Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tired of Crying Today

Today has been a long day. But I am still breathing, so I thank the Lord.

Earlier this week I posted a topic about what happen with my financing and the screwed up mess MyMedicalLoans is putting me through. For those who didn't see it here it in a nutshell. I applied with MyMedicalLoans for $4200. I was approved for $5000 (CosmetiCredit). All of the loan orgination fees, and etc brought my total loan amount to right under $600. Still alot in fees, but what the hay. I planned on paying off my sugery early (hopefully through before the interest started) and I was all set.

Found out earlier this week that Dr. Rod never got paid and the money went to Dr. Ramos-Kelley. Fastforward to today, Belite called and said MyMedicalLoans only sent them a check for $3700. They were trying to charge me $1200 to borrow $5000. I said no way and told them to cancel my loan contract with them since that is NOT what I agreed to. Belite said since my date is so close, I would need to self pay almost all of it with them helping out with a very small amount. While I could pull the $6700 from my savings, I promised my husband I would not at the beginning of this journey. I told him I would save by not shopping, no QVC orders, and doing my own hair and nails to pay for the surgery (I am even taking a second job 3 months post surgery to pay it off faster).

My husband recommed for me to call Dr. Ramos-Kelley since they has already been paid (the bank said it would be a few days before the money reversed) and ask about their patients and do some research. I called Sandy at Dr. Ramos office and she was such a sweet heart. She told me their sleeve was $5300. I can pay that with almost no problem. I have $4500 saved, so I will ony need to take a small loan from saving. But is the price relfective of the service?

I am been researching Dr. Ramos Kelley for the past 7 hours straight. I don't know what to do. Sandy said he will try to call tonight or tomorrow. Why is the price so different? The hopsital pics look much better than INT and Dr. Ramos keeps you for 4 days. I only found one thing negative and I think it could of happen anywhere. He says he can work me in on my orginal surgery date, this Saturday.

I don't know what to do. My husband is saying leave the surgery alone. Its too much going on for him to wrap his head around. I really want to make this happen. My flight is booked, my bags are packed. I am trying to stay prayed up and listen to the inside voice, but its telling me to don;t get any sugery with anybody. My eyes are bloodshot red. I felt like I was sooooo close and now I am as lost as I was 6 months ago.

Need words of comfort and advice.

Hi - I just got back from having surgery with Dr Ramos Kelly on Jan 6th - please read my blog I had a wonderful experience. Another woman from Atlanta - Davida who posts on here was with me at the same time.

NO Worries! Perhaps this was meant to be. The care and service I received from Dr kelly and Trish is coordinator was OUTSTANDING. You could not ask for more. Please let me know if you have any questions. I am sorry you having such a difficult time with the financing etc. I will be praying for you!

Kim

((((hugs))))

I really hope that in this difficult time it will all work out for you. Continue to reach out to his patients and find out about him. You never know, perharps this is part of your journey. I just urge you not to go through with something so drastic without believing in your surgeon 100%.

Please let us know how everything turns out. :(

I am sorry for the situation you are in and I hope the right answer will come to you.

I am booked with Dr Ramos Kelly on February 4th. I researched lots before I came up with my decision to go with Dr Ramos Kelly. Go with your heart. That is what I did. I have a friend who is facilitating for another doctor and she would have benefitted from me going with her doctor. The price was beyond my reach (I am self pay), and Dr Kelly was over half the price and had twice the experience. The other doctor's facility was more like a 5 star hotel but didn't feel I wanted to pay double just to recover with a view of a golf course. I wanted my doctor to have experience. I struggled with my decision for many days, losing sleep, feeling anxious, worried about my friendship, etc...My head told me to go with my friends doctor, but my heart was telling me to go with Dr. Ramos Kelly. I finally made contact and once the ball started rolling I had no more angst about it. If it feels right, do it. If you aren't sure, then maybe it is best to wait until you know. And you will know. None of us want to live with regrets.

Good luck with making your decision.

I'm sorry this has all been so crazy for you. But, I wish you the best of luck!

Hopefully, whatever is meant to happen WILL! And, you'll be sleeved in no time!

HI All,

Thanks so much for your words of comfort. Thank you to the dozen of Dr. RK patients I spoke through over PM, e-mail, and phone. I got a chance to speak to Dr. RK myself and he seemed wonderful. He answered all of my questions and eased my concerns. He explained to me the new hospital, the process, and why he does things different that Dr. Rod. I started his preop diet, which does have a calorie restriction, today. He explained why he prefers his patients go on all liquid (clears) 3 days before surgery (following the ABSA guidelines) though not all doctors see a difference. He even explained to me why some patients have paif $6300 and others $5300 (its all in who schedules you and when you schedule mainly). I am speaking to him again tonight and then tomorrow (ny husband has questions). I am beginning to feel a lot better.

Thanks again

So glad to hear that you are finding some peace on this ... maybe there really is a reason for the mix-up. No matter what, you have to do what you feel comfortable with. We are here to cheer you on and support your decision. Best of luck!!!

HI All,

Thanks so much for your words of comfort. Thank you to the dozen of Dr. RK patients I spoke through over PM, e-mail, and phone. I got a chance to speak to Dr. RK myself and he seemed wonderful. He answered all of my questions and eased my concerns. He explained to me the new hospital, the process, and why he does things different that Dr. Rod. I started his preop diet, which does have a calorie restriction, today. He explained why he prefers his patients go on all liquid (clears) 3 days before surgery (following the ABSA guidelines) though not all doctors see a difference. He even explained to me why some patients have paif $6300 and others $5300 (its all in who schedules you and when you schedule mainly). I am speaking to him again tonight and then tomorrow (ny husband has questions). I am beginning to feel a lot better.

Thanks again

I am so glad to hear that you were not only able to talk to Dr. RK patients, but also Dr. PK himself. Things are looking up!!!

I am so happy that you are moving along in the process and finding answers and comfort. Dr Kelly was exactly the right surgeon for me! I hope you have the same kind of experience that I did! My surgery was textbook, uneventful and really pretty easy thus far. I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Have an amazing journey! We are all in this together so please let keep us updated on your progress. You are in great hands with Dr Kelly and Trish will be with you every step of the way!

Hugs and blessings!

Kim