Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Marshall /Dr. Rossi ??

Guest writermom333

Guest writermom333

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can answer a question about Dr. Marshall? Does he require payment up front like Dr. Rossi? Dr. Rossi charges $12,999 for everything--but it has to be paid in full before the pre-op testing is done. Is this the same for Dr. MArshall or the other Peoria Doctors?

I had to change my surgery date with Dr. Rossi when my insurance denied me in Feb. I am schedule again for May, pending my appeal. But I am thinking about going to Dr. Marshall and would like some input from those who have been there.

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting to know you all; I read the bandlandia board every day, but am anxious to meet others closer to home.

Blessings,

Debbi

Guest Bunnygal

Hi,

I am a patient of Dr. Rossi's and hopeful that my secondary insurance will pay. I am scheduled to have surgery June 24. I would assume that the guidelines for payment are the surgical groups and not Dr. Rossi's. Most medical groups are a corporation and the docs share the money, expenses, etc. I could be wrong however. Good luck with your journey. I know it must be frustrating.

Shawn

Guest writermom333

Hi Shawn!

I have most everything settled now. My pre-op tests are next Friday and I begin my fasting on Saturday. Doc's office is going to handle the situation with the insurance company.

It's hard to believe I am getting so close after all this time! Very exciting!

Blessings,

Debbi

Guest Bunnygal

Debbi,

I am organizing a lunch at Ruby Tuesday's in Morton on Saturday, May 15th at noon. This will be for all pre and post ops of peoria surgical group. Let me know if you would like to come. We have about 6 people right now.

Hope to see you there.

Shawn

Guest writermom333

Hi Shawn,

Wow, that is perfect timing--I can get all kinds of tips before my surgery on Tuesday, May 18th! I will be on Clear liquids, tho :^)

I only live about 5 mins from Ruby Tuesday's so I will certainly be there. Are spouses invited?

Blessings,

debbi

Guest Bunnygal

Definitely bring the spouse. I am sure that he has some questions as well.

I just got approved. I did not get approved and then went through an appeal and was still not approved. Then I went through sleep apnea testing and found out that I have sleep apnea. I just found out this week that I got approved. I have my appointment with Dr Rossi on Tuesday and am really hoping to have surgery at the end of June. I have everything done except my pre op testing and phyc eval. If I cannot get everything done by the end of June, I will have to wait until November with my work scheduel.

I could not make it to the lunch as I had to work. But if there is anyone who has some really good advice please pass it along.

I need to re read the information that I got from the class on the diet. Is Dr Rossi 4 weeks without solid food after surgery?

I know he has the one week Clear Liquids before and after. But do not remember from the class what it is after that.

Thanks and good luck writermom.. How did it go?? I see you live in Morton, so do I.

Guest csmith1612

I tried to get Dr. Rossi to operate on me last summer. He would not do the lap band because I was a insulin dependant diabetic. He would staple my stomach and reroute my colon with no qualms, but not the less invasive lap band. This did not make any sense to me and I kept trying to get an answer as to why this was his opinion. Finally he said he would do the operation if my family doctor or my endo would guarantee that I would get off of insulin if I lost weight. My doctors refused to say that as they could not guarantee that it would happen. I happened to talk to one of my friends who is a RN in the ICU of Methodist hospital and she told me not to go to Dr. Rossi. I then started looking elsewhere. I work at Caterpillar and found that I could go to Loyola University

Hospital in Maywood Illinois up by oak brook. I got an appointment with a Dr. Vafa Shayani. I was very impressed with him. He has done over 300 lap bands and is a professor in their medical school at Loyola. He speaks perfect english. My family doctor scheduled all the test in Peoria after Dr. Shayani faxed the requirements. I did have to attend a group theropy session at Loyola. It was free. I did not have to pay anything like the 400 dollar fee they charge at St. Francis. Also free from charge Dr. Shayani had a little card in the shape of a wheel that calculated my MBI at 35.5 the very same figure I got from the 25 dollar test at the riverplex. I had my surgery May 27th. I am doing well. I was eating all kinds of food by the end of my first week. I have lost 9 pounds but I am going to have a fill as soon as

Dr. Shayani lets me at 6 weeks. I can probably eat about 1/3 to 1/2 of what I used tp and I think that it is too much. Anyway the moral of my story is that if you can't get something done be it the doctor or the insurance keep trying. Connie in Farmington

Hi all, I am going to see Dr. Marshall. I went thru my psych evaluation last week and now waiting for Insurance approval. I am pretty sure I will get approved very soon. My question is what did this RN say about Dr. Rossi. I hope these Doctors are good. The Psych I went to, told me they are some of the best in Illinois for this type of surgery. I sure hope so. I have to travel to get all of this done and the future fills so I don;t know much about them but would very much like some input.

Becky

April 29, 2008

I had my surgery done in Galesburg, we have some ppl in support group who went to Peoria and had there surgery b/f it was offered here in town, they said there is alot of hidden charges or up front charges not covered by insurance in Peoria, has far as the surgery went they said they did a good job but it would of been a lot cheaper if it was offered at the time in Galesburg.

Hi csmith1612!

I see you work at Caterpillar. Can you tell me what you needed to get approved? My BMI is 39, I have hypertension, COPD, elevated lipids and probably more that I'm not thinking of. Any insight would be greatful! I've been too Dr. Marshall (not so sure that's who I want to use though). Haven't heard anything from my insurance.