Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Las Vegas people out there?

OMG I am in sooo need of a hair dresser here...where do you work.. also I have a bachelors in business administration..I have been an office administrator with an insurance and medical company.. so that is my back ground however right now I need a job...

We're having our next Support Group Session the end of September...

Anyone near the Las Vegas/Henderson area is invited to join us!

Here is a link to RSVP to... Hope to see more of you there.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f49/september-get-together-73064/

Hi! I just joined - I am planning to get a band as soon as I figure it all out. I lived in Las Vegas but had to move to NYC for work - I am considering having the band surgery done in Las Vegas - Who is good and how much should I expect to pay (not using insurance). Thanks a bunch and I hope to be back living in Las Vegas someday!!

Dear fancynancy,

Good Luck! Las Vegas is where I chose to have Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band. This is also a title for a book that can help you figure out Everything You Need to Know Before & After Surgery to Lose Weight Successfully. By Dr. Sewell. I had a Realize Band installed in me 1/15/08. Dr. Atkinson did this at North Vista Hospital. I have lost 140 pounds. My proudest number is my pulse rate 61. These are way different than a year ago. I'm just starting this journey & would like to share a one line from this book. " Obesity is a cronic disease, & treatment with the band requires regular monitoring, periodic adjustments, & nearly continuous patient support in order to be successful". Again Good Luck & may Santa bring you what he brought me. Hasta Pronto, George :tongue2::thumbup::blush:

I forgot about the $$$ money. Through my clinic there were 3 different prices for the adjustable gastric band. There is LapBand in two sizes. There is Realize Band. I would guess $25k would be ballpark figure for banded self pay in Las Vegas now. Surgical Weight Control Center will cover my post-op visits for free (fills). SWCC has 2 support group meetings a month for banders. Dr. Segura (shrink) has a group the 1st Wednsday of each month. Far to many people forget that in person support groups are very important. Pre-op, go to as many seminars & support group meetings as you can. The band will give you more everything! Geo.:tongue2::thumbup::blush:

Does anyone know the price for Dr Teng? I have had several doctors say he's the best.

My mom and I were banded three days apart in December by Dr Atkinson. I had a fill last week and was vomitting all week, called last night and he came in today on his day off to remove Fluid for me and one other person in the same boat. I highly recommend SWCC and Drs Atkinson and Soong. In four months we're both down nearly 50lbs. I went from a size 24 to a 16 already.

Sam

Can you tell me who filled your band initially at Dr Atkinsons office? Was it consistently your doctor? I was banded in February and Dr Teng does his adjustments only. And Dr Teng has not had a death yet in his program.

There are currently four people who do the fills at the office. I've had Melissa do my fills so far.

Brian, Melissa, Dr Atkinson, and Dr Soong are the one's who do the fills. Soon Melissa's going on maternity leave so I'm not sure what they're going to do.

For Lapband, death is a very rare occurrence at any rate.

Hi Guys - so happy to find this thread. I live on the NW side of Vegas - near the Santa Fe. I attended Dr. Teng's seminar last night -- he is AWESOME ... I came home and filled out my paperwork that night. Have to get some things together and am going to schedule my consultation with him -- I am so stoked!!! I would love to get the sleeve; however, insurance doesn't pay for that and it does the band, so that is the way I am going to go -- unless of course I win Megabucks! I have UHC and he said they are very good to work with. Fingers crossed!!! :rolleyes2::tongue:

For anyone needing to do cash pay, I highly recommend my surgeon, Dr Kirshenbaum. He is in Denver (a 45 minute plane ride away) and he's been doing gastro medicine since 1977 and laparoscopic medicine since it started in the early 90's. His cost for everything included (pre-op, operation, surgery center, post-op check) is $9,950.

His complication rate is miniscule and his aftercare is free for 3 months post-op and $15 per visit after that. Yes, that's $15.

I have been doing my fills through FillCentersUsa with Dr Ricciardi here in Las Vegas and couldn't be happier (I needed fills every month to get me to the sweet spot so it was cheaper to go with a doc close by) These fills run $130 or you can do a annual package for a little cheaper.

I decided to go with Dr. K because the $26-$30K cash pay price here in Vegas put the surgery out of reach for me. You can check out Dr. Kirshenbaum by running a search on this website...there are tons of threads about him and his patients. Also, www.lapbandrockies.com