Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walking / Jogging

I walk 3.5 miles per trip - that's my route and I'm stickin' to it. I used to walk it twice a day but it's too hot now, unless I do the first one really early. It was cloudy and breezy today, so I walked about 7:30. Hopefully I will get my butt out there again tonight.

I used to walk with my neighbor and that was great...made the time pass really fast. But she joined a gym and doesn't walk any more, so I bought an MP3 player and downloaded some music to walk to. It helps a bunch.

Is there a good video to watch while on the treadmill? Something that perhaps gets more than your legs moving and makes the time go by faster? My problem is that I get so darn bored.

I jog and walk. At first, being that I was so out of shape and heavy I had to walk but as I am slimming down I am beginning to fall in love with jogging again. I used to love jogging when I was thin and in shape back in the day. I still have to take breaks when I run and walk in b/w but the breaks are getting shorter and shorter. I definitely prefer to jog than walk. Bad thing is in central Florida it is almost impossible with the heat. I only go at sunset when it has cooled down a bit. I prefer the elliptical at the Y.

~liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/197/150

5'7''

I jog and walk. At first, being that I was so out of shape and heavy I had to walk but as I am slimming down I am beginning to fall in love with jogging again. I used to love jogging when I was thin and in shape back in the day. I still have to take breaks when I run and walk in b/w but the breaks are getting shorter and shorter. I definitely prefer to jog than walk. Bad thing is in central Florida it is almost impossible with the heat. I only go at sunset when it has cooled down a bit. I prefer the elliptical at the Y.

~liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/197/150

5'7''

Im with you on that jogging comment. I am falling in love with the way my heart beats as I push it on the treadmill. Ever seen that "Stupid Girls" video with P!ink, the artist? She's running on a treadmill and she's smiling and making faces as another girl is doing the same on another treadmill? It's hilarious but she's moving pretty fast and her body is so sick! Love that video.

Is there a good video to watch while on the treadmill? Something that perhaps gets more than your legs moving and makes the time go by faster? My problem is that I get so darn bored.

i'm definitely a tivo while treadmilling person. i record my favorite shows/movies and don't let myself watch them until i get on the treadmill. i've been slacking this week so i still haven't seen the 4400 episode from sunday :lol:

LMAO Telly!!! :biggrin1: I love that video with Pink!! Its so crazy how we can change what we like in such a short amt of time. I remember at 240 lbs when I even dreaded going up the stairs to my car in the garage at work and now I leap up them!!

~Liz~

Iuliz,

Me too. I hated parking soo far away from the stores b/c of the availability of parking here kin Disney town. I hated walking all this fat soo far away where the wind would blow my shirt up and expose my belly. :eek: Now I park as far away as I can and love it. Life's little changes. I want to jog now, just thinking about that video. She's really moving in that video. At one point, Pi!nk kinda gained some weight, I think it was while she was taking a break, but man, she looks great now, sooooooo lean and mean.

Here's the video http://www.hotget.com/videocode/Pink-Stupid_Girls_Clean_Version--13043.html

or here

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/home.nsf/webpages/pinkx08x02x06

Every weight loss/ exercise book will tell you that for weight loss with walking it is duration and frequency... not intensity... ie.... walking 1 hour 6 days a week at a average pace is better that running for 20 minutes 3 times a week. I used to walk 5 miles a day for 5 years and kept my weight off. I got feet problems and that was the end of that. I will start walking again but this time I will a weight training. building muscle DOES BURN FAT.

weight.png

I weight train 1 x a week and do intense cardio 4-5 times a week. I think that the weight training helps but I notice most of my weight loss from the cardio. Once I get closer to my goal weight I will add my weight training and less cardio to get more toned and athletic looking. Right now I need to burn more fat.

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/195/150

5'7''

I walk right now. I hope that someday I may job and even run. I walk 2 miles in about 25 minutes. I walk anywhere from 2 to 6 miles every day. If I don't walk I ride my bike at least 4 to 6 miles a day.....I want to jog...still kind of hard for me yet.....but someday

I noticed that running slims down your sides greatly and fast too.

Hey everyone.

I love to walk but I will be honest to say that it was a slow climb to getting on a track. I walk on the treadmill on poor weather days. I am willing to walk outside if my husband goes with me, which he is usually willing to do. But I mix up my exercise. I walk 5-6 days/week first thing in the morning before I eat. I read somewhere that exercising before eating helps to burn off calories and fat that is sitting on you rather than burning off the calories from the food you ate in the day. It seems to work because I have noticed that I do lose more if I exercise in the morning vs in the evening. I also do weights 3 days/week. I just recently bought a trampoline but haven't developed the nerve to get on it yet.

I love reading the exercise tips. Keep up the good work everyone.

Not banded yet, but love my Zen Nano when I am on the treadmill. It helps me get my "rhythm" on...

115189168763036.gif