Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my post op appointment yesterday and down 23 pounds!

Hi Everyone!! I had my 2 and a halfish post op yesterday, n i was surprised to see 23 pounds were gone :D .

The doctor was pleased on how well I am doing, but im not!! Im so sick of the Protein Shakes they make me want to barf!! sorry for the tmi.. i know that i can come here and some of you probably feel the same way. I have been eating tuna, yogurt( which i hate) cheese, turkey and cottage cheese. I also tired eggs but i hate those too. So now back to the Protein intake i need to find something that i like. I curently have Isopure vanilla flavored, EAS chocolate flavored and Optisourse this is a caramel flavor....but the taste is horrible now i have tried it with fruit as a smoothie and this morning it almost came back up :blink: what do you guys think about something else that is more like Water flavored or clear n not horrible. I was thinking about those Special K protein water drinks...also i try and get in 3 bottles of water the 16 oz ones those kinda go down good. I feel like im not doing good enough and its frustrating me so much. I feel like crap in the mornings i wake up not hungry at all and just to think that i have to get the protein down yuck!! i don't even feel like getting back up. This is so sad i know i have worked so hard to give up now. Since i have lost so much weight last year i was 350!! now im 267. I hate this and the only thing im looking forward is being able to have more food and less Protein Drinks. The doctor told me yesterday that next week i can try grilled fish, chicken, turkey so i am!! and he wants me to drink 2 protein drinks...but they are getting expensive

Congrats on the weight loss. Remember to keep up the protien and drink the shakes. Keep in mind that if buying groceries just for yourself, that protien shakes are less expensive than the alternative. Stay on track and good luck!

I have been using a Protein drink called "4 ever fit" tropical mango , its not milky, has a pretty good mango flavor and is semi clear. I drink it first thing to get some Protein in early. 23 gms. Its the best one I have found.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&cp=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&q=%224+ever+fit%22+tropical&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=2643263773626736005&sa=X&ei=Eh6GTZ7ADo-isAPIw6zpAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CC4Q8wIwAg#ps-sellers

I'm totally understand about being sick of the Protein drinks! I was sleeved on March 10. I am supposed to be getting 60 grams of Protein in a day, but am only able to get 40-42 grams. I am drinking grape frost Isopure. It has 40 grams/20oz container. It is barely tolerable!! I am also using a product called New whey liquid Protein. It has 42 grams protein/3.8 oz. It is very sweet and syrupy. I usually have to "chase" it with some lemon Water just to kill the taste.

Lucky you to already be on some foods. I have 5 weeks of the full liquid diet before I can move on. :(

Protein shakes are rough, especially when that's pretty much all you can have. I am 5 days post-op and I followed Eggface's recipes (theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com) and bought every flavor of sugar-free Torani Syrup under the sun.

I no longer choke down the Protein Shakes, but am okay to sip, sip, sip them like I am supposed to. I have gotten pretty creative (choco-raspberry this morning) and honestly, the syrups are making this new life bearable. Otherwise, I imagine I would be the same monster I was at the beginning of the liquid diet. :)