Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll be honest here...I am not taking my vitamins

I am sooo glad I found Gummy Vitafusion Vitamins they taste just like cany no aftertaste what so ever. I am happy to take them everyday because it's pretty much the best thing I get to taste. I even got my husband taking them because they are so yummy. You can find them in a variety of types. I have D3, Multivitamin, Calcium and Fiber. Will be looking for B12 here soon as well. You really must give them a try since they are like getting a treat. I got mine at CVS and Target.

Just a caveat, those gummies have too many calories for my liking.

If you take all those in the recommended nutritional amount for WLS you'll probably add over 100 calories to your diet.

As far as I remember, they are between 15 and 25 calories per serving and I believe they are fairly low in Vitamin values, so you need at least two servings each.

I am taking in a total of 900 calories on most days, I really don't want to waste 100+ on Vitamin supplements. My liquid multi and Calcium add up to 45 calories and from what I remember (I compared them side by side at CostCo) they were more complete. The adult multi gummies have only 50% of most vitamin per serving, is that right?

Just sayin' - if you use them as your candy allowance for the day, that's great. But make sure to remember it's about 100 calories for those.There is a reason why they taste like candy...they are candy!

My total calories are 45 but I am getting very low calories and having a hard times eating so for me it has not been an issue. I am just happy it helps to make me take them. So if you are having a hard time it is at least something you can try because they taste great and I want to take them every day as my treat.

I take 3 different kinds of Calcium so that I can get the recommended 1500

per day. I had a bone density test which showed the beginning of osteoporosis, so I try to be good about my calcium.

I am 58 but I don't want to feel old because my bones hurt.

My total calories are 45 but I am getting very low calories and having a hard times eating so for me it has not been an issue. I am just happy it helps to make me take them. So if you are having a hard time it is at least something you can try because they taste great and I want to take them every day as my treat.

You probably don't have to take as many Vitamins as I do. I would have to take a double dose of everything (and 4x of the Ds) :-(

The Vitamins are important to your health after surgery. I have a time remembering what to take, but do feel the need for keeping my health intact. I have high blood pressure, and begun deficiencies in Vit D and Calcium. Also have osteopenia. I have had Iron deficiency anemia before I had my RNY 10 yrs ago. It is not fun to not feel well!

I would find a Vitamin that you can absorb well--probably liquid is best, or softgel caps. If you carry them to work with you, you will remember to take them. Set up a schedule that you can take your vitamins and not forget them. They are a very important aspect of your weightloss treatment.

Good Luck!

I wasn't sure what kinds of Vitamins I should be taking post-op, but another sleever recommended Celebrate-Bariatric Advantage vitamins, so I ordered a sample from their website.

(http://www.celebratevitamins.com/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=sample)

So I got the sample today and it's a huge package of tons of different flavors/combos of vitamins that are SPECIFIC to sleeve gastrectomy patients, which is pretty nifty. The sample bag comes with a pamphlet on which vitamins to take and when to take them. I just tried the pineapple-strawberry chewable and it was muy bueno :D

They even emailed me to ensure I received my samples! Very cool. So I'll probably be ordering vitamins from their site once I finish the samples and figure out which one tastes the best. costco gummy vitamins have also been very yummy and digestible for me (and cheap, to boot!).

If you're not a routine Vitamin taker, I would recommend making sure that you're informed about the state of your health and get regular blood panels done. I have NEVER been a vitamin taker and when I got my lap band, I became severely deficient in a lot of different areas. When I became pregnant last year, I had to take a lot of different supplements to make sure my baby and myself could handle the stress of the pregnancy. Since I gave birth, I've still had my panels done (and stopped taking the supplements) to make sure I know how low I've gotten. I supplement as needed based on the results I get from my doctor. I'm not advocating that you shouldn't take Vitamins, but everyone has their own reasons for not doing so.