Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super frustrated!!

Ok so I was sleeved 1/25. I haven't lost any weight in about 2.5 almost 3 weeks now!! It's driving me nuts because I know I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm tracking everything. I'm getting plenty of protein.. my carbs (except for like 1 day?) have been under 50...I'm getting as many calories as I can stomach (I'm averaging 600-700... my fat is WAY low. I'm exercising too. I don't know what else to do. It's frustrating as all hell and I feel like "ok is this IT?? Did I just amputate part of my body for nothing??" I mean it's always been hard for me to continue on the right path w/o some sort of... positive anything. That's why I was never able to stick w/ diets in the past. The only thing keeping me sticking to this is knowing that if I don't I'm going to eff up my stomach. I mean... I've even started smoking again it's that bad. I feel terrible about it. :blink: Thanks for letting me whine. I just thought that if I were able to continue doing what I'm supposed to be doing that something would happen..anything.

I am sorry to hear things are not going as you expected. Have you taken measurements? Are your clothes feeling looser? The scale is not the only measurement.

I am pre-sleeve so you can remind me of the same thing when I am frustrated about something down the line too. lol.

Keep doing as your doctor instructed and the scale will move again.

Baby girl it seems you are having some tough times. It sounds like you are DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT. I'm sure someone with a similar experience will chime in to help. I just want to offer my support and tell you we are here for you.

When is the next time you go for your post op appointment? Maybe your doc can give some suggestions.

{{{ HUGS}}}

Deb

You are doing everything your supposed to be doing and your not losing. I completely understand why your upset. But like everyone here will tell you, it will work. Your body is still getting used to your new stomach and soon the weight will be coming off. I'm sure you don't need to hear this because you know it but I'm saying it anyways because I'm a mom is to try not to smoke. Your starting a new healthy life and smoking is not part of that equation.

Good luck, Janine

Ok so I was sleeved 1/25. I haven't lost any weight in about 2.5 almost 3 weeks now!! It's driving me nuts because I know I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm tracking everything. I'm getting plenty of Protein.. my carbs (except for like 1 day?) have been under 50...I'm getting as many calories as I can stomach (I'm averaging 600-700... my fat is WAY low. I'm exercising too. I don't know what else to do. It's frustrating as all hell and I feel like "ok is this IT?? Did I just amputate part of my body for nothing??" I mean it's always been hard for me to continue on the right path w/o some sort of... positive anything. That's why I was never able to stick w/ diets in the past. The only thing keeping me sticking to this is knowing that if I don't I'm going to eff up my stomach. I mean... I've even started smoking again it's that bad. I feel terrible about it. :blink: Thanks for letting me whine. I just thought that if I were able to continue doing what I'm supposed to be doing that something would happen..anything.

Thanks guys. I think I just needed to hear that it's normal. When you're not sleeved, nearly 3 weeks of not losing weight usually means you're not doing something you should be or something ya know? My brain just keeps going back there and second guessing me.

Daisy, my clothes were getting a little looser and measurements have dropped from preop but not since. I'm literally sitting my butt right here LOL. When's your sleeve date?

Dansha, my next appointment isn't until May!! I had my first appointment with him 2 weeks post surgery. We were having those crazy rolling black outs because of that super freeze that hit even us way down here. He cleared me for exercise and EVERYTHING then because I was "tough" (his words!)

jay, lol I know I need to stop again. DH & I literally had an hour long discussion weighing the "to buy or not to buy" smokes. I told him last night once this pack is done, I'm done. Is it really my body getting used to my new stomach? I never thought that was possible because like... I guess in my brain (in conversation with my stomach) I'm like "ok i'm feeding you less... deal with it.. stfu already" LOL

My husband told me last night out of how many people have done this are you seriously thinking you're going to be the 1 lone person that it doesn't work on?? My answer? Yes!!!!

Hey Sen,

I know this may sound counter productive, but when you are doing very low carbs, you have to eat more fat. Why? Your body is burning all fat for fuel. The more fuel you feed it the higher your metabolism burns. Try to add more healthy fats to your diet, especially if you are keeping your intake to 30g or less of carbs. Give it a week and report back, let me know how it works out! Also lots of Water is essential as well. Try bumping up your intake to about 80 oz to 100 oz per day.

I do lowER carbs so I can sufficiently run on lower fats too, however I do not ever keep my fats super low.

Good luck!!! :)

Hey Sen,

I know this may sound counter productive, but when you are doing very low carbs, you have to eat more fat. Why? Your body is burning all fat for fuel. The more fuel you feed it the higher your metabolism burns. Try to add more healthy fats to your diet, especially if you are keeping your intake to 30g or less of carbs. Give it a week and report back, let me know how it works out! Also lots of Water is essential as well. Try bumping up your intake to about 80 oz to 100 oz per day.

I do lowER carbs so I can sufficiently run on lower fats too, however I do not ever keep my fats super low.

Good luck!!! :)

Hey pretty lady ;)

My carbs aren't nearly at 30.. they're more like hovering in the 40s and really trying to toe themselves up to 50. And that's just natural stuff. My fat grams are averaging between 20 & 30. Is that too low you think? I'm already getting to where I have a spoonful of Peanut Butter at night as a snack to help get things up. I'm not getting anywhere near 80 ounces of Water a day but I'm constantly drinking something. Ack!

Hey pretty lady ;)

My carbs aren't nearly at 30.. they're more like hovering in the 40s and really trying to toe themselves up to 50. And that's just natural stuff. My fat grams are averaging between 20 & 30. Is that too low you think? I'm already getting to where I have a spoonful of Peanut Butter at night as a snack to help get things up. I'm not getting anywhere near 80 ounces of Water a day but I'm constantly drinking something. Ack!

You know I don't really measure my daily fat grams - I just know I don't keep them super low. Maybe try upping your Water first and see how that works? Figuring this whole thing out is the hardest part I think, but once you find your optimal weight loss zone it's all down from there! Until the next stall of course... LOL! :P

You know I don't really measure my daily fat grams - I just know I don't keep them super low. Maybe try upping your Water first and see how that works? Figuring this whole thing out is the hardest part I think, but once you find your optimal weight loss zone it's all down from there! Until the next stall of course... LOL! :P

haha you know, I know 26 pounds is nothing to gripe about but I just feel like I can handle a stall better once I've had some real time and weight loss under my (much looser!) belt. I'm trying to find my sweet spot as far as what works for me but jeez this sucks. I'll try upping my liquid first and seeing about getting some good fat up. Any recommendations for good fat?

haha you know, I know 26 pounds is nothing to gripe about but I just feel like I can handle a stall better once I've had some real time and weight loss under my (much looser!) belt. I'm trying to find my sweet spot as far as what works for me but jeez this sucks. I'll try upping my liquid first and seeing about getting some good fat up. Any recommendations for good fat?

Any of your basic omegas will work, nuts and seeds also add Fiber and Proteins... Then there is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Salmon is great, TONS of Protein and good Omega 3's. Bad thing for me is my tummy doesn't really like Salmon anymore... :(

Thanks guys. I think I just needed to hear that it's normal. When you're not sleeved, nearly 3 weeks of not losing weight usually means you're not doing something you should be or something ya know? My brain just keeps going back there and second guessing me.

Daisy, my clothes were getting a little looser and measurements have dropped from preop but not since. I'm literally sitting my butt right here LOL. When's your sleeve date?

I am going crazy waiting for my surgeon's office to schedule my:

Pre-op testing -then

2nd surgeon visit -then

Surgery

They got insurance approval last Thursday. So long story I don't have my date yet, but am crossing my fingers for March.

I am going crazy waiting for my surgeon's office to schedule my:

Pre-op testing -then

2nd surgeon visit -then

Surgery

They got insurance approval last Thursday. So long story I don't have my date yet, but am crossing my fingers for March.

Good luck Daisy! :)

Diva thanks for that list. That's a damn shame you can't do salmon. I'm not much into seafood but salmon is one that I really like. I wonder when I can manage nuts? At least regular nuts... I've started Peanut Butter in the last few days and I have been using some olive oil when I've been cooking.. and picking out bits to puree for myself so I must be getting some extra in there. BTW Thanks for the help :) You're a real diva doll ;)

I personally think you should try to up your calories to 800-900 because 600-700 is very low for all of us, actually and I find I don't lose my optimum amount of weight there. I mean, for an overweight person, we can even eat up to 1600 (not that we can) and lose weight and a slim person can eat 1200 and lose some weight so 600-700 calories can definitely send us into fat conservation mode. Try gradually upping the calories.

Chances are, if you are exercising a lot and burning calories, your body is trying to conserve some energy for you. Remember, calories are all about energy. We need to get enough energy in if we are going to expend it and if we are at a greater weight.

May I chime in with avocado as a health (and delicious) fat? really Im chiming in for me... it sounds so good I might just have to go get some today...

Good luck Daisy! :)

Diva thanks for that list. That's a damn shame you can't do salmon. I'm not much into seafood but salmon is one that I really like. I wonder when I can manage nuts? At least regular nuts... I've started Peanut Butter in the last few days and I have been using some olive oil when I've been cooking.. and picking out bits to puree for myself so I must be getting some extra in there. BTW Thanks for the help :) You're a real diva doll ;)

Anytime! Speaking of Salmon, pre surgery it was really the only kind of fish I ever wanted to eat. Once I was able to eat solids post op, it was of course the first one I went to (with the exception of the tuna packet from my puree stage). Well I noticed after a few bites my stomach would feel really queasy like... it hated it!! I didn't want to accept this right away so I tried it a few more times and still, the same result. So, I finally came to terms with it that my new tummy hates Salmon! I'm a bit bummed because its so good for me. *sad face*

I think it has mostly to do that my stomach just doesn't like anything high in fats, no matter if it's good or bad. I've been doing my best to keep up with my Omega 3-6-9 pill daily to make up for it. The pill has not upset my stomach at all, thank goodness!!