Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flying with protein?

For those of yall who have flown post-sleeve, how do you manage to take your Protein with you? Is there a particular brand of RTD you're carrying or....? We're booked for WDW in November and I hope by then I won't need to worry about supplementing protein but just in case I'm trying to plan for it. Any suggestions or experience?

I take Protein Powder and a shaker cup, but most of my flights are short for business so no checked baggage. Have you thought about Protein bars instead of RTD shakes?

I take Protein powder and a shaker cup, but most of my flights are short for business so no checked baggage. Have you thought about Protein Bars instead of RTD shakes?

Ya I have but I looked the other day at the store and everything I looked at (I think I spent 30 mins in that aisle) had entirely too many carbs. Do you have a Protein Bar recommendation that doesn't taste of dirty rhino butt? :)

The Luna Protein Bars in Cookie Dough are tolerable. 21 gms of carb for 12 gms of Protein. When I eat one, the rest of the day is meat only as I try to keep carbs under 30. When I am stuck somewhere mid-day with only a vending machine it's a better option than the machine. For powder I use GNC Wheybolic 60 somethingorother in vanilla--tastes to me like yellow cake batter.

The Oh Yeah bars have 15 grams of Protein and 7 carbs. the PB choc. are delicious. You can usually find them in a health food store. I order them online from vitacost.com where I order my Vitamins and Protein shakes. no shipping on orders over $49 right now. I like the choc. mint too. they are like a kit kat bar.

The costco premeire Protein bars are very big. The have 30 grams of protein for 23 carbs. I eat half at a time.

I always take protein bars on the plane. I have taken Protein Drink sample packets on trips with a shaker bottle but it's not my 1st choice. They don't mix well without my little blender.

Thanks for the input guys. I found a couple sampler packs on mybariatricpantry that I'm going to try. The Oh Yeah bars were one of them. Here's to hoping bc I'm REALLY getting tired of trying to choke back my shakes...flying or no flying.