Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks since surgery

genepha
Sign in to follow this  

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago today. My starting weight was 281 but I gained 2 pounds in the hospital so my official starting weight was 283. My weight today is 261. I've lost 22 pounds in 3 weeks.biggrin.gif I actually lost 20 pounds the first 10 days then when I went onto mushies I stalled. I actually gained 1-2 pounds, then lost them again, then found them again, etc. sad.gif I expected that to happen so I wasn't too worried. I also wasn't allowed by my dr. to do any formal exercise so I just increased my walking. I've been walking about 1 mile 3 times per week. I started slowly back at the gym on Friday (2-25). I did 10 minutes on the recumbent bike, 10 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the treadmill. I burned around 250 calories so overall, not a bad workout to start. I am going back to the gym today and plan on increasing my time on the elliptical to about 12 minutes but keep everything else the same. I'm trying not to rush it and get hurt. I injured myself pretty badly about a year and a half ago (I tore my achilles) by trying to do too much, too soon so I'm taking it slowly and easily this time around.

I'm very happy with my progress so far. I have my 1 month check-up on March 8 and I'd like to be down at least 25 pounds (which is 20% EWL for me) but we'll see.

My goal is to lose around 75-85 more pounds. With the band the lowest weight I got to was around 176ish. My hubby thought I was too thin at that weight but I remember being pretty comfortable in my own body. I believe I was around a size 12 at that weight so I'd be pretty content near that weight plus I have a whole box full of cute size 12 and 14 stuff waiting for me!!

take care,

genepha

weight.png

First Major Goal: 199

Goal weight: around 170-180

Congrats and the best of luck !

You are doing great! I am looking forward to the day that I am making my 1 month post op post. My goal is also to be at 160/170. I have no desire to be any thinner then 160-170 /size10 or 12. I would rather be at 170, and my skin looking ok, then 130 and my skin looking gross. My skin might look gross at 170 too though. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. I am 270 now.

enough about me. sorry. Thanks for keeping us updated! Glad you are doing so well!

Thanks everybody! So happy to be on the other side of the surgery. I am confident that I will make my goal with the plication.

Olivia - You are doing great!! 15 lbs. is amazing.

Lmom - Yup I agree! I feel much better at a size 10-12, to me that's a perfect size. (Plus my husband prefers me *chubby*) wink.gif My reasoning for WLS was to get healthier, more active and to be able to do things with my kids that I couldn't do.

When is your surgery??

Thanks everybody! So happy to be on the other side of the surgery. I am confident that I will make my goal with the plication.

Olivia - You are doing great!! 15 lbs. is amazing.

Lmom - Yup I agree! I feel much better at a size 10-12, to me that's a perfect size. (Plus my husband prefers me *chubby*) wink.gif My reasoning for WLS was to get healthier, more active and to be able to do things with my kids that I couldn't do.

When is your surgery??

My surgery is March 9th with Dr. Watkins.

My hubby likes me chubby too. I think I was about 190 when we got married, and he thought that was the perfect weight for me. I would like to be a little smaller then that though.

My surgery is March 9th with Dr. Watkins.

My hubby likes me chubby too. I think I was about 190 when we got married, and he thought that was the perfect weight for me. I would like to be a little smaller then that though.

Yeah I think I'd be happy right now with anything that starts with a 1!! smile.gif