Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snacking?

I still don't have hunger pains (15 weeks post-op) but I feel like (esp. at night) that I should be snacking and my head has been taking over my body! LOL Does anyone else get the snacky feeling? I'm trying really hard to make myself more aware of it and just grab some Water and not food that I know I don't need! I get my Protein in and I get a good amount of calories in so I don't need any other food!

I'm in the same boat, and someone stole my paddles. At nearly 22 months out, I can not use the excuse of "I'm hungry". Night snacking was a big downfall for me. I'm 100% a "bored" eater, and honestly, it's not turned into a beastly beast yet. The operative word in that sentence is "YET". I noticed the patten in early January, and nipped it in the bud pretty quickly. I didn't see a gain or anything, but I noticed that I was hovering around 128-130 instead of my normal 125-126. I know it's only 2 pounds, but for me it was setting a trend.

I started keeping healthy Snacks in the house again. Laughing cow cheese wedges, and low fat cheese chunks with 4-6 sliced turkey pepperonis seemed to be my best option for a snack. I was reaching for the chex mix, cheez it crackers, and other carby options, but for the last 2-3 weeks when I really want a snack, I grab the cheese and pepperonis.

It's not something that I can completely beat, and I've stopped beating myself up for it. I know it's a habit, and to rid myself of that habit, I need to pick up a new one. I was reaching for the bottle of Moscato, but at 140-something calories per glass I figured a handful of cheezits was just as "bad". So, I started going to bed earlier that resulted in me waking up at 5am, not good either. There's only so many online games I can play before I feel like I'm losing braincells. I really do not have a solution other than staying out of the kitchen. My husband does not help the situation as he'd love it if I were to gain a good 20-30lbs, and he offers me bites of his ice cream. I wish I had a magical answer you for, but I'm right there with you. I'm seriously never hungry, but things "sound" and taste good again. I can eat shitpots of junk food, and I know if I allow "life to happen" then I will gain.

I UNDERSTAND the NIGHT TIME EATING!! I do SO GOOD during the day but at night I want food. I'm 7 weeks today so it's NOT that I'm hungry it's just what I did before surgery. I'm a CHIP eater so I bought some baked pork rids but then I could eat a whole bag in one day...so stopped buying those. I'm CRAVING WINE and Tiff I LOVE LOVE LOVE Moscato..in fact purchased a bottle for my Sister in law to try and had to have a sip! mmmmm Was thinking about it ALL NIGHT last night but I know I CAN'T have it yet!!!

So I went to BED and got on my laptop and got out on the CHAT line on this website. We had a good chat last night! LOL

If ANYONE can tell me how to control my HEAD CRAVINGS I would LOVE IT!!!

I've always had a rule even before having this surgery and that was to never eat anything after 7pm. The only thing I allow myself is Water or a cup of milk (I looovvee milk!) I'm able to control it better because my boyfriend ad I keep each other in check.

TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! i'm so into night eating and it's the carby foods. During the day at work I've noticed too that I reach for pretzels filled with Peanut Butter and Pork rinds sometimes gummies (stress eating and a bit of depression has creeped in too). . . i really hate my job (can't afford to quit right now though) so I've turned to drinking diet sodas, not many of them about 2 or 3 during the day. . . it's better then gummies and pretzels with peanut butter! But come night time, man there I go. . . so like Tiff, I started to go to bed early. . grab a piece of cheese, go shower by 8:30 and into bed by 9:00, read for a bit and go to sleep by 10 pm. . . ugh life can suck!:o

One of my few good weightloss attempts before surgery was with Weight Watchers and I did the whole no eating after 8pm so I do think I need to go back to something like this! I hate telling myself I CAN'T do something because that just makes me want to do it more! LOL I like the idea of being able to have milk at night though instead of just Water cuz I have a tiny bladder so all that water at night makes for many wake ups! LOL

i drink sf hot chocolate in the evenings and they are only 25 calories. a sf fudgesicle is 40 I think . The thing that works best for me is herbal tea. I put some stevia in it and sip it all evening long. lots of flavors out there.

I admit too, the head hunger in the evenings can be unbearable.

Okay,I found my topic! Want to snack anytime I am sitting in my house relaxing. For a while I was hung up on reduced fat Cheezits Now it's graduated to whatever I find. So I have to go back to things like Tiff was talking about - less carbs more Protein. Have moved up a couple of lbs and that's as far as it goes. Sure don't want to "undo" anything have learned and certainly want to make sure that I am not setting a pattern for myself for the future