Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GPS Update: Important new information

Well,

First of all, i am kind of suspect of a doctor or a patient facilitator posting on this board, made for surgery patients. i tend to think that a doctor posting on this board is pretty much looking for cheap advertising.

I think it is a given it is free advertising. Why else would an MD surgeon post on message boards?

Sorry to be so frank. Scaring patients just on YOUR LIMITED EXPERIENCE ?

With all due respect, 99.9% of plication surgeons have limited experience.

i think Dr. Watkins is misinformed due to the little information he has availabale to him.

He is and he isn't. This is an easy surgery to perform, a monkey could do it. Most surgeons won't do it because this is a KNOWN complication of THIS surgery type. Dr. Watkins is just now finding out about it. THAT is what is spooky.

if he hasnt done enough plications, maybe hes not doing it right. Where did you learn your plication techique from Dr, Watkins ?

Again.... this is a known complication of this surgery type. ALL surgery types have known complications, this is one for plication.

i think lapband patients are having trouble at a higher percentage, and gastric sleeve patients with leaks have also a higher percentage of failure.

A leak is not a surgery failure unless the person dies, most do not. A failure does not mean someone had complications. I take it you are defending YOUR surgery type by burying your head in the sand? This is a known complication of the surgery, deal with it. Sleeves are THE safest surgery long term. Sorry to inform you of facts.

You say nobody can know what will happen 10 years from now ? YES YOU CAN. Heres one of several links.Here´s one going back 10 years exactly.

SO TO ANYBODY CONSIDERING WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY, PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK, BUT DON´T BASE YOUR DESICION ON DR WATKINS OPINIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS, UNLESS HE HAS A STUDY BEHIND HIM,SEEMS KIND OF UNPROFESSIONAL OF HIM TO BE POSTING HERE, DO REAL DOCTORS HAVE THE TIME TO POST ?

Right, damn sure don't base it on your ramblings or Watkins.

I think it is a given it is free advertising. Why else would an MD surgeon post on message boards?

SO HES INFO MAY BE BIASED....

With all due respect, 99.9% of plication surgeons have limited experience.

SOME HAVE 90% LIMITED EXPERIENCE, DO YOU KNOW WHAT EXPERIENCE HE HAS ?

He is and he isn't. This is an easy surgery to perform, a monkey could do it. Most surgeons won't do it because this is a KNOWN complication of THIS surgery type. Dr. Watkins is just now finding out about it. THAT is what is spooky.

MAYBE A MONKEY DID DO THOSE PROBLEMATIC PLICATIONS.....

Again.... this is a known complication of this surgery type. ALL surgery types have known complications, this is one for plication.

YES IT CAN BE A COMPLICATON, NOT A REASON TO SUGGEST NOT DOING IT PUBLICLY. HES THE ONLY DOC IN HERE ? SO EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS TRUE '

A leak is not a surgery failure unless the person dies, most do not. A failure does not mean someone had complications. I take it you are defending YOUR surgery type by burying your head in the sand? This is a known complication of the surgery, deal with it. Sleeves are THE safest surgery long term. Sorry to inform you of facts.

A LEAK IS NOT SURGERY FAILURE ? A GASTRIC ULCER DUE TO VSP IS ???

[/b][/size][/font][/size][/font]

Right, damn sure don't base it on your ramblings or Watkins.

id love for him to respond to my second post, and Michelle, im not burying my hand in the sand, hes posting HES OPINIONS AS FACTS. This is no charity case, just misleading info to pull people away from VSP and towards him. Complete and utter bull crap and totally unprofresional.

iM NOT DEFENDING VSP, iM ATTACKING AN IGNORANT POST.

Dr. Watkins

How old are you ?

Where did you learn your gastric plication techique ?

From whom ?

How many did you see being performed ?

How many did you perform under supervision ?

How many have you done alone ?

How many complications have you had ?

Please let us know who were those "several" doctors you "spoke too" ?

Ive contacted 6 doctors in the Baja area in the last 24 hours, and showed them your post. ALL OF THEM, ALL OF THEM, think your opinions are nothing more than that, Opinions NOT based on experience or fact.

I spoke with Dr. Lopez Corvala, Dr. Kuri, Dr. Aceves, Dr Huacuz, Dr. Abril and Dr. Ham.

NONE OF THEM KNOW WHERE YOU TRAINED, And they all think your just trying to pull patients your way...

i welcome your response, you´ve got so much time on your hands, you should be able to respond soon...

border guy

I think you are a liar. I know for a fact Aceves will not do this procedure because it's a surgery type only the bottom feeder surgeons do. No good surgeon will do plication. Huacuz... HA! Can we say bottom feeder in 10 different ways?

I'm not a fan of Watkins, I think he uses message boards for free advertising. I think Watkins is a loser in every possible way. So be very clear I am not defending him. But I am calling you out as a liar.

Lopez-Corvala had the SAME complication, the blood supply was cut off from the stomach. And you are trying to tell us this does not happen? Look at my above post, I gave you the damn link to see for yourself. You should have looked at it before blowing smoke up everyone's butt.

Dr. Kuri is a band mill, he doesn't even DO plication or the real deal, a sleeve.

You claim to have spoken with Dr. Aceves. Perhaps you should be aware, in order to speak with Dr. Aceves you must first complete the medical questions, submit them to the office and then after he reviews it he returns your call. I call bull shit. Also, Dr. Aceves wouldn't down another surgeon if you paid him to. Something I disagree with but it is what it is.

You are a liar.

I think you are a liar. I know for a fact Aceves will not do this procedure because it's a surgery type only the bottom feeder surgeons do. No good surgeon will do plication. Huacuz... HA! Can we say bottom feeder in 10 different ways?

I'm not a fan of Watkins, I think he uses message boards for free advertising. I think Watkins is a loser in every possible way. So be very clear I am not defending him. But I am calling you out as a liar.

Lopez-Corvala had the SAME complication, the blood supply was cut off from the stomach. And you are trying to tell us this does not happen? Look at my above post, I gave you the damn link to see for yourself. You should have looked at it before blowing smoke up everyone's butt.

Dr. Kuri is a band mill, he doesn't even DO plication or the real deal, a sleeve.

You claim to have spoken with Dr. Aceves. Perhaps you should be aware, in order to speak with Dr. Aceves you must first complete the medical questions, submit them to the office and then after he reviews it he returns your call. I call bull shit. Also, Dr. Aceves wouldn't down another surgeon if you paid him to. Something I disagree with but it is what it is.

You are a liar.

You dont know me or where im from, i know the whole, i say again, the whole Aceves team for family reason, nina, gaby, ms, eguia, ALL OF EM. First name basis, you want his cell phone number ??

SO YOUR ATACKING ALL PLICATION SURGEONS AS BOTTOM FEADERS ???

YOU AGREE DR WATKINS IS BULL CRAP, BUT YOU ATACK ALL VSP DOCTORS AS DOUCHES ??

WHAT HAPPENED ? WHERE YOU ABUSSED AS A KID ??

I NEVER SAID VSP WAS FAULTLESS, NEVER SAID IT DIDNT OR DOESNT HAPPEN, JUST PISSED AT DR WATKINS POSTING AS MR KNOW IT ALL AROUND HERE, SUCH BULL....

P.S. WHAT LINK ?? TAKE A CHILL PILL...

You dont know crap ? i know the whole, i say again, the whole Aceves team for family reason, nina, gaby, ms, eguia, ALL OF EM. First name basis, you want his cell phone number ??

I NEVER SAID VSP WAS FAULTLESS, NEVER SAID IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

EAT MY SHORTS, IF THEY FIT IN YOUR VSG...

Yeah, I'll pass on eating your shorts. I think you did that well already.

Yeah, I am claiming that plication surgeons are bottom feeders. Deal with it.

Yeah, I'll pass on eating your shorts. I think you did that well already.

Yeah, I am claiming that plication surgeons are bottom feeders. Deal with it.

NOW IM SCARED TO SEE YOUR MORE BIAS THAN DR WATKINS !!!!!!!!!!!

GGOOOOOO VSG GOOOOOOO !!!!

You dont know me or where im from, i know the whole, i say again, the whole Aceves team for family reason, nina, gaby, ms, eguia, ALL OF EM. First name basis, you want his cell phone number ??

I NEVER SAID VSP WAS FAULTLESS, NEVER SAID IT DIDNT OR DOESNT HAPPEN, JUST PISSED AT DR WATKINS POSTING AS MR KNOW IT ALL AROUND HERE, SUCH BULL....

P.S. WHAT LINK ?? TAKE A CHILL PILL...

And BTW... I AM an Aceves patient, I already have his cell phone #. Thanks anyway.

And we agree Watkins is full of bullshit.

Grow up for goodness sakes. Try and pretend you are an adult.

FOR THE RECORD, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, VSG IS THE BEST SURGERY OUT THERE, BETTER THAN THE BAND, BETTER THAN PLICATION.

THERE. FEELING BETTER ??

GOOD NIGHT WOMAN....

id love for him to respond to my second post, and Michelle, im not burying my hand in the sand, hes posting HES OPINIONS AS FACTS. This is no charity case, just misleading info to pull people away from VSP and towards him. Complete and utter bull crap and totally unprofresional.

iM NOT DEFENDING VSP, iM ATTACKING AN IGNORANT POST.

Dude, I am ALL for calling out ignorance. Seriously... If you knew me as WASaBubbleButt you would know that. I WANT people calling out ignorance. I thrive on it! I love to call out ignorance. It is what makes me function on a daily basis.

Bottom line, this is a known complication of this surgery type. It does not matter in the least what surgery type you have, there are known complications. This is one for plication. Period the end.

Yeah, he will likely push the band over plication with his nonsense because he IS a band mill. He's a loser, a bottom feeder. He saw the cash cow in plication and AFTER doing these surgeries he figured out the complications. If that isn't the sign of a bad surgeon I do not know what is.

Tell me I am wrong and in what ways.

FOR THE RECORD, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, VSG IS THE BEST SURGERY OUT THERE, BETTER THAN THE BAND, BETTER THAN PLICATION.

THERE. FEELING BETTER ??

GOOD NIGHT WOMAN....

Sooooo, WTF is your problem here?

We agree that plication is not superior to sleeves.

We agree that sleeves are safer than plication,

We agreee that Wakins uses message boards for free advertising.

WTH do we disagree with?

Sooooo, WTF is your problem here?

We agree that plication is not superior to sleeves.

We agree that sleeves are safer than plication,

We agreee that Wakins uses message boards for free advertising.

WTH do we disagree with?

NO PROBLEM HERE MAM.....MR WATKINS SAYING NOBODY SHOULD GET VSP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...

GOOD NIGHT, POP A VALIUM....

FYI:

I had gastric plication surgery by Dr. Watkins one week ago. I feel great! I have lost 9 pounds since my plication. I know this will slow down when I am back to eating solids, but I am very happy with my plication. I do have some fears of complications that may happen in the future. I would have these fears with any WLS though. I was shocked and upset when I read on here that Dr. Watkins is having concerns about GPS just days after I had my surgery. He did call me in person to tell me this, as He knew I would read it on the board and be shocked. He explained to me that He wants to find out more about why some people are having the problems, and others do great.

My 2 cents:

Does Dr. Watkins use this message board for free advertising? Yes probably.

Is that worse then hiring trolls to come on here and bad mouth other Dr.'s and do their advertising for them? No

Do I think Dr. Watkins is a good Dr.? Yes

regarding him having time to post on here. Seriously... It does not take that long to post on here. Doctors are just people with jobs. I don't think they are any more busy then a Mother of three who works, takes care of her kids, keeps a clean house and a happy husband. And I still have time to post on here. To imply that any good doctor does not have time to post on a message board is idiotic.

I think Dr. Watkins felt he had an obligation to post his recent findings about GPS on this board and to his patients. He has been giving so much good information about it, and probably felt it was only fair to also post the bad information. He had nothing to gain from posting his recent problem with GPS surgery.

People who choose GPS are self pay at this point. Nobody spends that kind of money without doing a lot of research. To imply that we are dumb, and the doctors who do them are "bottom feeders" makes it clear that you Michelle are a troll. Lori from Ortiz office told me about that little stunt you tried to pull. laughable!

After talking with Dr. Oldham, I've decided to go through with my plication surgery on 3/21. I do not believe that Dr. Oldham is a bottom feeder in any way. He is a very kind and compassionate person and has a great professional reputation from what I've read. He offers several different options, including the plication. He did not try to push plication on me in any way; it was completely my choice.

I've talked with Dr. Oldham about this particular complication after reading this topic, and he admits that is is a possible complication. However, he does not feel it is probable and feel very confident with continuing to do plication. He also admits that all surgeries have possible complications. He has not tried to push me into this at all and only wants me to proceed if I feel like it's the right thing to do.

So, I'm going ahead on Monday. I feel like if I don't, I will always wonder "what if?" I feel confident that Dr. Oldham will monitor closely for possible complications and will take good care of me. I will let you all know how it goes.

Take care,

Amy

Best wishes Amy!

I have been very happy with my plication so far. One week out and feeling great! KUP on your experience!

After talking with Dr. Oldham, I've decided to go through with my plication surgery on 3/21. I do not believe that Dr. Oldham is a bottom feeder in any way. He is a very kind and compassionate person and has a great professional reputation from what I've read. He offers several different options, including the plication. He did not try to push plication on me in any way; it was completely my choice.

I've talked with Dr. Oldham about this particular complication after reading this topic, and he admits that is is a possible complication. However, he does not feel it is probable and feel very confident with continuing to do plication. He also admits that all surgeries have possible complications. He has not tried to push me into this at all and only wants me to proceed if I feel like it's the right thing to do.

So, I'm going ahead on Monday. I feel like if I don't, I will always wonder "what if?" I feel confident that Dr. Oldham will monitor closely for possible complications and will take good care of me. I will let you all know how it goes.

Take care,

Amy