Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know stalls are normal....but....

OK, so officially I have been on a plateau between 224-226 lbs for 20 days. I am almost 6 weeks out, so this is the dreaded three week stall... started at three weeks, and lasted for three weeks too! I probably weigh myself too often, but even if I weigh once a week, I would still stay the same for three weigh ins. I'm pretty sure I am doing everything I should. The body is just saying NO right now. I get to start going to the gym again in a few days... so Im hoping that will boost the loss. Wah Wah Wah! Thanks for letting me cry a little!sad.gif

Hiya Feedyoureye...

I am feling your pain, as you know I stall on a regular basis... good idea re the gym, I too have started to shake my exercise up a little to get me off my current 'stall' ... one other thing that also helps me is to drink more Water... that seems to help things move along a little!

It could also be that your body is still adjusting and working things out for itself... keep doing what you are doing and the scale will move again!!! Believe me... =]

Hiya Feedyoureye...

I am feling your pain, as you know I stall on a regular basis... good idea re the gym, I too have started to shake my exercise up a little to get me off my current 'stall' ... one other thing that also helps me is to drink more Water... that seems to help things move along a little!

It could also be that your body is still adjusting and working things out for itself... keep doing what you are doing and the scale will move again!!! Believe me... =]

Thanks coops, I think the Water thing is in order... I often drink the minimum I was told to...going to shoot closer to the maximum and see how that goes. I know Im not alone on this, but its nice to have someone talk to me about it....at home here its just me and my scale, and sometimes the scale is not a nice friend.....

I think I stall every other week...:D I know it is not fun. I just had a 2 week stall but finally lost 2 pounds the last 2 days. I had to up my calories and I have to really watch my carbs. My latest stall started when I started working out but I still lost 3 1/2 inches in the past 2 weeks so even though the scale did not move the tape measure did. Hang in there it will move again.

I ate about 800 calories today, up from about 6-700. I look different for sure... changes in other ways besides the scales. Im just a little bit TOO married to the scale...

Irk the dreaded stall. . . totally can related, my first stall lasted 3 months and now i've been the same weight for the past 2 months . . . oh well at least i don't weigh 350 lbs anymore. . .:D

I hate stalls. I'm currently in one that has lasted so far since November. Getting frustrated is probably an under statement. I'm going to take my measurements on Friday to see where I am from a month ago. Hopefully those have gone down at least. I'm 14 months post op. I am exercising at least 5 days a week and get probably 1200 calories a day in although honestly, I don't count my calories. The scale will have to move eventually..

I hate stalls. I'm currently in one that has lasted so far since November. Getting frustrated is probably an under statement. I'm going to take my measurements on Friday to see where I am from a month ago. Hopefully those have gone down at least. I'm 14 months post op. I am exercising at least 5 days a week and get probably 1200 calories a day in although honestly, I don't count my calories. The scale will have to move eventually..

Hi Dottie, I'm 14 months out too. . . maybe our bodies have said ENOUGH! Lets make those bodies change their minds! :lol: :lol: I wonder if when you get to a certain weight it stops no matter what you do????

Hi Dottie, I'm 14 months out too. . . maybe our bodies have said ENOUGH! Lets make those bodies change their minds! :lol: :lol: I wonder if when you get to a certain weight it stops no matter what you do????

I have heard other theories like this. Some do say that during weight loss, our bodies will crest on long stalls where our bodies normally felt comfortable on the way up. Like to say I started at 330 Lbs. On the way down I stalled good in the 280's. I think because on my way up my body crested there for awhile too. I think it's a good point... not proven in any way of course - but at least it's a thought!

I have noticed going up and down by a lot of lbs many times, I do notice a crest at the same certain amount of weights. So... who knows?

STALLS SUCK. I'm only 4 months post-op and I've already had several stalls the most recent one being 22 days long. Every time of month I stall during THAT time so I guess I'm used to it. But when I looked at my stats for last month, since I had a 22 day stall, I only lost -2lbs. Sitting here trying not to be depressed about that. I *know* it won't last forever, but when you are in the middle of one, it sure does suck big time.

Hang in there!

STALLS SUCK. I'm only 4 months post-op and I've already had several stalls the most recent one being 22 days long. Every time of month I stall during THAT time so I guess I'm used to it. But when I looked at my stats for last month, since I had a 22 day stall, I only lost -2lbs. Sitting here trying not to be depressed about that. I *know* it won't last forever, but when you are in the middle of one, it sure does suck big time.

Hang in there!

:^( slow poke stomachs!

Gosh I hope not... I'm still in the 250's! I wanna get below 200...then if it needs to stop...OK. :) Right now...I'm trying to make my body change its mind!

I hear ya!! Stalls are noooo fun! I'm not stalled right now, but it seems like I lose every other week, which can be frustrating sometimes. I think you are just at the dreaded 3 week stall and things will move SOON!!!