Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good news? A Date! Bad News?Not when I thought...

Tuesday I got an email from my doctor, in response to mine saying all my requirements were complete and I was ready to start my pre-op two week liquid diet with a word from him- and all it said was "Start you liquids".

I called his nurse and she said since she was submitting to insurance and my insurance usually approves pretty fast that yes, I should start my liquids.

My sons birthday is today so we moved his dinner to yesterday- my husband brought me a box with all my favorite See's candy, and my son brought the most humongo bag of movie popcorn covered in butter home from the theater where he works. A friend took us to Outback and I had the biggest prime rib with all the works- then my husband and I stayed up late eating popcorn and candy. It was so sudden, I didn't even get to think about things!

Aside from the food hangover I woke up with I woke excited and ready, really ready to start this journey.

So ....the nurse calls to ask me if I have questions and confirm everything was sent yesterday. I mention to her that , for our wedding schedule as photographers I need to know I can have the surgery by the 20th or else I can't have it until after May 7th.

She says "Oh- there are not dates available during April at the hospital" WTF? HUH? Then why did they tell me to start my two weeks of liquids?

She apologizes because she had not checked with the scheduler when she told me to start liquids. (would she have bothered to tell me?) She transfers me and I do get a date, a real date, my date- May 9th at 7:30 at the hospital where I most wanted it to be.

But I feel like the rug was pulled out from under me and thrilled as I am...and knowing it is only 19 days later than I thought...I am down today.

Oh well, I only ate about a tenth of that giant bag o' popcorn last night so tonight we'll watch some movies and munch and cuddle to get over it.

SIGH. It kind of decimates my I Have a Date post...

Sheesh I'm so sorry to hear that!! I know once I had my mind made up I couldn't have my surgery fast enough. Just try to hang in there and keep your mind occupied as much as you can. If you do that the time will go by a little faster for you.

No worries, your day will be here and it really does come and go really quick. Set up a countdown ticker, I did and I found it helped when I'd look at it and see the 10... 9... 8... 7... etc. :)

Hugs!!!

NONE of us had a date as soon as we wanted. As LilDiva said, once you make up your mind......

Good news is that you don't have to wait months. I am excited for you. Now you can read posts of what you will need and try some Proteins to see what you like (and don't.) I am excited for you! Congrats.

I had to post pone my surgery 6 months because the only day available to me I could not find a flight out early enough that did not conflict with my work. So 6 months later when my next vacation was approved for is when I booked. Sometimes I wonder how much weight I would have lost if I could have found the right flight and had my surgery in August instead of February.

The 19 days will fly by and you enjoy that ohh soo buttery popcorn in the mean time. I am salivating thinking about it. I will have some someday just not for awhile.

Sheesh I'm so sorry to hear that!! I know once I had my mind made up I couldn't have my surgery fast enough. Just try to hang in there and keep your mind occupied as much as you can. If you do that the time will go by a little faster for you.

No worries, your day will be here and it really does come and go really quick. Set up a countdown ticker, I did and I found it helped when I'd look at it and see the 10... 9... 8... 7... etc. :)

Hugs!!!

What a great idea!

Thank you , all of you, I love this place- the support and love is awesome.

My date got pushed back too so I know how you feel. It is so frustrating when you plan for something so big like that. On a positive note, it will give you some time to mentally prepare. I was completely ready when my date finally came. The sleeve is such a great thing, so just be patient! HUGS!

What a great idea!

Thank you , all of you, I love this place- the support and love is awesome.

Its really not that far away and you can look at your "extra time" as mental prep time to get ready for your new way of eating. I know my date was set farer out than I expected because of doctor vacation and all that (how dare he go on vacation when I need surgery!!!!) But I do think I needed to time to "live with" the fact that I'm doing this and how was I going to do this and just get it all set in my mind.

Good luck! It will be here before you know it.

That has got to be hard to deal with... almost worse than not having a date at all. I am really sorry that happened to you, but at least you DO have a set date now and you know you will be ready when that date comes. Congratulations on getting a date set!

Well Meggie, it looks like we are both May Sleevers now. I am sorry you were postponed as well. Thanks again for your kind words around my surgery delay.

I am trying to think of it as a positive. It will all work out in the end. We were approved by insruance and we have dates and everything else is done. Just like Becca mentioned there is time for us to further mentally prepare for life afterwards.

Well Meggie, it looks like we are both May Sleevers now. I am sorry you were postponed as well. Thanks again for your kind words around my surgery delay.

I am trying to think of it as a positive. It will all work out in the end. We were approved by insruance and we have dates and everything else is done. Just like Becca mentioned there is time for us to further mentally prepare for life afterwards.

I am now actually glad it worked out this way- it was so sudden to be on liquids without planning for it. I also can work out for a few weeks longer trying to tone my abs and my arms!

We can be of great support to each other and all the May sleevers! B)