Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red Velvet Gang- How's the Pre-Op Going?

Well my 5 weeks of shakes and chicken ends today......the next two days are Clear Liquids for me and Tuesday is my day, May 3rd!! Started my two week work vacation and I am a whole mix of emotions from worried, scared to excited for what's to come.

I think I have everything I need for at least my first two weeks home. I have lost a total of 17 pounds on the pre-op diet. Not as much as I had hoped for 5 weeks. Hopefully the doctor is okay with it. Had my pre-op appt at the hospital last Wednesday and met with the anesthesiologist. I am praying they can get the breathing tube in while I am asleep. Because of my sleep apnea he said that sometimes they can't get the tube in and will have to wake a person up to do it, that will totally suck.

I like the name you picked, I am a fan of Red Velvet cake although I haven't had it in quite some time.

Good Luck to everyone, I look forward to posting my hospital experience once I am able and reading about everyone else's.

Wow- you are getting close! I can't believe they are making you do TWO days of clears before on top of the five weeks of diet- one day of clears seems about right to me- I have done that for a colonscopy- but two? Blessings with you!

I think the thing I keep thinking is all this diet followed by major surgery and then weeks of recovery and not real food until - for me- about six weeks if everything goes well. Sigh. However, at least we will have tiny tummies and eventually no hunger hormone.

God good luck and I will think about you on Tuesday!

Good Morning Gang,

Well I woke this morning a bundle of nerves. I think I am going to take a ride to the beach to relax me. I was okay, I do not know what happen. I went to Walmart yesterday and got all my goodies for the days after the surgery. I do not what to I am nervous wreck. On top of that I have an interview on Tuesday for a job I have been waiting for 2 years. Do you think my job had better timing the day before my surgery. But on the other hand I thought, it could also be an omen, I start my new life on May the 4 and maybe that includes a new job. Keep your fingers cross :rolleyes: . Well let me take that ride before I go crazy with hungry.

Connie

I will pray hard for you to get your job first and then that you sail through your surgery easily and effortlessly. This truly will be a new beginning for you!

Hi all, my sleeve date is Friday the 6th. I am excited, nervous, obsessed, impatient......etc etc. I just keep reminding myself that what I have been doing has not worked, so I have to move forward. I am most afraid that it won't work for me, or I won't lose as much weight as everybody here or that I will still be hungry all time (like I am now on the pre op diet.).

I just hope we are not this hungry after- seems like that really does go away , especially after the hunger hormone goes away! Easily and effortlessly- that is also my hope for you!

Start my 24 hour clears only. I cannot believe I am going to say this but I will really miss my Protein shakes today. And nerves are starting to show up. This time tomorrow I will be in the holding room getting ready for my new start. When I started this process I guess I never fully believed it would really happen.

Good Morning Gang,

Thank you for the support, Good luck tomorrow, I will be praying for you. I cant believe I am two days away. My husband has been so great. We had the discussion last night am I doing the right thing. He is positive. Bless him. Of course he will be doing this process in June or July depending on the insurance. I know I am doing the right thing. The only he did say to me that makes sense is in six months you will forget the hospital stuff because of you new life and bright new future. Well let get some stuff done around the house. I have to work for the next two days and I have so much I need to do. I will catch you guys later. Again thank you for the all support. I am still a bundle of nerves.

Best,

Connie

Yay Connie- you are almost there! I think I need to do a list of our dates ;-P SO my aging brain knows who needs to be in my healing easy effortless thoughts and prayers! Can't wait to hear how you all do.

I am on Day 6 of my liquid diet. I am to have 5 Slim-Fast high Protein Shakes or Meal Replacement bars. I can also have one meal a day consisting of 5oz lean Protein and two cups of non-starchy vegetables. I have lost 8lbs since I started and hope to lose another 7 to make 15 gone forever before surgery. I have added a scoop of Protein Powder to two shakes a day and a half teaspoon of Peanut Butter as my lone serving of fat. I am only drinking 3-4 shakes a day so I can stay within my calorie limit. And I have split up my protein and veggie allotment so I can have two small meals a day. This makes me feel human! I have also been eating my meals on tiny plates and it totally works. It looks like a huge amount of food and tricks my brain!

I have noticed that my colon is on lockdown, and this is completely abnormal for me, so I am picking up some Miralax today. My energy level is very low and I can sleep long and hard whereas before I had trouble sleeping.

My husband and kids brought home an early Mother's Day present on Friday for me: a Magic Bullet Blender!! I have been oogling one for a while and now its mine! It really is amazingly easy.

I am so looking forward to my surgery on May 10th. I go to Dallas this Tuesday for my pre-op testing and admission. I am about 2 1/2 hrs away from Dallas, so I had to get the day off. My time off from work has been approved and I won't be missing any money (which is good since I am a self-payer).

The only thing bothering me at the moment is that my daughter is having her first band concert on May 12th. I hope all goes well so that we can haul ass back to our hometown from Dallas in time to see it. I know she is counting on us to be there to see her play!

Thanks for the topic..

Karen

My husband got me a Magic Bullet too- I love it for the shakes and it will be so cool for the purees too.

Seems a shame they make you go to Dallas twice...why can't they have you do the tests that need results close to you and just the true preop paperwork etc. that day? With gas the price it is it really makes a difference, huh?

Well, I did eat yesterday. I had the meat and vegetable at the wedding but not the potatoes. I just could not have been on liquids working 11 hours on our feet and running around. The wedding was really hard on my back and knees and I kept thinking I will never be that heavy at a wedding again.

We have one Friday but I will just go to the early orning ceremony and then my husband and son will cover the evening Chinese Banquet- I will be two days pre-op and don't really want to be at a reception where the whole reason for being there is 12 course of food!

OK I am going over this thread to figure out who is being sleeved when and will posty a master list that you ll can add to or change...

OK Guys-

I thought I would post a list of what I know so far based on posts here- copy it and add your name if you want- I think it would be great if we all know so we can do a prayer circle of sort- keeping our fellow sleevers in heart and mind on their days- hoping they have an easy effortless time in surgery and then heal quickly!

May 2nd lkcraig316

May 3rd Chicadee Kristy

May 4th MaeConnie 68

May 5th

May 6th Lots of Hope

May 7th

May 8th

May 9th Dawn of a New Day Gusso5 kellyw74 meggieprice

May 10th Karen H.

May 11th

May 12th

May 13th

May 14th

May 15th

???

Thanks so much for the list. Since I probably won't remember who is next after me, I am going to send a prayer up right now for everybody on the list so far!

Thanks so much for the list. Since I probably won't remember who is next after me, I am going to send a prayer up right now for everybody on the list so far!

You re certainly in mine right here right now! You must be so excited!

I got a Magic Bullet too as well as a early Mother's Day gift from my husband and the kids. Quick question- Are you two still so so hungry? I am starving! We are almost there ladies. May 9th can't come any quicker :)

Melinda in Fort Worth, TX

Wow- you are getting close! I can't believe they are making you do TWO days of clears before on top of the five weeks of diet- one day of clears seems about right to me- I have done that for a colonscopy- but two? Blessings with you!

I think the thing I keep thinking is all this diet followed by major surgery and then weeks of recovery and not real food until - for me- about six weeks if everything goes well. Sigh. However, at least we will have tiny tummies and eventually no hunger hormone.

God good luck and I will think about you on Tuesday!

I will pray hard for you to get your job first and then that you sail through your surgery easily and effortlessly. This truly will be a new beginning for you!

I just hope we are not this hungry after- seems like that really does go away , especially after the hunger hormone goes away! Easily and effortlessly- that is also my hope for you!

Yay Connie- you are almost there! I think I need to do a list of our dates ;-P SO my aging brain knows who needs to be in my healing easy effortless thoughts and prayers! Can't wait to hear how you all do.

My husband got me a Magic Bullet too- I love it for the shakes and it will be so cool for the purees too.

Seems a shame they make you go to Dallas twice...why can't they have you do the tests that need results close to you and just the true preop paperwork etc. that day? With gas the price it is it really makes a difference, huh?

Well, I did eat yesterday. I had the meat and vegetable at the wedding but not the potatoes. I just could not have been on liquids working 11 hours on our feet and running around. The wedding was really hard on my back and knees and I kept thinking I will never be that heavy at a wedding again.

We have one Friday but I will just go to the early orning ceremony and then my husband and son will cover the evening Chinese Banquet- I will be two days pre-op and don't really want to be at a reception where the whole reason for being there is 12 course of food!

OK I am going over this thread to figure out who is being sleeved when and will posty a master list that you ll can add to or change...

My surgery date was scheduled originally for May 4th but got moved to May 5th today I guess the doc has an emergency. It gives me one more day to stress lol My doctor does things so much differently than what many are doing I am finding out. For instance no pre-op diet I just cant have anything after 10pm the night before. After surgery I am on clears for 24 hours and then days 2-21 its liquids to soft solids as tolerated. Finally solids at day 22. I mean I dont plan on rushing anything but Ive seen alot more restriction on the here for other sleevers. I researched my doc out and he is one of the top in the country it just seems odd that the diet varies so very much for us all. I am almost jealous of not having the pre-op diet since I wont lose any weight before hand but then again Im not complaining it sounds horrible.

Hey I wish you all luck - ITS GONNA BE A GREAT MONTH!!!! B)

I got a Magic Bullet too as well as a early Mother's Day gift from my husband and the kids. Quick question- Are you two still so so hungry? I am starving! We are almost there ladies. May 9th can't come any quicker :)

Melinda in Fort Worth, TX

I am hungry every day. I thought it would go away but especially after my Water aerobics I am hungry. I look forward to having a small stomach!

Since I have a cold my biggest issue now is that I can;t take Advil since yesterday and it is my go to drug for feeling like this. I KNOW I would feel much better if only I could take it.

Power through! We CAN do this.

My surgery date was scheduled originally for May 4th but got moved to May 5th today I guess the doc has an emergency. It gives me one more day to stress lol My doctor does things so much differently than what many are doing I am finding out. For instance no pre-op diet I just cant have anything after 10pm the night before. After surgery I am on clears for 24 hours and then days 2-21 its liquids to soft solids as tolerated. Finally solids at day 22. I mean I dont plan on rushing anything but Ive seen alot more restriction on the here for other sleevers. I researched my doc out and he is one of the top in the country it just seems odd that the diet varies so very much for us all. I am almost jealous of not having the pre-op diet since I wont lose any weight before hand but then again Im not complaining it sounds horrible.

Sorry girl- YOU are the lucky one! I am sick right now and would love to have some Soup, I'll have some broth- big whoop.

You also will probably post big weight loss numbers right out of the gate whereas we may slow a bit soone having dieted so strenuously before.

CInco de mayo for you!

Wow! That is interesting how each doctor can vary so much! I am sure it will be great! Congrats! You are almost there. I will be praying for you. Keep us posted :D

Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one out there starving :). I am so looking forward to having a small stomach too! I really hope you start feeling better soon. Try taking the Tylenol Cold and Sinus. I believe it is an approved drug you can

take. We are almost there!

I am hungry every day. I thought it would go away but especially after my Water aerobics I am hungry. I look forward to having a small stomach!

Since I have a cold my biggest issue now is that I can;t take Advil since yesterday and it is my go to drug for feeling like this. I KNOW I would feel much better if only I could take it.

Power through! We CAN do this.

Sorry girl- YOU are the lucky one! I am sick right now and would love to have some Soup, I'll have some broth- big whoop.

You also will probably post big weight loss numbers right out of the gate whereas we may slow a bit soone having dieted so strenuously before.

CInco de mayo for you!