Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks I need more protein

Wildorchids
Sign in to follow this  

I'm a big fan of egg white omelette. I use 2 egg whites for 34 calories and 7 grams of Protein and I add 1/4 cup of kraft ff cheddar for 45 calories and 9 grams of Protein. All totaled you get 16 grams of protein for less than 80 calories. A lot of bang for your buck.

Sometimes…..if I'm feeling daring, I add some jimmy dean turkey sausage I've crumbled in my mini food processor. Less than one sausage patty.

I'm having a hard time getting mine in too. I'm only getting about 20g but today I had the Carbmaster yogurt (Kroger brand) that has 12g of Protein and 4 carbs in 6oz. I'm going to start eating at least 2 of those per day.

I also just remembered this super good snack that I used to eat when I was doing the low carb diet. I made Parmesan cheese chips they are SO good. In 1/4 cup of the cheese there is 110 cal, 1 carb & 9 Proteins. I use the Kraft shredded parmesan cheese, measure 1/4 cup then seperate it into 5-6 piles and pat down on a cookie sheet with parchement paper. (if you don't use parchement, you'll need to spray some nonstick cooking spray on a cookie sheet) Personally I like it better without the spray. Then bake on 350 for about 5 minutes or until the edges are a light brown. let them cool and the should be nice and crispy and FULL of yummy flavor.

:)

What are you eating and drinking now? Are you drinking any Protein Drinks? What about mushies? If I had more information about what you're eating and drinking, I would be able to steer you in the right direction.

I'm not getting enough Protein in ho can I get it? I'm at 40 -50. What can I have that's lowcarb but high Protien

My Nut recommends Muscle Milk Lite. I drink several bottles a day. Also Isopure, diluted 50%.

I am 9 1/2 week post-op and there are days where I just don't want to supplement so I try to eat enough foods but I have yet to make it work :( I HAVE to supplement with Protein powders either mixed in with foods or an actual drink otherwise I can't get in enough Protein. I just can't eat enough solid foods!

I usually make a Protein Drink in the morning that will equal 40-50+ grams and then I know I'm good to go and everything else just helps me out!

I eat A LOT of egg whites and cheese though! I love Sargento Reduced Fat Cheddar cheese Sticks and they have 5g of protein per stick!

Those parm cheese "chips" sounds AWESOME and I will be making them tomorrow! LOL

I'm a big fan of tuna! I get the Starkist Lunch-To-Go kits and leave out the crackers - 19 grams of Protein.< /p>

Greek yogurt - Oikos, Non-fat vanilla is my favorite (I mix in 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of Kashi Go Lean Cereal - 13g protein per cup - but I'm further out, you might not be able to tolerate that yet)

chicken salad, egg salad - both staples for me.

And cheese - Cheese Heads light string cheese by Frigo - 8 grams protein

I make chili with extra lean ground beef and white kidney Beans and top it off with plain Greek yogurt, which tastes like sour cream. It is almost all protein! And the beans give extra Fiber, to boot!

I'm having a hard time getting mine in too. I'm only getting about 20g but today I had the Carbmaster yogurt (Kroger brand) that has 12g of Protein and 4 carbs in 6oz. I'm going to start eating at least 2 of those per day.

I also just remembered this super good snack that I used to eat when I was doing the low carb diet. I made Parmesan cheese chips they are SO good. In 1/4 cup of the cheese there is 110 cal, 1 carb & 9 Proteins. I use the Kraft shredded parmesan cheese, measure 1/4 cup then seperate it into 5-6 piles and pat down on a cookie sheet with parchement paper. (if you don't use parchement, you'll need to spray some nonstick cooking spray on a cookie sheet) Personally I like it better without the spray. Then bake on 350 for about 5 minutes or until the edges are a light brown. let them cool and the should be nice and crispy and FULL of yummy flavor.

:)

i will be going to the store after work to get some parmesan!

yummo on the parmesan chips! ever tried them with hot sauce? i have been thinking how i could get hot sauce in my system without taking up too much room with chips and this may work! thanks for sharing!

as for me I am at 5 weeks and I just do a fruit smoothie every morning with one scoop of EAS brand vanilla Protein Powder (23 grams) and instead of Water i use milk for another 8 grams of Protein and then i drink on that for an hour or hour and a half. the rest of the day i mix special K brand Protein Drink mix (pink lemonade flavor) into my water so that gets me another 15-20 grams there, and the rest i attempt to get from actual meat. i have been bad about journaling the actual #'s of what I am eating but I have been keeping up with my muscle mass, when i first had the surgery i lost 10 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks but now ive gained 2 and a half of it back so i must be doing ok for now.

Thanks guys I went to kaiser doctor today and he said NO MORE Protein drinks. He wants me to get my protein from food he said dont worry about not getting enough protein. So many ways all different. His theory is one year from now I'll be hungry since shakes go straight thru you!