Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Relative newbie to this site.

Hello, everyone.

My name is Diane, I am a relative newbie to this site, just found it the end of January and been reading your posts ever since.

I guess you could consider me a senior sleever as I am 56 years old or maybe I should say 56 years young. LOLS! I was the chubbiest baby of all my siblings and remained very chubby most of my childhood. Even though I was very active in sports, and I loved swimming I was just always a very chubby child. I have lost significant amounts of weight many, many times thoughout my life but just manage to put it back on plus more to boot. But the weight has finally gotten the better of me I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis which causes my feet, knees and joints to hurt to the point where I walk like a very old person. So I decided enough is enough and I am gonna give hit the weight loss circuit one last time. Only this time I am going to make sure I can keep it off for good!! I reserched about the lapband but have decided on the gastric sleeve because I believe this is the one for me.

I have completed the 6 month scheduled Dr. visits and jumped all the necessary hoops required to get this surgery done. Hooray!! My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 14th by Dr. Kemmerling, at BayCare Hospital in Green Bay , WI. My pre-op appt. was Jan. 24th, had bloodwork, chest xrays, and EKG, if everything turns out okay with that I am good to go,

I am just okay at this computer stuff so I don't know how to get the ticker thingy, tried but didn't work - so I will just list my pre-op weight as 228# and I am 5' 6 1/2" tall.

If anyone is a senior sleever I would be interested to hear your progress and find out if you are happy with your results. Maybe we can chat about our progress on this new journery in our lives. I will try to keep you posted as often as I can.

Thanks all! Hope to be chatting with you all again soon.

Welcome Diane, My name is Deb and I am from the great state of Kansas. I am 52 years old with two adult kids and a 12 yr old grandson.. I am 5 1/2 months post op and have lost 126 pounds since I started my journey. I absolutely LOVE MY SLEEVE. It has saved my life.

Yes, you are gonna LOVE YOUR SLEEVE too. I promise. :D Good luck!!!

Deb B)

Welcome Diane, My name is Deb and I am from the great state of Kansas. I am 52 years old with two adult kids and a 12 yr old grandson.. I am 5 1/2 months post op and have lost 126 pounds since I started my journey. I absolutely LOVE MY SLEEVE. It has saved my life.

Yes, you are gonna LOVE YOUR SLEEVE too. I promise. :D Good luck!!!

Deb B)

Hi Deb! Thanks for your reply I am so happy that you LOVE your sleeve. Hopefully we will be able to chat and compare notes later. :D

Good luck tomorrow and hope you rest well tonight. Post again when you feel up to it to let everyone know your progress.

Thanks for your good wishes. Getting a little nervous tonite but it will be okay. I will try and post more as I start feeling better. Diane. :D

Wow.... good luck tomorrow! I am also from Green Bay. I actually was going to get sleeved last year by Dr. Kemmerling on April 15th but was a self pay and my mother was not very supportive. I have obtained insurance since then so now am currently going through the insurance hoops. My insurance requires the surgery to be done by a center of excellence and Dr. Kemmerling is not. I will be having my surgery with MIdwest Bariatric Solutions out of Neenah. I am quite happy with going through Midwest Bariatric Solutions rather then Dr. Kemmerling. When I met with him everything went so fast. I had a 5 minute appointment and then he said your good and we scheduled surgery. There were no preop requirements. It was very fast. I don't think I was mentally prepared. With my insurance requirements, I had to do a 6 month supervised diet, and a psych eval. I think I am so much better off w/ MBS then Dr. Kemmerling. I feel so much more prepared. In case you are wondering, I am 25 years old, 5'8 and currently 316 pounds. I wish you luck on your surgery tomorrow. It is a great V-day gift to yourself. I'd love to keep in touch since we are from the same area. I have not met anyone else from GB or the surrounding areas on here. I am hoping to have my surgery by mid March. I have all the requirements together and MBS should be submitting to insurance either the end of last week or the beginning of this week. I'm so excited to finally get this going. It seems so long since I started this process. Once again good luck with Dr. Kemmerling. I've known a few people who have had the surgery with him.

Best of luck on Tuesday!

Wow.... good luck tomorrow! I am also from Green Bay. I actually was going to get sleeved last year by Dr. Kemmerling on April 15th but was a self pay and my mother was not very supportive. I have obtained insurance since then so now am currently going through the insurance hoops. My insurance requires the surgery to be done by a center of excellence and Dr. Kemmerling is not. I will be having my surgery with MIdwest Bariatric Solutions out of Neenah. I am quite happy with going through Midwest Bariatric Solutions rather then Dr. Kemmerling. When I met with him everything went so fast. I had a 5 minute appointment and then he said your good and we scheduled surgery. There were no preop requirements. It was very fast. I don't think I was mentally prepared. With my insurance requirements, I had to do a 6 month supervised diet, and a psych eval. I think I am so much better off w/ MBS then Dr. Kemmerling. I feel so much more prepared. In case you are wondering, I am 25 years old, 5'8 and currently 316 pounds. I wish you luck on your surgery tomorrow. It is a great V-day gift to yourself. I'd love to keep in touch since we are from the same area. I have not met anyone else from GB or the surrounding areas on here. I am hoping to have my surgery by mid March. I have all the requirements together and MBS should be submitting to insurance either the end of last week or the beginning of this week. I'm so excited to finally get this going. It seems so long since I started this process. Once again good luck with Dr. Kemmerling. I've known a few people who have had the surgery with him.

Thanks for the well wishes I have been working with Dr. Kemmerling and his staff since the end of May 2010 - cuz I had to jump all the necessary hoops also for insurance purposes. I am from Manitowoc but I will be happy to keep intouch if you would like. I will post more info as this process moves along.

Best of luck on Tuesday!

Thanks! I am just hoping the surgery goes okay laproscopically and they don't have to do a full open surgery. I think the recovery process is easier with laproscopic surgery. I will try to keep everyone posted when I can.

Thanks! Diane.

Very familiar with Manty, I actually grew up just outside of Cleveland and went to Kiel schools. Its a small world sometimes. Good luck today! I'm sure they won't have any issues doing in laproscopicly. Just curious did you ask Dr. Kemmerling how many sleeves he had done? At this time last year he had only done about 10 of them and had one leak. He did explain the person with the leak had a wide range of issues causing him to be a very high risk surgery. Just curious how much experience he has since last year. I know he has been around for several years and has done tons of the other surgeries. I do have to say, I would like to thank Dr. Kemmerling because I first heard of the sleeve at one of his seminars. I was interested in the band before I heard of the sleeve that day. I see his commercials on tv all the time for his seminars and I think where would I be now if I had never gone to his semianr last January!

Hey.... remember to walk, walk, walk today! That's what they all say! Let us know how it goes! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Diane,

Haven't heard from you.... how did your surgery go?

There are a few other people going through Dr. K that are talking in the thread "Anyone from Wisconsin". They were asking if anyone had the surgery with Dr. Kemmerling. Maybe you could give them some information when you have time.

I hope your surgery went well!

Hope to hear from you!

Kara