Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I met a 4-year sleever today

I hear you. I have been on a few diets that I really thought " I can live like this the rest of my life" but in the end couldn't. I think the sleeve may slow me down though.. And I never liked sodas or milk shakes, so Im hoping this sleeve will slow down the damage of slips enough for me to kick into better eating habits again...before its too late!

I've never been a big sweets or soda person. My down fall is southern fried foods, as well as, convenient foods and my taste buds NEVER being satisfied. I'm really scared about the pre-op diet...liquids for two weeks. That's gonna be really tuff!!:(

If you see her again, invite her to join this forum! I'm sure we would support the heck out of her.

I am pre-op still...reading this thread is very discerning to me. I have always had a discipline problem with food. After all, this is why I am at the weight I am. :( I have always started out well on previous attempts to lose weight but then fall by the wayside and gain it all back and them some. I can't imagine going through this surgery and gaining the weight back!!

I am soooo tired of being FAT! I DO NOT want to have to use my stupid C-PAP for sleeping. I am sick of always being tired, joints aching and being hardly able to wipe my #$%! But I am so scared that I will not be strong enough!!

I am just short of 3 months sleeved. At our last support group we sat in small groups and talked with others who have been sleeved and/or wating to get sleeved. One thing I do that others did not is I journal and actually meaure my foods-when I am home. We do not eat out often. I do not crave the junk food. I really look at the nutrition labels to make sure I am eating healthy. I do eat in much smaller volumes. I am down 54 lbs and I have no plans to go back to being fat again. This tool does work but it is work. But I am willing to do what I have to lose and keep off the weight. At lot of it is really are you willing to do what is necessary to lose and keep the weight off. For example-my doctor's says no to soda-even flat soda. I have not had a soda since November 23. Why start again. I know others do drink sodas but for me, I don't want to have the cravings again so I will avoid them. It is all a matter of personal choice. This is also why I will continue to attend my monthly support groups for accountability. Besides, as I get further out, others are now looking at me and I want to show them how succesful this can be.

I am pre-op still...reading this thread is very discerning to me. I have always had a discipline problem with food. After all, this is why I am at the weight I am. :( I have always started out well on previous attempts to lose weight but then fall by the wayside and gain it all back and them some. I can't imagine going through this surgery and gaining the weight back!!

I am soooo tired of being FAT! I DO NOT want to have to use my stupid C-PAP for sleeping. I am sick of always being tired, joints aching and being hardly able to wipe my #$%! But I am so scared that I will not be strong enough!!

We sound a lot alike. Even about the same weight, and similar history of yo-yo dieting. I don't know what else to do. It just takes all of my mental energy to plan and prepare what I know I need to eat. I think it would help so much to not be so damned hungry all the time, and to be satisfied with a small quantity of food. I know what to do and do it 80% of the time, but then "fall off the wagon" and things get out of control, and up goes the weight. This is a last resort for me, but I am afraidI will not live to see grandchildren if I don't do something. As I told my doctor, I fear I will die trying to lose weight.

Just had a setback--finished all of the pre-surgery testing and was prepared to schedule surgery in a few weeks, but got an EKG that may be a problem. But, from checking out EKG procedures, they were very sloppy with mine. The cardiologist says he doesn't think I have a problem, but has ordered expensive and scary sounding chemical stress tests for me to confirm. I have no confidence in him or his staff now, so am in the process of researching cardiologists as carefully as I did bariatric surgeons (Dr. Jawad in Ocala will do mine).

But, I know we can do it. Stay in touch? Are you scheduled yet?

Did I miss something, did she gain a bunch back?? Sounds like a 20LB battle to me from carbs. But still, a sober reminder to have control and good choices, something I'd hoped to be mostly free of after surgery. To do something so drastic I better do my part!