Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone tell me what happens if you have not been taking your B vits? Here's the deal I went to a vit store and I was explaining that I was about to run out of my zip melt dots and I needed to get some more b-12 supplements. He recommended some liquid drops that I thought was B-12 complex. Apparently not. Why I just did not go back to my original store and simply replace my dots, I don't know, Hind sight is always 20/20. Anywho I had been off the dots for a few weeks and then all of a sudden "TMI" alert, while me and hubby were in the midst of adult activities I heard a loud ringing. I mean it was so loud I asked him if he heard it. We stopped all activity immediately because something appearently was wrong. As I try to stand up and walk to the lavatory I was completely disoriented had no control. This has me freaked, hubby got me to do calming breaths for about 2 mins. The ringing finally went away but I got a really bad headache immediately afterwards. The next morning tried to walk around and was still super dizzy. Hubby left work to take me to pcp, I explained that I thought it could be me changing my B-12. All he seemed to have heard was really bad headache, he treated me for a Migraine and sent me home no labwork done. The next day I had another "episode" the ringing came and then dizziness. Hubby says I actually fainted, I just remember him putting me in bed. After waking I started praying. I then got on-line and googled vit-b deficency. All my symptoms were there, it seemed like a match to me. So I asked hubby to pick up some vit B-complex. I started taking that same day I haven't had an "episode" since. I decided that I still needed to have some labs done so I called my surgeon and they agreed that I should come in. I went and did the bloodwork and the results should be in today sometime. I was just wondering if anyone else had any insight.

Hi there, sorry to hear about this. Must be pretty scary! My only thought is, if you had only stopped for a few weeks surely there would still be plenty in your system? I think it takes a while for it to leave our body.

You did the right thing getting back on in again though, no point taking any chances!

Maybe some others will have had a similar experience!

Oh no!! I am glad that you called your surgeon and let him know what was going on. I am kind of worried about my B-12 vites also because last time that I saw Dr. Parrish, he told me to take them once a week. Granted I have not had an epsoide like you did but there have been times that I felt off. I go see him tomorrow. I have to agree with what the other poster said about it being in your system for a while before it is completely out. It also could have been that your blood sugar could have bottomed out. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

ANew, yes getting low on B-12 is pretty dangerous. I'm glad you had the good mind to read up on the symptoms. However, shame on your Dr. for not looking into this further!!

I'm already B-12 anemic (as well as iron) and I know us sleevers have a hard time with keeping up with it. The way our stomachs are cut makes it harder for our bodies to absorb the B-12 in the normal way. I'm just curious, it sounds like you have some really good B-12 Complex that it helped you fast. Would you mind sharing that link you use to buy your B-12? I might want to look into it myself. :)

I'm very glad to hear your on the mend. Don't use that other product anymore! It didn't do a darn thing for ya!