Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Bandster16,

I'm so sorry for your complication but I'm beyond proud of you for the positive attitude. You're an inspiration!

I was banded on the 3rd and I'm back to my office job today. I'm here right now *shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell* and I'm feeling pretty good. I did feel very weak when I got out of my shower this morning. Had to sit down for a bit before I got dressed. Right now I'm on break and sipping on my skim milk for protien.

I took tylenol this morning just because I knew I'd be moving around a lot at work but other then that I've only taken the liquid loritab 3 times... all three right before bed. I'm very thankful I did this.

If anybody has questions, feel free to ask away.

First, to Bandster16, I'm sorry to hear about your complications, but I am glad you stuck with it -- you won't regret it.

Josette and all - I, too am back at my office job today. I certainly couldn't run a marathon (or even to the bathroom if needed), but I do feel well enough to sit at my desk. I even went out to "lunch" with some friends that I see only once per year. I had tea while they ate. Today was my first day to have any caffeine since surgery and though I haven't had that much, it sure has helped with the Constipation problem I was having (sorry if that's TMI but nothing really phases me after having 4 kids!).

Anyway, I'm still confused a bit about whether or not I have any restriction and how much I "should" be eating, but I'm just letting my body tell me. Even though Dr. Spivak's diet allows you to move to mushies within 48 hours, I am sticking to a (mostly) liquid diet for as long as I can. It seems that it would be easier on the digestive system during healing and as long as I'm not hungry, I figure I'll stick with it.

I plan to go home a little early today and take it easy tonight, but overall, I'm pleased at my progress and healing so far.

I look forward to hearing about more August bandster's experiences and I've also been perusing the July and June threads for info, too.

Well, back to work.

J-

Well, heeere we go...leaving tomorrow am for TJ for banding. Made it through the pre-diet with flying colors. Packing now and trying to keep too busy to be nervous.

You bandsters rock! I am 3 days postop and wouldn't go back to work. My port area and abs are extremely sore. I still need help getting out of bed and off the couch. I'm only taking percocet at bedtime now. I get up to walk around frequently and went out for a drive with my hubby. I'm on liquids only for a week. Unjury for me. all the rest are gross. I hope this pain goes away soon. I could use some good hot creamy Soup.< /p>

Thank you for all of your posts. I think they are all great, especially the ones that you think you are giving TMI. It's that information that the doctors don't give you details about so it's nice to hear what to expect.

I'm getting very nervous!!!

Today is day 4. I def couldn't go back to work even though I am at a desk. Right now I have my trusy pillow folded over and pressed between the desk and my tummy/chest. Not exactly pain except when getting up from laying down, that can hurt. That left side is a hummer. When I am sitting I have to kind of stretch out the kinks to stand. I've showered and it felt great. No dizziness. Just still sleepy and tired. Still more comfortable to walk around with the pillow pressed on me. No problems with gas or going to the bathroom. I started creamy Soups, CIB, popsicles today. Very good. My stomach feels full but I have a lot of head hunger. I just want to chew something like the bread sitting on my kitchen table. I have 2 weeks of full liquids then on to mushies. I would like to go back to work by Thursday but we'll see. I am black and blue in areas too.

Good luck and lots love to those being banded this week YouGo!

Today I went to work successfully and didn't have any major problems. I also am getting head hunger though. On the way home I kept thinking about homemade taco's. HAHA. Then I ate 3 oz of yogurt very slowly and didn't even want to think about food at all after that. I love my band! At lunch today I ate a half cup of Soup over 30 min and felt like bursting. You'll all be very surprised once you get your band and realize that it truely does make you feel full on such small amounts of food!

Wow to those of you back to work!!! I'm impressed, good for you!!!:clap2:

I just got my medical clearance from my doctor today so the ball is rolling along.

Does anyone here have hypothyroid? I do and my doctor is going to be testing my blood every other month to see if my medication needs adjusting as I lose weight.

What a trip it would be if my hypothyroid went away with the pounds!!! :)

New to this forum, got banded last Wens night at Brigham & Women's hospital in Boston. I'm trying to figure out how much I should push myself, how much walking, and if the incisions begin to hurt, should I stop? I haven't lost any weight yet, but I understand that I was pumped full of fluids, and that may be that case. Anyway - any help would be welcome for those of you who have been through it. PS - what about the gas??

thanks

Caroline

welcome to the group Caroline! I just walk until I'm feeling pretty tired. I had to hold on to my stomach today because it was sore when I walked.

My gas is pretty much gone now.

Hi guys,

I have a few hours until I am banded. I think I am a little bit scared.:) Please keep me and the other 8/7/06 bandsters in your prayers. I should try to sleep now. I must get up at 4:00 AM!:notagree I will post as soon as I feel up to it.

I'm getting a little antsy about this, but from what everyone has said that is pretty normal. I'm very tired of the liquid diet, even though I'm not hungry, I'm not satisfied. I've lived on tortilla Soup and chicken broth, boost and slim fast.

Does everyone have the shoulder pain? I really don't understand why the shoulder pain. I will be staying overnight in the hospital and come home on Friday. Hoping to go back to work on Monday, but we'll see.

Glad to see that most everyone is doing good and I know that in 2 months we will hopefully look back and say "why didn't we do this sooner".

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.... Surgery 8/10 @ 7:15 - Medical City Dallas.

Smiles to everyone,

No! You don't have to. I thought you had to also when I first started.

Go back to the ticker website (from the same computer you set it up on), click weight loss and then either 1) continue to hit next until you get to the "numbers" page or 2) the "numbers" page might automatically pop up once you enter the weight loss section.

I'm not at my home computer so I can't visually see the page so I am doing this from memory.

If this doesn't work let me know and I will get back with you later this evening.

How do I put the ticker in?

thanks

Caroline