Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Working out and gaining weight?

I am getting frustrated...well first, let me tell you that I did something that I said I would not do, and that was weigh every day. I started the gym on Monday with a trainer, and have now been 3 days straight. I have or had lost about 22 lbs, but now the scale has me at just 20 lbs. A 2 lb gain in 3 days? I am just 3 weeks out from my surgery and on high protien drink for Breakfast, sliced turkey/cheese stick for lunch and about a 3/4 cup of chili for dinner. So the calories and fat are rather low. It just makes me frustrated. I guess I need to stay off the scale and only weigh 1 x a week like my original plan was...but that scale makes me curious!

When we build muscle mass, muscles tear, and need Water to repair and rebuild. It's Water weight, you'll start losing inches so take measurements if you haven't already.

Measure:

Neck

Chest

Waist

Upper Arm

Hips

Upper thigh

Calf

If you insist on weighing (I was a scale whore so no judgment from me at all), take measurements every couple of weeks as well.

A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle. The big difference is volume. Fat is bumpy, lumpy and takes up a lot of space, muscle is lean, thin, and isn't bumpy therefore taking up less space in the body and you'll lose inches sometimes, but you won't actual pounds.

It is NOT physically possible to put on 2lbs of fat in 3 days. . . No way, no how especially during the losing, low calorie, high Protein phase. It's just not going to happen.

Yes!! Measuring, I was more focused on what the scale said...thanks for the reminder! I am going to do that and weigh just 1 time a week now.

I am very diligant on getting my Water in, so I guess that is some of it too.

Thanks Tiffykins!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches