Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Young And Banded

Hello Croatica,

sounds great I drank a bit this Friday, and I guess Im not so young anymore:-))) cause it took me one day to recover:-)

wow 400 cals, I wouldnt be able to do that, I didnt have a fill yet and I get hungry a lot of times...not just head hunger.

I was told by my surgeon¨said that I should eat 800-1000cals. I have done a lot of research on the calorie intake and a lot of them suggest that your brain might get effected because if you dont have enough energy then the body shuts down some functions.I know you are healthy and taking vitamines,but please consider increasing your cal intake.I know we all want to loose all the fat we have,but it took us a lot of years to eat to that point and we can not expect our body to loose everything in couple months.I personally dont want to lose more than 3-4 kgs a month and I was told its healthy that way.

Im not telling you what to do I respect your decission,just telling you what I learned or was advised by my doctors.

Good luck to you and I hope you arent mad with me:-)) We all got to stick together:-))

Good luck to you and I hope you arent mad with me:-)) We all got to stick together:-))

Of course I am not mad with you sweety, we are all in this together. :biggrin1:

I increased my intake by 200 cals nows, I am getting more hungry as my first fill draws near. Cant wait to eat something not so liquid. :biggrin1:

Hi guys Im 18, I was banded at 17! Its great, but I have problems, my surgeon says I should be losing weight a lot quicker than I am, that its supposed to fall off of teens, so I would like to see more young people on this who are banded so that we can discuss what we are doing and arent and compare what is going on between us so that we can all get on the right paths and share stories so that we can all get healthy while we are young and feel that there are others our ages out there experiencing the same things! This is great!

I may be a little on the older side I'm 26 and my birthday is Thursday, July 27th. I was banded on June 19th, 2006.

Hey Arcael...

My bday is Aug 16 and I'm gonna be 22 also.. Congrats on getting your band! Hope it all works out the way you want it too!

I think I am getting my first fill on Aug 14 (I was banded July 5th) so I will be on my last day of liquids (3days I think) on my bday... can you say lowfat smoothie? with a candle somewhere thrown in? haha

Well Happy early Bday and good luck!

Leona :tea:

Hello Arcael!

Congratulations on your lapband surgery!!! I am just in the beginning stages of preparing for the surgery. What made you decide to do it? :tea:

I havent been very good with food for last two days but its gonna get better:-)I will behhave:-)I drank a bottle of wine yesterday and had salmon and potatoe with cheese,but it was worth it:-))

Hey do you guys get so hungry next day after you drink?Its terrible Im hungry like all the time after I drink:-))

Did you have a hangover? Because if you did, its normal that you are extra hungry. Thats why I avoid drinking alchoholic beverages. But I know its pretty shitty if you are amongst friends and everybody is drinking and stuff... :think

Did you have a hangover? Because if you did, its normal that you are extra hungry. Thats why I avoid drinking alchoholic beverages. But I know its pretty shitty if you are amongst friends and everybody is drinking and stuff... :think

Yep I sure had a hangover:) , but I was reasonably good this weekend and I went to gym on Saturday and Sunday.Im satisfied with myself:-))

Its hard not to drink when you are with friends but if it isnt too often then its ok.Im drinking like once a week max.2glasses of wine and like once a month when I really party with my friends:-)This weekend I learned that rice isnt good for me,I was very hungry when I came back from gym and I was eating chicken with rice.Guess I didnt bite properly and I had the worst golfball in a month,finally I threw up.I hope my band is ok:-)

I was banded two days after my 22nd Birthday..I was the one of the Youngest patients my Doc had.. (now i am not the youngest..He just banded a 17 year old.

Yep I sure had a hangover:) , but I was reasonably good this weekend and I went to gym on Saturday and Sunday.Im satisfied with myself:-))

Its hard not to drink when you are with friends but if it isnt too often then its ok.Im drinking like once a week max.2glasses of wine and like once a month when I really party with my friends:-)This weekend I learned that rice isnt good for me,I was very hungry when I came back from gym and I was eating chicken with rice.Guess I didnt bite properly and I had the worst golfball in a month,finally I threw up.I hope my band is ok:-)

Hah, I had my first fill today. And my first softie dinner. My mother mixed mexican style tuna for me, my tongue was on fire. :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

I try not to drink too much at parties anymore after I found out how many calories liquor and juice has in it, not to mention wines and such, so Im getting calorie phobia I suppose because all I walk around saying is "too many calories" lol! But its fun to party and have a few drinks every now and then, but every weekend was killing me! I dunno how ppl do it and still look like bombshells ALL THE TIME! lol

Jodie I'm with you, most of the people at my school drink their daily worth of calories and still eat and never gain weight. I saw on another thread that you are headed off to college good luck and make the best of!! :(

Thanks Ariel, I dont think college will change me on that subject seeing as Im from a small town and we get away with it (keg parties and such) so I have been around it, its nothing new except for being in a new city (oh and being in a CITY!) Lol, to tell you the truth I would rather shop all day than party all night, with some exceptions ofcourse.....I wish there were more young bandsters on. I would love to be a part of a support group, but there isnt one here and I frankly can not drive for 2 hours there and then 2 hours back to attend a 30 minute meeting yah know? So this is my support group, when I move Im going to try to find a good support group there, but for now I admit I wish I had someone to talk to face to face that was my age and going through some of the same stuff. People dont really remember what its like to be a teenager because they have matured so much, and its probably a good thing, just sometimes its harder to get advice when your 17 or 18 from someone who is close to 40 all the way to 50 years old. All of the comments and advice is valued to me very much, but I would like to be able to talk to someone closer to my age bracket just because of the better bonding and closer bond teens of today share to one another, just like when they were teens they all stuck together, so I like this thread a lot, I know Im just rambling, Im sleepy but cant sleep so Im preoccupying myself..................