Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast food-What do you eat?

Hello everyone! I was just curious what everyone eats when they happen to go to a fast food joint....Sonic, McD's, Burger King, KFC, etc...? I am eating lunch right now and I am having a chicken Caesar salad from Wendy's and I was curious! :o I know alot of people try to stay away from them but having little ones it's kind of hard at times or on the go with work...you just don't have time.

Well, I am still on mushies, but I have had a few take out items. The Beans and cheese from Taco Bell, and the Chili from Wendy's (blended up at home) are really good for my stage.

I love the Subway wraps. The turkey wrap has only 190 calories and 24g Protein. Low carb also, I just cant remember offhand the exact number. They are a really good choice.

Hmmm, well if you're talking takeway family dinners we'd have a pizza or fish and chips. We'd never go near KFC or McDonalds or anything like that for dinner, but occasionally it will be lunch, more likely just for the kids. The only thing I'd really eat is McDonalds - a cheeseburger and small fries or just a medium fries and coffee.

More often than not though, lunch out would be in a food court and I'd choose something healthier - sushi or a lamb kebab. I dont really like Maccas and KFC and subway would have to be the two most disgusting things I've ever eaten in my life (even though Subway is relatively healthier).

McD's has a chicken club sandwich that is great... get it grilled and don't eat the bun and your good to go! I also like salads from BK and Wendy's. Taco Bell pinto's and cheese is good also. Subway wraps scare me.... those tortilla things are not food....they are all sticky and slimy. Gross!

Can you tell I eat lunch out a lot? LOL!

I love Wendys salads, although I miss the plain spring mix salad... I dont like the "chicken" that are in the salads, hubby eats that. I had the yougurt at Wendys today it was good. I really like the bruchetta chicken from Jack in the Crack, we split the bread, no cheese, theres this Tomato stuff thats great. But I have had the Salads at all the major chains but my fav is Wendys, its mostly Romaine Lettuce instead of iceburg. But I must say I love McDees Asian salad.< /p>

I have my favorites at just about every place, but I stick to a rule: NO BREADED, DEEP FRIED anything. Basically, that's just a big greasy sponge of fat and calories.

Taco Bell: tacos (1 or 2), pintos and cheese, nachos, a burrito- stay away from things with sour cream and lots of cheese or greasy stuff

Wendy's: chili, baked potato, their salads (even though I can't eat the whole thing), a kids or Jr. hamburger with half the bun removed

McDonald's: Breakfast burrito, fruit n yogurt parfait, hamburger with half the bun removed, the occasional small french fry, LOVE that new asian salad, They have a grilled chicken sandwich but I don't get it-there's other choices I like better (like that salad)

Burger King: I generally don't like BK, but if I HAVE to because that's the only choice for some reason, I've gotten the Jr. whopper and taken half the bun off.

Arby's: Jr. roast beef with half the bun removed, baked potato

Subway: I can eat about 1/2 of a 6" sub and I prefer it to the wraps

KFC: tender roast wrap, but I ask for little or no mayo then I usually pick the stuff out of the wrap because I start to get full (it's big). This is the ONLY place I break my breaded, deep fried rule and I do it rarely because I LOVE those popcorn chicken things. YUMMY

Panera Bread: usually a Soup or a salad, sometimes half a sandwich with either half a salad or a cup of Soup (they have a "you pick 2 combo")

I don't have a Sonic that's too close to me, but when I have gone I get a diet slush. Yummy

Whenever I've had to eat fast food, for whatever reason, I try to stick to my rules and make the best choices I can. I'm lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it, I don't have any foods that I absolutely cannot eat. So, I have had to learn to make healthier choices if I want to succeed. I try to stay away from too much bread, not because I can't eat it but because it fills me up and I can't eat the Protein that I need. It's these things that drive my choices and help me in my weight loss journey.

I eat lunch at fast food restaurants often. When I eat a sandwich, I only eat half of the bread. My main focus is portion control--no more than a cup. I do make an exception with salad. My dietian told me that I could have a small plate or bowl of salad.

I love Wendys salads, although I miss the plain spring mix salad... I dont like the "chicken" that are in the salads, hubby eats that. I had the yougurt at Wendys today it was good. I really like the bruchetta chicken from Jack in the Crack, we split the bread, no cheese, theres this Tomato stuff thats great. But I have had the Salads at all the major chains but my fav is Wendys, its mostly Romaine Lettuce instead of iceburg. But I must say I love McDees Asian salad.< /div>

LMAO... Jack in the Crack!!! And I thought I was the only one who called it that! I love it!

After reading this, I feel much better about eating out. Right now, I'm 4 1/2 months out from surgery and I have good restriction.

The only thing I have trouble with is bread (or biscuits, cake, etc.). That means no hamburgers...I can't even eat half of the bun. I thought that would be hard to handle, but it's really no big deal. If I really crave burgers, we'll cook them at home and I just eat it without the bun.

We don't go out often - trying to save money AND be healthier. When we do go out, I prefer Taco Bell or Jimmy Johns. Since my son prefers to get kids meals with a toy, we usually end up making at least two stops.

At Taco Bell, I get two soft tacos (fresco style). I put the filling from one taco into the other one's shell. More filling, less tortilla...the tortillas don't always go down well on their own.

I was a little bummed about giving up my beloved Jimmy Johns...no bread means no sammiches, right? NO! Jimmy Johns has an "unwich" option. You can get any sandwich wrapped in lettuce...I can eat about 1/3 to 1/2 of an "unwich" in a sitting.

I can do chicken fingers/tenders and fries, but I prefer not to (for obvious reasons). Salads are delightful, but I can't eat more than 1/3 of the ones you get at fast food places...and that just feels like a waste. salad doesn't make good leftovers. Now, if I can split it up before I add dressing, I love the salads - the Asian one from McDonalds is amazing.

A bonus that I never thought would actually happen: I can't drink soda! Well, I can, but it's really uncomfortable...totally not worth it. Usually, we grab food and go home to eat, so I can have Water there. If not, I try to do the free water that most restaurants provide. Since I can't drink much after I eat, I don't need a lot...those little cups are actually perfect.