Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Thanks, Libra. It sure took a long time to get restriction but now I am finally aware I have the band and it's nice to be able to relate to the experiences of others. I wish my MD would have been more aggressive with fills as I have a large capacity band but I'm not one to look back. I hope to beat my Valentine's Goal and would LOVE to enter the "70's" to firmly establish myself in twoterville.

I hope to beat my Valentine's Goal and would LOVE to enter the "70's" to firmly establish myself in twoterville.

You'll make it...but just for the record...I think you already are firmly rooted in Twoterville! You're an official resident! :clap2:

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted in a looong time but thought I should pop in and say hello. I am so happy to see Waterlily back in the swing of things...I missed you girl and you were in my thoughts a lot! The rest of you guys seem to be doing really great.

I'm leaving my ticker at 102 down but am actually at 99 at the moment due to the Christmas chocs...(ahem).

I am going to be the big 40 in March and have a party in the UK where most folks haven't seen me since before surgery and they don't know what I have done. So, I would love to be 250 by then...that's 27lbs in 8 weeks. I don't know if that's setting myself up for a fall but I do know I am more realisitic about things and if I've tried my best then what will be will be.

I am going to try and keep more up to date with you all as I try and wade my way through Twoterville.

Praise the Lord!!! I finally made it to twoterville this weekend:clap2: Saturday the 20th I weighed 298.2, needless to say I started crying...tears of joy, tears of how far I have come. But I am happy now I really have to continue to work hard to get far away from 300 as possible:bolt:

Congratulations, Tann!!! Welcome and be proud of how far you have come. Your weight loss is wonderful!

Libra and Lapbandit, Thank you for the positive comments. I recently found out that I need both knees replaced so I have a huge incentive to get the weight off. I am hoping I can "keep" these old ones until I can get to about 190 pounds. That should make the recovery and rehab MUCH easier.

Name....................Current Weight......Valentine's Goal......To Go

Juliegeraci................241.5.................. ..10..........................3.5

Lapbandit.................240..................... .20..........................13

Libra....................... 257.......................20...................... ...12

Indianlight................ 277...................... 20...................... ..18

JulieNYC.................. 221.......................215.................... ....6

Elisabethsew............ 283 (-11)...............282.........................1

Hi guys, well done Tann..its a great feeling isnt it...

I at long last after many complications am getting my much needed 2nd fill on thursday this week, so that should help with the valentines day challenge. THe christmas challeng I felt i did really well at and am failing miserably at this one, so hopefully this will be the kick in the butt i need...

Good to hear from ya A1! Glad to hear you're doing good. About those chocolates at Christmas...yeah, been there done that. But we all seem to be getting back on track and that's most important!

Tann--Congratulations!!!!!!! Welcome to Twoterville! You've done great and deserve to be very proud of yourself! Good job!

Indianlight, I feel like I don't have a bat's chance in h*ll of hitting my Valentine's goal either!!!! But, we'll just do our best. I have an appointment on Thursday and I'm going to ask for a fill too. These fills are so stinking weird. Where did my restriction go? Does the sweet spot need to take periodic vacations and decide to leave us hanging or what?! I just don't understand what changes inside our bods to make our restriction go away. I'm going to try to ask my doc for some insight on this topic on Thursday. If I get some good info I'll pass it along.

Elisabeth, I am so sorry to hear that you need surgery. I just heard on TV the other day that every 5 pounds we lose feels like 20 lbs less on our knees. (Something crazy like that.) Keep us posted and let us know when you have to go in for surgery.

Everyone else...HI and keep up the great work! We're kicking butt in '07 so far!

Well I had a relapse into chocolate land, I didn't count the wrappers but I do know they were 75 cal a piece. I needed the saratonin. The official word on my Mom is that she has a few days to a couple weeks left with us. I have been with her in the hospital so I haven't had any access to the internet. At this point I am trying to maintain my sanity. She will be coming home in the next couple of days to spend what time she has left surrounded by familiar sights smells and sounds. She is barely conscious only a few times a day now so we are trying to take atvantage of those brief moments to remind her that we love her. It is too hard to count calories right now, it just is, that can wait till after right now I am stuck with hospital food and the fast food and the fattening casseroles friends and family bring by for us. Keep up the good work everyone cause when I get back I want to hear all the good news of your successes and NSV's :)

Molly,

Don't worry or stress over anything at this time. What you are doing in taking time to tell your mum how much you love her is the best that you could do. Girl if chocolate helps you right now then take it. You can work it all out later...I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best. If you need anything, PM me and I'm here for you.

Waterlily, hang in there and don't worry about the weight loss right now. You have more importnant things to deal with, like being with your mom. My thoughts are with you.

Congrats to Tann!!! Twoterville is a nice place to be.

Juliegeraci................241.5.................. ..10..........................3.5

Lapbandit.................240..................... .20..........................13

Libra....................... 255.......................20...................... ...10

Indianlight................ 277...................... 20...................... ..18

JulieNYC.................. 221.......................215.................... ....6

Now the question is...can I lose ten more pounds before Valentine's Day? I'm gonna try like hell!!!:(

Libra....................... 255.......................20...................... ...10

Time to check in for week 3/6. No change for me this week. I don't see me hitting my Valentine's goal. But, like Libra--I'm gonna try real hard!

Molly, you're doing the best you can right now. Keep yourself grounded (even if that means you need a chocolate fix) and stay focused on your Mom. I really wish there was something I could do, but the best I can offer is a shoulder to lean on so please keep us posted and remember we care about you.

JulieNYC.................. 218.......................215.................... ....3

Molly, please let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you. I know that probably rings a little hollow right now, but you just hang in there and know that we're here for you. Hugs.

Juliegeraci................237.................. ..10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

JulieNYC.................. 218.......................215.................... ....3

Whoo hoo!! Great job Julie!!!!

I had a good appointment today with my surgeon. I got a fill and I am feeling better so hopefully I can still put at least a little dent in my Valentine's Goal now!!