Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Mushies?

I am convinced that the mashed potatoes and blended chowders has sent me over the edge into Carb-land. I have been eating/drinking until I am about to bust. This is day two and I am miserable.

I made my favorite low carb Soup today (country pork ribs with green chili salsa, put cheese/sour cream in it. YUM!), and blended it smooth so think that will help. But the only other low carb things I can think of are meat...definitely not Mushie.

I need 0 carb, low carb, MUSHIE foods. I am not even to soft foods yet, so it bust be MUSHIE and filling (Jello does not work for me.). No Jello pudding, no mashed potatoes, any suggestions???

Egg salad sounds great! Thanks for the idea.

I have even thought about doing the fat fast for a few days, using only the cream cheese. I think that would be easy on my tummy, and may jump start my weight loss.

Cottage cheese is great! Also they have low carb yogurt now, it still has some but is very reduced. Also careful with the egg salad, I can't do eggs unless they are scrambled, the whites by themselves are too rubbery, everyone is different though. You can try thickening up some Soup with things like cream cheese or corn starch (lower in carbs than flour)

I love refried beans! I get the fatfree kind and they do have 21g carb per half cup BUT they have 8 g Protein and 7 g fiber! I love them with salsa, fatfree sour cream, or cheese.< /p>

I make mashed cauliflower, just steam it until soft and then blend with a bit of butter and milk or cream. I also add garlic and parmesan cheese. You can do them loaded with sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits. They are a great low carb high Fiber sub for mashed potatos. I have also made them and then put them in the taoster oven for that twice baked texture. ~Mandy

Sweet potatoes are lower in carbs, with a little butter and some cinnamon. Also, I have heard from people that the Soup in my new diet thread is band friendly, and might be a good try for you. Just makes sure that you realy let it cook overnight on low so the veggies are really soft. And chop the carots up really good. I hope that helps!!

I totally forgot about Mock Mashed Potatoes made with cauliflower. I will have to get some.

My blender is going to work overtime! Thank you all for the suggestions. I will make chili, cauliflower, and look into that diet soup!

Low carb mushies can be done after all!!!!

Doing much better today. Not eating until I am stuffed. Doing things the low carb way sure seems to help me.

I sm sooooo much less hungary when I am doing low carb. I was told that eating carbs makes you want more carbs, hungry or not. Not sure how true that is, but I know that when I have carbs, I get all crazy for more carbs. ~Mandy

I found the same thing to be true...carbs make you crave more. I actually did pretty well on Atkins, to I need to get back to that lower carb thing. I don't miss them after the initial week or so. I also use refried Beans...they're one of my staples. Yeah, they have carbs, but if you subtract the Fiber, they're not so bad and are high Protein. And they are so satisfying that I find I don't want Snacks later in the evening.

Emily

i am almost 4 weeks into my banding (may 27 DR. Arturo Rodriguez Monterey MEX,) and i am doing the Atkins diet .i am haveing no problems with tuna salad (tuna mayo salt and pepper ) egg salad (same subbing tuna for egg )i also snack on sunflower seeds, and cheese . I also like scrambled eggs .It is funny i dont have a fill but i can only eat about 4 or 5 ounces of food ....if i am just about to die for a sweet ill take cool whip and freeze it and have carb friendly ice cream that is delicious ...