Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where do you want to be with your weight loss 1 year from now?

I hope to be at goal and maintaing! I have lost a significat amount pre-op, so don't have a really large amount to lose to get there!!

Best of luck to you all!!

Kelly ;)

That will make me 27 months post-op!

I want to be within my "bounce" pounds of 125 - 128.

I don't know if this is an impossible goal, but I should have surgery in June. I'd like to lose from 212 to 131 by then (for a normal BMI). This might be an impossible goal, but I'm just basing this on previous weight losses and regains. Just reaching below 200 and staying there would be an accomplishment for me.

you'd be surprised what you can accomplish when you don't realize it's impossible. LOL!

succeed or fail, it's a good goal to have.

hopefully at goal...i think it's attainable.

Hi,

Congratulations to you. Looks like you just got started. I think it is very reasonable to be at your goal, and you might surprise yourself and be below your goal. I am here if you have any questions along your journey.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I want to be happy in one year!

I feel there are way too many unknown factors for me to fully control my weight loss, so my goal is to be happy with my life with whatever I have lost.

I am exactly 6 months out today, and I am also exactly half way there, so I know goal will not be a feasible weight, but goal weight is just a number on a piece of paper right now.

I did a test 5k run on Saturday to prepare for my real 5k run in two weeks...I'll do a 4 mile fun run on Thursday...things like that are my goals right now :-)

Hi Susanne,

Another Suzanne only spelled a little different. I think you have a great attitude--it is only a number and you are so correct there. And to be running is fabulous. I walk a lot. I have a shirt from Nike that says "Running Sucks." LOL. I am proud of you for running, but it is something that when I see a runner smiling and enjoying it then I would consider running, until then I will walk everyday.

Everyone has a form of exercise that works for them, and for me it has been walking. I think that you will be at your goal weight without a doubt. Keep doing what you are doing. It is working! I also think after a year you will have figured out how to control your goal weight--pretty simple calories in calories out. If you gain you will bump up the exercise or eat less calories.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I love this thread! I am around 350 now and hope to get sleeved next month (though it will probably be near the end of the month). :( At any rate, my step sister is getting married in October so I'd like to be below 300 by then. I would LOVE to be at or below 250 by the end of the year (I want a bike for Christmas but swore I wouldn't torture one with a butt that weighed over 250!) but that's pushing it quite a bit. So by May of next year Onederland would be my ultimate goal but I think that might be a pretty big stretch. However, when I set my mind to something I even surprise myself. So yeah, my official goal is to be below 200 pounds in one year. It'll be interesting to revisit these at that time!

Hey,

You go girl !!!!!!! :D Anything is possible if you want it bad enough and you have the right attitude and drive to make it happen. I will be excited following your progress.

Since I have been down this road ahead of you, please feel free to send me a note with any questions that you might have. :cheer2: I love they way you dream about being where you want to be. It can happen and it isn't unreasonable.

Sometimes just visualizing yourself at that weight really does help :happy: . I also learned that looking at others before and after pictures really motivated me a LOT.

Stay in touch and Hugs,:cheer2:

Suzanne

I simply want to be done losing weight in 1 year. I have about 120lbs to lose.

I want to be firmly where I need to be in 1 year.

Hi,

I think you can do just that. It is something that you should be able to achieve. Keep that great attitude.

Suzanne

That will make me 27 months post-op!

I want to be within my "bounce" pounds of 125 - 128.

Hi

I loved what you said when you said the sleeve saved your life and it could save someone else's life too.:rolleyes: That is part of us being willing to talk about our WLS and telling others who ask us how we did it.

So many people are embarrassed to say they have had WLS. NOT me, I am all about educating others. I get it if they are uncomfortable talking about it. But if we can talk about WLS it may make a difference in someones quality of life.

Congratulations on ALL your accomplishments. You have done GREAT.

Hugs,

Suzanne