Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tijuanna April 4th. Anyone else?

Flying into San Diego early Sat night, staying 2 nights instead of one so I can spend the whole day Sunday sight seeing in California. Then Surgery on Monday April 4th, 2011. Anybody else going to be there the first week in April? Excited. Nervous. Anxious. Scared. Unsure. Certain!

All normal from what I've been reading up on. rolleyes.gif

Counting the days..

We will be arriving the 10th, so we will just miss you!

Lot of luck to you and your husband!

Hi, I'll be there on the 7th. I'm so excited.

If all goes well that's the day I leave... I'm booked on an early morning flight so I probably won't get to meet you, but I hope everything goes well for you also. Good luck! :D

Hello, just wanted to say congrats and good luck!! Please keep us updated on your recovery and experience.

I just got back yesterday from my vgs surgery in Tijuana, I am doing great. No pain, gas, dry heaves, vomiting, or cramping. Everything went very well. I followed the liquid/soft food diet for 10 days prior to the surgery, and the last 3 days I had nothing but clear broth and Water. My coordinator was a God send, her name is Nina Mehrabani, and she was by far one of the best people I came in contact with. She recently moved to Tijuana from Orange County CA, so she could use her own private residence as a recovery house for her patients, and it was absolutely beautiful! She had her housekeeper who is also trained for our medical needs, take us shopping in Tijuana on Tue and Wed if we were up to it. I went Tue, but not Wed. The only thing I didn't want to do was take a shower, I was afraid of showering in water with open wounds, that nobody will even drink. Better safe than sorry. So I just came home as a dirt ball but healthy! lol..

The surgery went very well, we arrived on Monday morning at 8 o'clock at Jet Blue terminal where we were picked up in a club van from Jerusalem hospital/clinic, there were 4 of us, two women in their 20's and another woman closer to my age, early 50's. My daughter came with me. The clinic is very small and in a strip mall, lol, but clean. We were then taken in and had blood work done, after about an hour we were taken upstairs where we were checked in and had an EKG, then we were taken into surgery one at a time. It was a small room with a table bed in the middle, I was given anesthesia in my iv and I was out in a matter of a minute or two. I was in for about 45 minutes to an hour. I was woken up, then walked upstairs to my bed, where we stayed overnight. The next day, Tue, they took us to our recovery houses where we were allowed to do what we wanted, some of us went shopping, it all depends on who your coordinator is, so I have to mention Nina again, her home was by far the nicest! The clinic picked us up again on Wednesday and gave us a 4 ounce bottle of purple water to drink and took us for an x-ray. When we got there we had to drink a clear liquid that tasted like alka seltzer, it was awful, then they took an x-ray to check for leaks, but with titanium staples, surgical sutures, and glue, I can't see how anything could be leaking lol. They gave us a copy of our x-ray to bring home with us and sent us on our way. Since 2 of us were leaving very early on Thurs. morning, we went back to the clinic and had our ports removed, we were then given a bag of medicine- Aluminio y Magnesiuo for gas, naproxeno 250 mg for pain, and ciproflozacino Bacproin 500 mg for antibiotic as well as instructions to keep the wounds clean and a diet to follow for the next 8 weeks. We then went back to our houses, and did what we wanted until it was time to leave, Nina took us to a grocery store where we bought some goodies to bring home. We decided to leave at 3 am to catch our flight from San Diego at 7:10, and I'm glad we did. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the boarder, and by the time we got to the airport, checked our bag, and went through security, we only had about 45 mins before our flight. All in all, I had a great experience and would do it again as well as recommend it to anyone who needs it but can't get it done here in the states for any reason. I'm including a link to Nina's web page because I wouldn't use anyone else!

Take care everyone and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Bariatric Solutions in Mexico - Developed by: Roberto Solorzano .com