Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have experience with Dr. Patrick Coates out of Modesto, CA>

He's the only one that does VSG near Sacramento that my BCBS PPO has a contract with. Then his hospital doesn't have a contarct for bariatric. URGH! The other doctor doesn't do VSG at that was Dr. Laura Machado.

He's the only one that does VSG near Sacramento that my BCBS PPO has a contract with. Then his hospital doesn't have a contarct for bariatric. URGH! The other doctor doesn't do VSG at that was Dr. Laura Machado.

I know this was back in April but what about Dr.Coirin? He does the VSG as well and is in Modesto. Pretty much like Dr. Coates partner. He's in the same building out by Memorial. Hope this helps!

Ah, thanks for the reply. My insurance doesnt know what it's doing. Now they say I can use several doctors. Anyway, I am scheduled December 7th with Dr. Patching in Sacramento. However, my daughter has decided she wanst to get VSG also but does not have insurance so we are looking at Mexico. Tell me if you would please, have choosen a doctor there and how much it will cost. I'm hearing anywhere from $5,000 to $7,800. Big difference and I'm wondering why. Thanks in advance and I wish you much success in your journey.

I live in Turlock and in order for my insurance to pay (which is only 50%) I have go to to Clovis Community near Fresno.

I am going to Mexico instead.

I'm hearing anywhere from $5,000 to $7,800. Big difference and I'm wondering why.

They don't all have the same reputation or facilities. Research, research & then research some more!

They don't all have the same reputation or facilities. Research, research & then research some more!

Omgosh!! 14 days for you "Longer-life" How exciting!!!