Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you track your intake?

I am just curious what most of you use to track your intake, exercise, etc... I would like to do it on the computer and be able to just print it out... anything out there people are using?

Thanks!

i go to fitday.com. it will figure your nutrients and also has a journal

and goals, excercise, etc, several free areas to use.:biggrin1:

www.fitday.com

It is a great tool...will provide line graphs of your success to date towards your goal, it also has a data base of food items, if what you ate isn't in it you can add the items through the custom feature.

You can track your weight/ goals/food/moods/ journal/ exercise/measurements, etc. I think to own the software its only about $20.00 and you can download it, the paid version comes with more features.....I love it.

Good Luck

Carol

I agree...fitday.com unless you go get your fills thru fillcenter.com and then you have access to their tracking food/excercise etc. (great tool)!

I was using fitday, but changed to Weight Watchers online. It is awesome and I highly recommend it.

It keeps track of what you consume with very little effort, tracks exercise and keeps track of your "points" per day. There is no figuring on your part at all.

Oreilly76 - Good question. I use weight watcher points to track my intake of food. I also track grams of Protein per day and length and time of exercise. I track all of this info in a little spiral notebook that I can carry with me.

Kathi - I went on the WW site and was having trouble getting information. Can you track your points/caloreis for free or does it cost? If so, how much?

Linda,

You can take the tour for free, but to start using the program you have to sign up.

I paid for 3 months and it cost $65 (includes enrollment fee). After the 3 months are up it will cost $16.50 per month and you can quit at any time.

It is truly worth the $$, and trust me I was hesitant to join because when I paid cash for my band sugery I thought that I would never have to spend any more $$ on a diet program, but I am glad that I joined.

The downloadable version of FitDay is worth every penny of the (whopping!) $20 it costs. The custom food/custom portion area and the many MANY reports available are particularly useful for food tracking and motivation.

Good luck.

I used to use Fitday.com, but I switched over to Sparkpeople.com and I vastly prefer it. If you're looking for a system, check out both and see which you like. I like the Sparkpeople interface much better and it has about 90% of the foods I eat already entered (where Fitday only seemed to have about 10%), but many people have just as strong a preference for Fitday, so see what works for you!

I use fitday.com. However, I am going to look at sparkpeople.com. I had never heard of it until today.

I use ediets. They have a nutrition tracker that allows you to enter in everything you eat then record any daily notes (I enter in my Water and excersize notes for the day) then they have a nutrition analysis for each day that calculates everything into a summary like you see on food labels except that it's for a full day. I think I pay $5/month but it's worth it to me.