Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calories after surgery

How many calories are you consuming after surgery at 4 weeks?

At 4 weeks out I was only getting between 400-500 calories a day. Over the last 2 weeks I have been able to bump it up to between 500-650 Calories on a really good day.

I just finished making a YouTube video talking about all of the thing I was doing weeks 1-6 including what I was eating/drinking.

Hope This Helps

At 4 weeks out I am only getting in maybe 500 calories and that's pushing it.. I always start with my meat/protein at meal time and for Breakfast I eat 1 poched egg and a slice of deli sliced turkey. For my morning snack I take in a Atkins shake for lunch I usually nibble on a slice of turkey. Then a kellogs shake for my afternoon snack. For dinner usually a grilled chicken breast, or a grilled pork chop.. Usually no more then a 1/4 of either item and I am done for the evening. I drink lots of Water when I'm not eating/drinking my meals.. I've never been so thrilled over eating so little.. LoL

BonnieJune, I watched your first youtubes -- I am in week 2 post op and boy did it help me to hear from someone who has been there/done that and gotten through it fine. Every day this week has been a trial for me. I'm normally a pretty cheerful, upbeat person, but man am I down in the dumps lately. Like you, I just want to CHEW so badly and can't! Also it hasn't helped that every night for the past 3 nights my hubby has eaten pizza or a hamburger and cheese puffs ... come on dude, you are KILLING me eating that stuff while I'm stuck sucking down broth (for the 12th freaking night in a row). Keep up your videos so I know what is in store for me as I progress! smile.gif

BonnieJune, I watched your first youtubes -- I am in week 2 post op and boy did it help me to hear from someone who has been there/done that and gotten through it fine. Every day this week has been a trial for me. I'm normally a pretty cheerful, upbeat person, but man am I down in the dumps lately. Like you, I just want to CHEW so badly and can't! Also it hasn't helped that every night for the past 3 nights my hubby has eaten pizza or a hamburger and cheese puffs ... come on dude, you are KILLING me eating that stuff while I'm stuck sucking down broth (for the 12th freaking night in a row). Keep up your videos so I know what is in store for me as I progress! smile.gif

Kris,

Congratulations on your sleeve!! I'm so happy that watching my video helped. That really was the reason I decided to make them. (and to look back once I get to goal and see how far I've come on this journey.)

Hang in there. It really does get better.

I will continue to check in on Saturdays. If you have specific questionsyou would like me to answer on the next video just message me on YouTube and I will make sure to do so.

CONGRATS Again!!

:-)

At 4 weeks I was eating 600-800 calories

At 4 weeks out I was eating 400-600 cal a day. One day I ate 700 and I thought I would die! At six weeks out I now eat about 470-560 cal each day.

How do you figure calories for your Protein items like fish, turkey, etc and the fruits and veggies that you ate eating

I have a paperback book called "The Complete Book of food Counts" and I also use Sparkpeople.com to log my food. They have a pretty good nutrition reference too.