pre-diet. I have such guilt right now and last night had a dream that they turned me away because I could'nt follow directions. Any other week I think it would have been hard but not impossible--but Im RAGEINGLY PMSing right now and it really was just about impossible for me.I feel like I've already failed.This is really embaressing to even admit.Has anyone else been "unfaithful"? I just hope they don't turn me away at the door tomorrow.....AND TRIZZY...I 'll be looking for you!! I won't leave untill I find you and say hello! Thanks for listening you guys!

Your only problem will be if you were given an amount of weight to lose. If you're BMI is too high and you didn't lose weight Dr Ortiz may make you wait to have surgery or it could turn into an open procedure. I was banded on 8/16 by Dr Ortiz and not all of us had to do liquids. It's hard to stick to the liquids, and you're on them for 3 weeks post-op. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.